Jump to content

Michael O'Neill/Stephen Robinson managership team at Ibrox ?


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Steve Clarke

Steve Davis back as captain, Lafferty scoring for fun in title deciders, Carson in from Motherwell, Hughes in from Hearts and McCauley from relegated West Brom, both (slightly) younger than Davie Weir

Fuckup

As much as it gets laughed at, it probably isn't the worst combination. 

We'd be everything that we currently aren't. Solid defensively, hard to beat and not shitebags. 

Whether they could grind out wins every weekend would be the issue. But both have experience of overachieving in British football.

SkiBunny likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, the old guard said:

Thank fk  mcinnes said no! 

Fuck McInnes. He will be sacked by the Sheep come October at the latest. The daftie made a huge mistake rejecting us. But thanks Derek. Thank fuck you said No. He will be managing Morton in a couple of years. Having said that big Jim Duffy is a far better Manager so maybe not. Sorry Jim for comparing you to that twat. Your job is safe.

the old guard likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites

The only manager in Scotland I would consider is Steve Clarke.  If it's not to be Steve Clarke I'd go for Frank De Boer.  If it was Frank De Boer I wouldn't mind someone with managerial experience here in Scotland as his number two but I'm guessing his brother is his second in command?  

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

Fuck McInnes. He will be sacked by the Sheep come October at the latest. The daftie made a huge mistake rejecting us. But thanks Derek. Thank fuck you said No. He will be managing Morton in a couple of years. Having said that big Jim Duffy is a far better Manager so maybe not. Sorry Jim for comparing you to that twat. Your job is safe.

Don't think Jim Duffy reads the BD mate.

Link to post
Share on other sites

It doesn’t look great but in the context of what Motherwell can hope to achieve, Robinson has done a brillant job there.

His team are hard to play against, battle for every ball and they are physically fit, plus he’s shown he’s got a decent eye for a player too - Carson, Kipre, Hartley, Tait & Main have all done really well for them this season.

They will likely finish with a higher points total than last season and they’ve reached both domestic finals despite losing their two best players in the past year.

He’s not the guy for us at the moment but if he can replicate or better what he’s done this season again next season then he’s one we should probably start keeping an eye on.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, tannerall said:

Steve Davis back as captain, Lafferty scoring for fun in title deciders, Carson in from Motherwell, Hughes in from Hearts and McCauley from relegated West Brom, both (slightly) younger than Davie Weir in his last game, orange away tops and sash bashes in the dressing room before games. what's not to like ?

Steve Davis was a shite captain!

Briton and will2203 like this
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, TheGovanIniesta said:

I’d rather O’Neill than FDB which speaks volumes about the need for someone pragmatic who can over achieve, no more wasted money on projects.

 

Exactly mate....but in all honesty if we’re not gonna splash some cash and get a big name in then I thun’ we should stick with the stability that Murty brings. 

TheGovanIniesta likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, SkiBunny said:

 

Exactly mate....but in all honesty if we’re not gonna splash some cash and get a big name in then I thun’ we should stick with the stability that Murty brings. 

He’s overrated by some and under rated by everyone else, but I wouldn’t keep him even if he won against the taigs tomorrow and at parkhead, not what we need at all, need a nasty bastard who knows when to attack and when to defend

SkiBunny likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TheGovanIniesta said:

He’s overrated by some and under rated by everyone else, but I wouldn’t keep him even if he won against the taigs tomorrow and at parkhead, not what we need at all, need a nasty bastard who knows when to attack and when to defend

 

I get your point 100% but for me this is last chance saloon. We simply can’t get this next appointment wrong. If we don’t have the cash to get a ‘does what it says on the tin’ manager then I think we need to back Murty for another season. 

TheGovanIniesta likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites

Motherwell are awful to watch. Long diagonals, big humps up that park to two big hammer throwers up front- fuck that!!

Think back to the mccoist era with john daley and kevin kyle...not for me. If we are that desperate for success with a big physical team then we should be looking at Warnock.

Warburton was a stubborn so and so but even his biggest critics would accept that at times we played some good stuff and it was pleasing to the eye. Thats the kind of football i want to see, not some medieval pish

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Upcoming Events

    • 11 April 2021 14:00 Until 16:00
      0  
      Rangers v Hibernian
      Ibrox Stadium
      Scottish Premiership

×
×
  • Create New...