Two Rangers Heroes.

tannerall

1 minute ago, tannerall said:

He spent much of his time, voluntarily, encouraging Rangers fans of all ages to applaud themselves and the team.

Quite a fitting tribute in my opinion.

Just now, Siwel said:

I don’t know how you’ve came to that conclusion tbh but fair enough

It's disrespectful in my eyes, but each to their own. 

Just now, BridgeIsBlue said:

It's disrespectful in my eyes, but each to their own. 

There’s no way everyone in the stadium is going to stay quiet while the match is going on so I don’t see any other way to do it when there’s already a minutes applause before the game.

2 minutes ago, tannerall said:

Only tarrieresque behaviour I can see is in your comments on this thread. :megaanguish:

1 minute ago, Siwel said:

There’s no way everyone in the stadium is going to stay quiet while the match is going on so I don’t see any other way to do it when there’s already a minutes applause before the game.

Not hard to stay silent and pay respect in the proper way though. 

7 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

It's tarrieresque, fucking applauding someone passing away :megaanguish:

I think it is ( tarrieresque) if it's before the game when , quite rightly , there should be a minutes silence . But during a game I don't see a problem with a minute's applause . As T says , it's more fitting to someone who was encouraging everyone to have a good time . 

38 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Minutes applause is so wrong on so many levels man. 

Agreed and during the game. Why not give the guy the respect of a minutes silence before kick off. Surely the board believe he deserves this having volunteered for years. 

42 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

It's tarrieresque, fucking applauding someone passing away :megaanguish:

Why? It's showing appreciation for what someone was and did. Broxi was what got my grand daughter interested in The Rangers. Bet there are loads of people can say the same.

3 minutes ago, bordersbear said:

Why? It's showing appreciation for what someone was and did. Broxi was what got my grand daughter interested in The Rangers. Bet there are loads of people can say the same.

the reason we do an applause is because tarrier scum cant sit quiet during one because they are vermin 

if not for them wed respect the dead in a propee fashion but we cant do that cause they fenian bastards will embarass themselves and we cant have them showing themselves up

17 minutes ago, With Heart and Hand said:

the reason we do an applause is because tarrier scum cant sit quiet during one because they are vermin 

if not for them wed respect the dead in a propee fashion but we cant do that cause they fenian bastards will embarass themselves and we cant have them showing themselves up

Minutes silence,minutes applause,both a mark of respect in my mind. Can only speak for myself but I have never disrespected either. And as for them cunts I wouldn't lower myself to consider what they do. Dirty Fenian Scum!

3 minutes ago, GeeSS said:

An applause is not the proper way and not the Rangers way the proper respectful way is a minutes silence  !

Explain to me how we’re going to organise a minutes silence while the game is ongoing, should we get the players to stop playing and be silent too?

Just now, GeeSS said:

How far out of touch with the fans is our so called SLO   Bring back Jim Hannah a man who knew the fans and our clubs values and traditions 

I get it now, you’re using this as a stick to beat the SLO with, but you claim a minutes applause is disrespectful?

2 minutes ago, Siwel said:

Explain to me how we’re going to organise a minutes silence while the game is ongoing, should we get the players to stop playing and be silent too?

It’s very simple the right and proper way to show respect is head bowed in silence  the minutes silence prior to kick off for both is all that is required 

Just now, GeeSS said:

It’s very simple the right and proper way to show respect is head bowed in silence  the minutes silence prior to kick off for both is all that is required 

Ray Wilkins deserves a stand alone minutes silence imo. Absolutely fuck all wrong with a minutes applause during the 45th minute of the match as that was the young age the man died at.

1 minute ago, Siwel said:

Ray Wilkins deserves a stand alone minutes silence imo. Absolutely fuck all wrong with a minutes applause during the 45th minute of the match as that was the young age the man died at.

Well said, all this "It is not our way" piss is getting on my tits at times.