Pardew

Dlydon81

There were folk on here saying FDB is a failure because he had 4 games at Palace and got sacked without being able to implement his style.

Yet Pardew has failed spectacularly in his last 3 jobs now in England, and quite frankly was given more time than he deserved, but he might be exciting?

Bizarre.

1 hour ago, Negri's lovechild said:

Personally, I would say no to Pardew, but mainly because of the "starts well then tends to end badly" way his managerial posts seem to go. But....

Some of our support have to get real at times. Who as a manager are we going to attract that is realistically higher profile or higher calibre? We as a club should be a pull for any manager (and in the past we have been), but in its current state, Scottish football is a basket case. Brenda is here for an easy ride and some trophies. Clarke wasn't that high profile as a manager in england. If we are shopping in the English market for a manager, it will be someone who's stock has fallen a bit and wants to rebuild it, or a younger, hungry manager who is relatively untested.

There are worse out there than Pardew who are available, so we shouldn't dismiss these guys out of hand. Mclaren is another who is ridiculed at times on here, but the guy is meant to be an excellent coach (crap manager though), and has won things in better leagues than Scotland (albeit a few years ago, but that's what we are looking at if we want a "name"). He could work well under a dof 

I agree we have to have a bit of realism with regards to who we can get in these days.

If recruiting a manager from England, it is likely to be someone who's taken a hit to there reputation and out of work.

While pardew has had some success in his cv down south. 5th with newcastle and fa cup final.

The guy has a horrible behaviour record which should rule him out.

This includes yelling abuse at other managers, shoving officials and sticking the nut onto a player.

I can't see him not cracking up again when your going to be constantly scrutinised and wound up by the opposition and the press here. 

I find it hard judging managers in the EPL. its such a money driven league that to get a team like palace etc to the next lvl is almost impossible without serious cash. Brenda wasnt a top gaffer down there. One good season thanks to suarez. Rest were mediocre at best. Dont think he even has a win rate of 50% down there. Comes up here and is clearly lvls above. Thats why i dont dismiss guys like mcclaren. Done some impressive things but also some crap lol..same as brenda. Clarke is the same..good and bad down south. Up here is walking it so far. I think if allan is choosing then he'll go for a solid manager from down south whose maybe had good/bad times.

4 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

I agree we have to have a bit of realism with regards to who we can get in these days.

If recruiting a manager from England, it is likely to be someone who's taken a hit to there reputation and out of work.

While pardew has had some success in his cv down south. 5th with newcastle and fa cup final.

The guy has a horrible behaviour record which should rule him out.

This includes yelling abuse at other managers, shoving officials and sticking the nut onto a player.

I can't see him not cracking up again when your going to be constantly scrutinised and wound up by the opposition and the press here. 

The pressure someone like Pardew would be put under by other clubs and the press would be too much for him. They cottoned on to Pedro's quick temper quickly and tried to use that against him. 

I wouldn't want another circus, but with the experience he has, it should be easier to get results up here.

8 minutes ago, Rusty117 said:

I find it hard judging managers in the EPL. its such a money driven league that to get a team like palace etc to the next lvl is almost impossible without serious cash. Brenda wasnt a top gaffer down there. One good season thanks to suarez. Rest were mediocre at best. Dont think he even has a win rate of 50% down there. Comes up here and is clearly lvls above. Thats why i dont dismiss guys like mcclaren. Done some impressive things but also some crap lol..same as brenda. Clarke is the same..good and bad down south. Up here is walking it so far. I think if allan is choosing then he'll go for a solid manager from down south whose maybe had good/bad times.

That's it, the level up here is different. People go on about TLB and McInnes as being two of the best managers up here. TLB didn't exactly work wonders with Bolton, and neither did McInnes with Bristol. 

A manager of average English clubs with some nouse would do well up here. Even the average ones have come up against the top managers in the game and will have learned a few tricks tactically. 

2 minutes ago, Negri's lovechild said:

That's it, the level up here is different. People go on about TLB and McInnes as being two of the best managers up here. TLB didn't exactly work wonders with Bolton, and neither did McInnes with Bristol. 

A manager of average English clubs with some nouse would do well up here. Even the average ones have come up against the top managers in the game and will have learned a few tricks tactically. 

Agree!! 

The former Newcastle United, Crystal Palace and West Ham manager joined the Baggies at the end of November but after only winning once in that time - a 2-0 win over Brighton and Hove Albion in January - his time was called after nine defeats in a row :megaanguish: