Mccrorie and Dorrans

stewaj3

I've said it before this week.

Dorrans should have taken the week off due to tragic family events that would fuck with anyone's mindset!

theres no way he was in the right frame of mind for last weeks game never mind today.

Murty knew of this but still chose to play him? Strange?

I think the injury issues and lack of game time probably hampered them but they were both very poor today.

McCrorie has at least strolled through an Old Firm game in midfield, Dorrans has barely turned up in a game of any importance this season. Hoping that after a solid pre-season, with a good manager, we'll see a bit more from Dorrans next year.

1 hour ago, kanjo said:

Nothing the players done today would have mattered.  Poor coaching and tactics cost us not for the first time.

Not sure I feel comfortable you letting the players off the hook like that.

I think the lack of effort and sloppy play was an absolute disgrace.

Every man on the park in a blue jersey was exceptionally poor today. There is no point in singling out individuals on this occasion.

If McCrorie wasn't sent off we would still have lost. It all came down to team selection and tactics today. In saying that, there is still more to it than that. Money.

13 minutes ago, SkiBunny said:

Not sure I feel comfortable you letting the players off the hook like that.

I think the lack of effort and sloppy play was an absolute disgrace.

By all means I'm not...I don't think, expect and hope no one will... but the common denomontator here is how they applied themselves. You look at what Clarke is doing at Kilmarnock and how effective that team is just now and then you look at how we are.

This is what happens with almost every player , they put in the odd good game and turn into a superstar overnight. The boy might come good with better around him but lay of with the adulation for once till they actually achieve something in the game.

I said before we bought Dorrans he was a fuckin donkey and thats exactly how he turned out , another waste of cash we are stuck with.

1 hour ago, loyalandtrueblue said:

Dorrans should have taken the week off due to tragic family events that would fuck with anyone's mindset!

theres no way he was in the right frame of mind for last weeks game never mind today.

Didn’t hear that he had something happen in his family. One thing I will say he is not a defensive midfielder. 

2 hours ago, Colin Traive said:

McCrorie is a kid played in his weaker position, leave him out of it. And the foul was outside the box too

He’s taking a mans wages, he should take a mans abuse

The foul was outside but from the word go he was rancid

1 hour ago, loyalandtrueblue said:

Plenty of players have dealt with personal tragedies and played games straight away and still put in good performances. 

If he felt up to playing then it's his choice and he was far from the worst today. I actually thought he was one of our better performers today, albeit the best of a bad bunch but at least he was getting stuck into their midfield which is something we've been complaining about for some time now.

Lack of fitness and being played in a position that doesn't bring out the best in him are the issues imo. Not his mindset.

1 hour ago, sassaaaa said:

This is what happens with almost every player , they put in the odd good game and turn into a superstar overnight. The boy might come good with better around him but lay of with the adulation for once till they actually achieve something in the game.

I said before we bought Dorrans he was a fuckin donkey and thats exactly how he turned out , another waste of cash we are stuck with.

I'm gutted to say I agree with you, I thought he would be a really good signing but I've seen nothing in him to make me feel convinced about him. As you say probably another waste of cash we'll be stuck with.

59 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Plenty of players have dealt with personal tragedies and played games straight away and still put in good performances. 

If he felt up to playing then it's his choice and he was far from the worst today. I actually thought he was one of our better performers today, albeit the best of a bad bunch but at least he was getting stuck into their midfield which is something we've been complaining about for some time now.

Lack of fitness and being played in a position that doesn't bring out the best in him are the issues imo. Not his mindset.

Agreed that there are plenty of players have performed well under difficult circumstances but equally there are plenty who probably haven't. Again, yes it was his choice to play at this time but from what I understand he was desperate to play after a lengthy absence and because of the importance of the matches. I admire him for that and I also don't think he was our worst performer today, far from it, but I agree that the fitness, game time and out of position didn't help him or us?

50 minutes ago, loyalandtrueblue said:

I admire him for that and I also don't think he was our worst performer today, far from it, but I agree that the fitness, game time and out of position didn't help him or us?

He seems finished as a player to me, huffing and puffing about the pitch like he's a 36 year old.

Really wanted him to do well for us, and I'm massively in favour of flooding our team with (quality) players who grew up supporting the club, but he's not good enough against the better teams in this league. 

Never understand why we fail to play players in their best positions. McCrories best games in our jersey were at CDM. 

Dorrans best games in our jersey were at CAM. 

McCrorie starts at CB and Dorrans in CDM closer to his own goal ffs. It’s shameful tactics from the outset

5 hours ago, plumbGER said:

Can't argue with that, McCrorie was absolutely roasted by Dembele but wasn't helped by that useless clown Martin beside him and the players in front continually giving the ball away and inviting pressure on.

Dorrans has been a massive disappointment.

I said it when we signed Dorrans - he wasn’t worth getting excited about.

Genuinely was Scotland’s seventh choice centre mid, and very rarely seen him play well down south. 

He’s a Rangers man and I don’t want to slate him but he isn’t good enough. 

Mccrorie is young and can grow.

i actually don’t think there is a player who got pass marks or has the quality we require long term. 

Morelos is pish. He’s another Joe Garner and doesn’t have the mentality to be a top striker.

tavernier looks good going forward against rubbish sides and is terrible at defending. 

Fod is a good shot stopper and won’t criticise him. Not his fault.

Alves is a waste of money. Past his sell by date by a couple of years.

halliday, jack, and holt - Jesus wept. 

It is definitely as bad as it seems. Not all Murtys fault. He shouldn’t be in charge in the first place. Board and DoF needs to be held to account