Man behind Broxi Bear dies aged 44

Bydo

On ‎3‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 20:55, Virtuoso said:

Was shocked at this when I heard earlier.

A good guy who did a lot for the charity foundation along with 'Moray's Broxi Bear' where any money raised through appearances (at kids parties etc) by 'Broxi' goes to the foundation or charity of the parents choice. Gave up a lot of his time for free.

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/jim-hannah

The 44th minute Ibrox ovation today was brilliant, just in case anyone missed the donation page the link is above, cheers in advance the best fans ever.

12 minutes ago, pcbear said:

The 44th minute Ibrox ovation today was brilliant, just in case anyone missed the donation page the link is above, cheers in advance the best fans ever.

Noticed a lot of familiar names from RM on the Justgiving page. Well done as always fellow Bears.

Total tonight shows £3410.00.

2 minutes ago, Zetland said:

Noticed a lot of familiar names from RM on the Justgiving page. Well done as always fellow Bears.

Total tonight shows £3410.00.

I tried twice to donate but for some reason it would not work, once GB said the Erskine fund had put in a donation I did not try again.

The thing that disappointed me today, and maybe it was a request from Stuart's family, was that he was not included in the minutes silence with Ray before kick off, it seemed wrong to me and I felt his contribution was seemed as less than the players.

The minutes applause was good but it was supposed to be on 45 min, but it started a few seconds after 44 minutes and quite a few people near me obviously had no idea why we were applauding and did not take part. The small screen at each end at the scoreboard had a loop say condolences to his family and friends, but it was not enough for me. Just a personal opinion and obviously did not bother many people or it would have been mentioned on here I am sure. :thumbup: 

Just now, Zetland said:

Sad day @Bears r us

It’s always difficult to pay our respects and sometimes to get the message out there to so many about tributes. I take comfort from the fact that at least we are a Club to honour our own.

Indeed Z, I just felt uncomfortable how it was done today, but it is all about opinions and tomorrow is another day. :thumbup:

1 hour ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

Would have thought the club would have retired the Broxi character - at least for today anyway?

I thought he would have had a wee nod to the guy like a black armband or something but maybe they aren’t allowed to do that.

1 hour ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

Would have thought the club would have retired the Broxi character - at least for today anyway?

They did. Broxi wasn't there. His wife and kid were there but no Broxi. There was a dark brown imposter of a bear costume kicking about with the autism Scotland t-shirt on. Didn't like that myself.

6 hours ago, broomloanjamie said:

They did. Broxi wasn't there. His wife and kid were there but no Broxi. There was a dark brown imposter of a bear costume kicking about with the autism Scotland t-shirt on. Didn't like that myself.

Broxi was there but didn't do the rounds with the rest of the family and the Scottish Autism bear. I thought they had "retired" him for the day.

He stood for photos with the captains and the weans before kick off. I thought maybe it was for the weans because obviously they wouldn't understand why Broxi wouldn't be there. I hope they at least asked Stuart's family if they were ok with that before doing it right enough.

6 hours ago, broomloanjamie said:

Get yourself to specsavers mate.