Bates is off

jjbscotty12

32 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

Exactly what do you want Rangers to do?  He clearly hasn't got Rangers at heart and his agent has been at work.  Bates has promise but certainly isn't the finished article.  We can't force him to sign and we shouldn't commit a lot of money on someone who still has an awful lot to prove.  

This should’ve been sorted months ago. I find it quite rich that the blame is put on him for not having Rangers at heart when there’s been nothing done by the club to make him feel like he’s wanted.

• Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, Misteral said:

He's had a few decent performances this season but we really shouldn't be getting upset about this. 

Having watched us struggle to get any kind of CB who can defend over the last 5 years, I think we have every right to question whether this is the right call.

6 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

This should’ve been sorted months ago. I find it quite rich that the blame is put on him for not having Rangers at heart when there’s been nothing done by the club to make him feel like he’s wanted.

Dry your eyes mate fs he’s fucking average at best, better than the shite we have got the now tho I’ll give you that but never a Rangers class cb at present

would he improve into a quality cb? No cunt knows the answer to that but Mark Allen clearly thinks he WONT!

we are Glasgow Rangers not fucking Berwick Rangers players should be willing to walk over broken glass to sign for us

An opportunity for Aidan Wilson on his return from Dumbarton and I expect Martin to be there next season too. That means that we need a minimum of two decent CBs and I really hope that Mark Allen has a couple of deals ready to go.

If we’d been even half switched on, we’d have extended his contract to ensure a fee.

Good luck to Bates, he never let the jersey down which is something that a lot of his more illustrious teammates can’t say.

3 minutes ago, Ibroxholm said:

Murty clearly rates Bates as he consistently played him in front of more experienced, highly paid defenders so I think this can only be a Mark Allen decision.  I don’t know enough about Allen’s previous experience to know if he has any track record in recognising good players and blending them in to a winning team.  However, if he thinks Martin is the way forward rather than Bates, the jury is definitely out on his judgement imo (I’ll excuse him Alves and Cardoso as I’m not sure if he sanctioned their moves).

My guess is that under this DOF / Manager structure they will have consulted........and after whatever discussion with the player / his agent.....then concluded that the player's estimation of his current and immediate future playing value to Rangers was higher than the value Allen / Murty placed on his prospects for next season and beyond then its meeting over and good luck with your new club.   

Most players are only worth what their club is prepared to pay them.   It may be too much ie by their performances they are perceived to be overpaid and over-valued or it can be perceived by a player and his agent to be too little.   From what little we know it seems Bates like so many players before him are persuaded by the attraction of earning more money immediately.   I can understand that.   Whether these sorts of moves work out well in the long run only the players themselves are in the best position to judge.    

Seems clear enough to me that Rangers had limits to which they were prepared to go but the player wanted more and got more by going elsewhere.    Fair enough.    It's done.  Its becoming the season where we need to see what changes to the squad are made in summer and what sort of quality of replacement ends up playing for Rangers.     Bates is the early departer for this upcoming transfer window.   I'd expect quite a few others to follow him out, 

A bit of a surprise this one... he doesn't really seem like the type of defender who would be suited to German football.  He's more of an old school British defender but good luck to him.  Ideally we would've kept him as a backup but not if he was wanting a big pay rise.  Moving forward we need much better than players like Bates.  Hopefully Allen and the new manager have already lined up some quality defenders because to be competitive we need a serious upgrade in defence.

Regardless what you think of his ability we've lost a first team player for zilch, and regardless of whether Hamburg get relegated or not they obviously see potential in him.  McCrorie apart I'd rather have Bates in the side rather than any of the other so called centre halfs we have.  Bates, and his agent, no doubt have a good idea what others at the club are being paid and have probably asked for some kind of parity which would be open to negotiation.  This stinks of a fuck-up which will cost us dearly.

Disappointed with this, yes he’s not the standard we need to be a title winning team, but he’s young and still developing. Would definitely been worth keeping him as a back up to two new cbs who will hopefully be arriving in the summer.

If we’ve let Bates go and keep Martin and Alves will be fuming!

1 minute ago, Colin Traive said:

An opportunity for Aidan Wilson on his return from Dumbarton and I expect Martin to be there next season too. That means that we need a minimum of two decent CBs and I really hope that Mark Allen has a couple of deals ready to go.

If we’d been even half switched on, we’d have extended his contract to ensure a fee.

Good luck to Bates, he never let the jersey down which is something that a lot of his more illustrious teammates can’t say.

Aiden Wilson come to fuck mate we need much, much better than that an Martin has no chance of earning a contract imo 

maybe if murty was offering him a contract but with MA we have the safety net that there won’t be deals for favourits in our team as he has no day to day dealing with the players

2 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

Wilson is struggling big time at  Dumbarton. He is nowhere even close to being ready for the first team  as for extending his deal Bates would have to agree  it is very obvious he didn’t  we can’t just make him extend his contract !!!

2 minutes ago, Grundy said:

Regardless what you think of his ability we've lost a first team player for zilch, and regardless of whether Hamburg get relegated or not they obviously see potential in him.  McCrorie apart I'd rather have Bates in the side rather than any of the other so called centre halfs we have.  Bates, and his agent, no doubt have a good idea what others at the club are being paid and have probably asked for some kind of parity which would be open to negotiation.  This stinks of a fuck-up which will cost us dearly.

Would you have Bates instead of potential better players in the summer?

2 hours ago, Essandoh said:

Behave. Regardless of their recent fortunes, Hamburg are one of the biggest clubs in Germany. The facilities and quality of infrastructure they have over there are at a level that makes Auchenhowie look like a public park.

Bundesliga 2 or not, it’s a step up from the pish standard we’re currently at.

I was being sarcastic ?

Just now, Reformation Bear said:

My guess is that under this DOF / Manager structure they will have consulted........and after whatever discussion with the player / his agent.....then concluded that the player's estimation of his current and immediate future playing value to Rangers was higher than the value Allen / Murty placed on his prospects for next season and beyond then its meeting over and good luck with your new club.   

Most players are only worth what their club is prepared to pay them.   It may be too much ie by their performances they are perceived to be overpaid and over-valued or it can be perceived by a player and his agent to be too little.   From what little we know it seems Bates like so many players before him are persuaded by the attraction of earning more money immediately.   I can understand that.   Whether these sorts of moves work out well in the long run only the players themselves are in the best position to judge.    

Seems clear enough to me that Rangers had limits to which they were prepared to go but the player wanted more and got more by going elsewhere.    Fair enough.    It's done.  Its becoming the season where we need to see what changes to the squad are made in summer and what sort of quality of replacement ends up playing for Rangers.     Bates is the early departer for this upcoming transfer window.   I'd expect quite a few others to follow him out, 

We will see in the summer as you say but good CBs generally don’t come cheap and I’ll be surprised if we have that much money to spend.

20 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

Three months ago he couldn't get into the team.

Archived