Which players in the squad would you keep?

hampden86

1 minute ago, McEwan's Lager said:

He’s got decent enough potential.

I thought Halliday and Docherty were worse but to tell you the truth Incouldnt see much of the game cause of the pushy view I had at Hampden.

No real desire to watch it back either.

me neither mate. bad day all round. you're spot on, he has got potential and hopefully he learns from today. I'm just fucked off with it all after today. 

As actual first team players who could be part of a starting 11 to lift the title- 

Tav, Dorrans, Murphy, Morelos, McCrorie and at an absolute push Candeias and John. 

We’re a keeper, 2 CBs, a CDM and striker away from mounting a decent challenge but it starts  with the manager. If it’s some random cunt again then you can forget it. It’s box office name or fuck all this time. 

Players like Foderingham, Windass, Docherty etc need to be on the bench if we’re serious about challenging. 

Halliday, Hodson, Martin, MOH etc should be moved on immediately. 

None get them all to fuck and get some hard defenders, hard tackling midfielders and strikers that can score goals and get stuck in. Players like Roberts, souness, hately, gatuso ect fuck this trying to play tippy tappy football with a bunch of fucking pussies I can't stomach watching that cunt Brown strutting about like he owns us anymore. time to build a team full of hard men build from the back and have a strong spine all the way up to the strikers. But most of all get a fucking manager in that can( manage)

New Keeper

Tav   New CB   New CB   Wallace

Jack Mccrorrie 

New RM  Dorrans  New LM

New CF

Thats being very generous.

Sell or Release:

Morelos, Halliday, Holt, Alves, Bates, Cardoso, Hodson, Wes, Miller, MOH, Forrester, Martin, Herrera, Pena and Dalcio

Retain: Murphy, Docherty, Cummings, Candieas, Windass and John 

Targets:

Carson- keeper at Motherwell for number 1

The rest.......Fuck Knows

McCrorie John Tav doc dorrans Murphy candeias Wallace  and halliday ????

Maybe Cummings holt and morrellos for bench .

I like Alfredo as he fights and hurts when we play bad and lose but his first time shooting must improve . He's better when he's no time to think .

I'd literally only keep McCrorie, Murphy and Cummings even if they never covered themselves in glory yesterday.

Would like to see a bit more of Dorrans under a proper manager before making a rash call on him, Windass if he can stop being a fanny and sort his consistency levels out ... suppose Candaies too when he's good he's good but like Windass he's prone to a shocker.

The rest can pack their bags as far as I'm concerned, especially golden boys Tav, Fod, Morelos and Docherty - beyond pish in my eyes.

15 hours ago, hampden86 said:

There is definitely players with ability there, who has the winning mentality to be a title winner?

Trying to be positive, Ross Mc, Candieas, Tav, a fully fit Dorrans, Doherty.

Feeling sick, need a pint of positivity

How can anyone say Tav mate . Really ? His record is pitiful in big games . Like Wes . They would both be my first 2 replaced

And going on yesterdays performance . It would be hard to make any reason for keeping any of them in truth

Thought Dorrans was particularly brutal

I hate them all, really don't care if any of them decide to leave. None of them have the mentality to play for Rangers and barely any of them have the ability.

Would try and retain McCrorie, awful yesterday but he'll come good, and maybe Candeias and Murphy.

The rest can do what the fuck they please. There's simply no case for any of them to be a Rangers player.

I think Halliday's reaction and the reported bust-up in the tunnel all sound like grounds for instant dismissal for gross misconduct.  This would get 3 of them off the books immediately and allow us to bring in 3 youngsters, ready for next season.  Europe feels like a forlorn hope, especially with this squad, so dropping a few points at this time of the year isn't as bad as it sounds - sometimes you have to go sideways or backwards to go forwards.

8 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

For all the transfers in january, we haven't improved - and with Wilson and Bates going, we have replaced them with even worse. We haven't improved at all since Pedro left in fact.

Murty has a slightly better points average but it's only by a whisker - Murty on 1.94 and Pedro on 1.88.  And that's after the January spending. Maybe Warburton wasn't so bad after all.

5 minutes ago, Charlie Peace said:

Murty has a slightly better points average but it's only by a whisker - Murty on 1.94 and Pedro on 1.88.  And that's after the January spending. Maybe Warburton wasn't so bad after all.

much of a muchness. that's the issue, we keep replacing players/managers with similar - or less in the defence's case - ability.

8 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

much of a muchness. that's the issue, we keep replacing players/managers with similar - or less in the defence's case - ability.

The players we've got should all be able to do some kind of job - they're not utter dross and should be capable of a solid 2nd place (for now) and good cup runs - if hey're all pulling together. 

But, one after another, the managers seem to lose the dressing room and the performances go to pot. 

No idea why.