***Official Rangers v Taigs Thread***

G.E.C.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Noticed the difference in our players attitude after the 2nd goal yesterday. They started pressing the ball high up the park and forced errors. Now I know it’s Dundee but if we have the fitness levels to put the pressure on them with 3 in the middle then we have a good chance.

5 hours ago, ben51 said:

Wes

Tav Alves McCrorie John

Candeias Dorrans Docherty Goss Murphy

Morelos

Give Goss a second chance, because he can control the tempo of games. Plus he'd be better with two around him instead of one.

Alves and Martin can't play together. It just can't happen.

The midfield doesn't have anyone remotely defensive in it which worries me.

I fully expect us to go 4-2-3-1 again.  I'd like to see Dorrans in that CAM role and ask him to mark Scott Brown.  Scott Brown was man marked by Zenit and it certainly had an effect on celtic.  McCrorie and Docherty in front of the defense working like fuck and hope for the best.  

FFS this mob are pish . Naivety at player and manager level cost us pumping them at ibrox .

Sort out silly mistakes and press high . Boyata ajer and Hendry are poor . Snuff out Lego boy and thumb and we'll win by 2 easy 

14 minutes ago, Gaffbear said:

FFS this mob are pish . Naivety at player and manager level cost us pumping them at ibrox .

Sort out silly mistakes and press high . Boyata ajer and Hendry are poor . Snuff out Lego boy and thumb and we'll win by 2 easy 

Push them back and press constantly. Don't give them any space or time to settle.

Mistakes will then come from the back giving us a shot to beat them. 

We can't repeat ibrox were we sat back after scoring and let them dictate play. 

We will play for penalties just like Walter did in 2008 which is wrong. Play to our strengths rather than concentrate on theirs. When we attack we are dangerous. We have goals in Morelos, Windass, Cummings, Murphy, Candeias, and even Dorrans and Tav. We proved that a few weeks ago when playing them before deciding to sit back. We need to learn from that. It's a gamble which means we need massive games from Alves, McCrorie and Fods but I would rather win 4-3 than play for penalties. They are definitely beatable.

30 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

We will play for penalties just like Walter did in 2008 which is wrong. Play to our strengths rather than concentrate on theirs. When we attack we are dangerous. We have goals in Morelos, Windass, Cummings, Murphy, Candeias, and even Dorrans and Tav. We proved that a few weeks ago when playing them before deciding to sit back. We need to learn from that. It's a gamble which means we need massive games from Alves, McCrorie and Fods but I would rather win 4-3 than play for penalties. They are definitely beatable.

So 120+ mins of bigotry, rather than 90?

I'm in

29 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

the problem is murty  never learns and jimmy nic doesn't seem to help either :duh:

If we marked Lego out the game we would rocket our chances of winning this game. Cunt or not he is their captain, heartbeat, he dictates their play from keeper forward, their energy and tempo etc.

I'd go for attrition and tell a player to not move more than 5 yards from his side, no matter what. Have no involvement in the game other than to ruin his influence. Holt or Docherty would be ideal.

Murty won't do it obviously, but imo if we wanted one tactic to influence a game that would be it.

1 hour ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

If we marked Lego out the game we would rocket our chances of winning this game. Cunt or not he is their captain, heartbeat, he dictates their play from keeper forward, their energy and tempo etc.

I'd go for attrition and tell a player to not move more than 5 yards from his side, no matter what. Have no involvement in the game other than to ruin his influence. Holt or Docherty would be ideal.

Murty won't do it obviously, but imo if we wanted one tactic to influence a game that would be it.

Or tell someone to go out and break his fucking leg, seriously your'e right if we can shut that bastard down it would improve our chances

10 hours ago, Don54 said:

Or tell someone to go out and break his fucking leg, seriously your'e right if we can shut that bastard down it would improve our chances

How many times this season has a player made a bad tackle on Brown, got himself sent off, and Brown's just picked himself back up again?  Andrew Davies for Ross County, Cedric Kipre for Motherwell, Sam Cosgrove for Aberdeen, etc.  I don't think getting yourself sent off trying to hurt Scott Brown is a way to beat celtic.  I guarantee you that man marking Scott Brown for 90mins the way Zenit did would be far more effective.

17 minutes ago, Goosetav said:

I'm expecting pumped but I've got ridiculous battle fever for this for some reason :lol: fucking intae them

Yep.

Fuck knows why I continue to open these threads on the Monday :megaanguish:

I think Shrek will have the freedom of Hampdump to do us on Sunday 

A better manager would learn from the last 2 OF games ,which we should have won .Sadly our novice will probably cost us one of the most important OF for decades .Hope I'm wrong 

Anyone know who ref is for this one ?

31 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

I think Shrek will have the freedom of Hampdump to do us on Sunday 

A better manager would learn from the last 2 OF games ,which we should have won .Sadly our novice will probably cost us one of the most important OF for decades .Hope I'm wrong 

Anyone know who ref is for this one ?

Bobby Madden 

We`ve got to win one of these at some point ffs :lol:

I fear he`ll start the same team as he did the other day though. In saying that one aspect which might help is the fact its a cup game and its more a case of not losing than having to win like it was in the previous game if that makes sense, so hopefully Murty focuses more on making us hard to beat this week, I fucking hope so anyway.

1 hour ago, TMB said:

How many times this season has a player made a bad tackle on Brown, got himself sent off, and Brown's just picked himself back up again?  Andrew Davies for Ross County, Cedric Kipre for Motherwell, Sam Cosgrove for Aberdeen, etc.  I don't think getting yourself sent off trying to hurt Scott Brown is a way to beat celtic.  I guarantee you that man marking Scott Brown for 90mins the way Zenit did would be far more effective.

Agree marking him out the game is the best approach. We need to start this game with 3 in the midfield

With 1 man for me holt but other's have said halliday giving instructions to press brown and give him no space at all times.

18 hours ago, Gaffbear said:

Dont even need to do that. He is pish when they are under pressure 

Archived