Foderingham

gkb10127

He has had some good instinctve saves this season but get beat far to often from distance and his command of the box when coming for high balls is poor. At best he is a number two, at Spfl level I rank him about 4th in the league with Gordon and the Aberdeen and Motherwell keepers ahead of him. 

20 minutes ago, gkb10127 said:

I know there's quite a few here who think he can do no wrong but I've been saying for 2 years now I want him the fuck out of my club.

His positioning is among the worst I've ever seen in a goalkeeper and it lets him down constantly especially against long range shots.

And this isn't just an over reaction or because of one incident but it's an opinion I've formed over the last few seasons. He's let too many in this season that he should have been saving. And who can forget the 3 or 4 goals he was responsible for in the April double header last season against them?

Enough is enough. 

Can't disagree with this.

One of our major problems. Look at the position for the first 2 goals. He's moving in the wrong direction before trying to adjust.

He's like a lot of the sqaud not good enough. Long range efforts against him are almost guaranteed goals. He also can't control his box. 

It says something that gilks has still had the best performance vs them.  

9 minutes ago, mrwin said:

Least of our problems in my opinion!!

It's not though!!

Vital saves not only stop goals but can change the entire momentum of the match and therefore result. Look at the save Gordon made from morelos in the second half. I can't remember if it was before or after the penalty but if it's before then if that had went in then it would change the entire outlook of the game. A good solid goalkeeper...not even a world class one...would have saved that first goal. A save there might even have given us the kick up the backside we needed (not that we should have required it in the first place).

The point is that a goalkeeper can win/lose you matches pretty much by themselves.I'm not suggesting we can afford anyone even close to the quality of de gea but he probably saves man u 15-20 points a season and that's the difference between second place and seventh place. So that just shows you the difference even a small increase in level of a goalkeeper can make.

Foderingham has one of the worst positional senses I have ever seen in a goalkeeper and it constantly puts him in a disadvantage even before the opposition player takes a shot. This is true especially for long range shots as he can't save them to save his life!! Countless times he has let in goals this season that he should have been saving. And who can forget the 3-4 goals he was responsible for in the double header against them in April last season? This isn't due to a single incident I have been saying this for 2 years. It's not simply an over reaction from today's loss.

I'm just rambling on now but my point is that a goalkeeper is one of the most important positions in a team and we need a much better one than wes fucking foderingham

He is on a par with the rest of the team. You can go through that whole team in a similar manner, in every position. Not one position will match up to decent Rangers teams of the past...........not even close. I don't blame him for today. Have to say that the chipped penalty was an absolute case of salt rubbed in the wounds. I don't remember a Rangers keeper losing one like that in an Old Firm?  A severe case of taking the absolute piss!  Does happen at even the top level mind.

28 minutes ago, gkb10127 said:

I know there's quite a few here who think he can do no wrong but I've been saying for 2 years now I want him the fuck out of my club.

His positioning is among the worst I've ever seen in a goalkeeper and it lets him down constantly especially against long range shots.

And this isn't just an over reaction or because of one incident but it's an opinion I've formed over the last few seasons. He's let too many in this season that he should have been saving. And who can forget the 3 or 4 goals he was responsible for in the April double header last season against them?

Enough is enough. 

You're bang on. The time has come not to take prisoners. Nice lad, but he's fucking rank and fuck knows whar the defenders in front of him think. I'm being unkind, but fuck it. Enough is enough.

He is however not alone and the whole fucking squad can go as not one would be missed. Not a title winner among them.

TBH, I can't blame the players, they are what they are, but the blame squarely rests on the shoulders of this board. We have simply been lied to and conned. We are where we are as a direct result of their under investment to mount a serious challenge, knowing we will accept shite and so it will remain. Just more disappointment on the way. That's if you even have a shred of expectation left.

Has no presence whatsoever and his kicking is getting steadily worse. 

Another thing as well is when he's facing a penalty I have no confidence in him saving it.Goram and Macgregor in particular when facing penalties in old firm games I often thought were favourites to save it and the taker knew it as well. With Foderingham they're as well going straight to the kick off. 

Unfortunately yet another lower league mentality player who needs replaced. Some rebuilding job the new manager has in store this summer. 

41 minutes ago, gkb10127 said:

It's not though!!

Vital saves not only stop goals but can change the entire momentum of the match and therefore result. Look at the save Gordon made from morelos in the second half. I can't remember if it was before or after the penalty but if it's before then if that had went in then it would change the entire outlook of the game. A good solid goalkeeper...not even a world class one...would have saved that first goal. A save there might even have given us the kick up the backside we needed (not that we should have required it in the first place).

The point is that a goalkeeper can win/lose you matches pretty much by themselves.I'm not suggesting we can afford anyone even close to the quality of de gea but he probably saves man u 15-20 points a season and that's the difference between second place and seventh place. So that just shows you the difference even a small increase in level of a goalkeeper can make.

Foderingham has one of the worst positional senses I have ever seen in a goalkeeper and it constantly puts him in a disadvantage even before the opposition player takes a shot. This is true especially for long range shots as he can't save them to save his life!! Countless times he has let in goals this season that he should have been saving. And who can forget the 3-4 goals he was responsible for in the double header against them in April last season? This isn't due to a single incident I have been saying this for 2 years. It's not simply an over reaction from today's loss.

I'm just rambling on now but my point is that a goalkeeper is one of the most important positions in a team and we need a much better one than wes fucking foderingham

I wasn’t disagreeing with you in any way other than there are much bigger problems at the club than him!???