Rumours at this stage

2 minutes ago, Bearsden bear said:

The majority of our suppoort know that the board is the root cause of our current woes.

However, King or Robertson never picked the team today - that was squarely down to Murty.

We have lost games to the likes of Hamilton, St Johnstone etc despite having huge financial advantage over them and a record nr of defeats at Ibrox this season. 

Murty accepted the job and must accept responsibility for his failings in team selection and strategic  planning and/or decisions that have cost us games.

Im not having it that just because he stepped up he is immune from any criticism.

He in no way should be immune to criticism. When he was simply caretaker after Pedro he had a bit of leeway. When he took the role full time he accepted he would judged to the standards of a manager.

He has failed miserably, overseen our worst season at home in decades and lost control of his dressing room. Any sympathy I had for murty went out the door with that post match interview today. He should be painting the walls with the players blood not worrying about conflict and raw emotions.

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, crazy bob swollenbaws said:

So i would agree with that IF we had been playing with a team structure /formations that we had confidence were correct for the league and opposition and a manager that we were 90% sure was making good subs etc. Do we have that? No.

So to bring in 7 players just risks a repeat of what has happened to date. Fix the manager role first ffs.

What I’m saying is our new manager will have a far bigger job than what Brenda had. The tranny shagger still has most of that squad he inherited. We need 7 quality signings as the reality is we are nowhere near they cunts!

2 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

He in no way should be immune to criticism. When he was simply caretaker after Pedro he had a bit of leeway. When he took the role full time he accepted he would judged to the standards of a manager.

He has failed miserably, overseen our worst season at home in decades and lost control of his dressing room. Any sympathy I had for murty went out the door with that post match interview today. He should be painting the walls with the players blood not worrying about conflict and raw emotions.

Spot on mate. 

Murty going will happen, be it today or the end of the season, but that'll be 2 managers now that the players have just gave up playing for. That in itself worries me, if the players don't like who the board appoint then we're right back where we started. And they clearly have never heard of professional pride in any way shape or form.

I said that when Pedro got the boot, if the players don't like the new man we're fucked. They have far too much power right now. 

Just now, B1872 said:

What I’m saying is our new manager will have a far bigger job than what Brenda had. The tranny shagger still has most of that squad he inherited. We need 7 quality signings as the reality is we are nowhere near they cunts!

For me the next manager has to install a spine within the team. We need 4 players to form that. 

We need a quailty GK, CB, CM & CF. 

15 minutes ago, Hutton2008 said:

She was right though. He is sadly our best player and a big game one at that.

she was cheerleading for her husband and be honest most of us wanted him to start.

The sooner Kenny Miller retires the better.  Guy's absolutely gash. 

8 minutes ago, Sid2103 said:

Murty going will happen, be it today or the end of the season, but that'll be 2 managers now that the players have just gave up playing for. That in itself worries me, if the players don't like who the board appoint then we're right back where we started. And they clearly have never heard of professional pride in any way shape or form.

I said that when Pedro got the boot, if the players don't like the new man we're fucked. They have far too much power right now. 

6 minutes ago, TMB said:

The sooner Kenny Miller retires the better.  Guy's absolutely gash. 

And the man with too much power kenny miller. I agree with TMB sooner he's gone the better. It's him and his buddies we need to get out the door before they screw over another manager. There not good enough and they know it.

21 minutes ago, Bearsden bear said:

The majority of our suppoort know that the board is the root cause of our current woes.

However, King or Robertson never picked the team today - that was squarely down to Murty.

We have lost games to the likes of Hamilton, St Johnstone etc despite having huge financial advantage over them and a record nr of defeats at Ibrox this season. 

Murty accepted the job and must accept responsibility for his failings in team selection and strategic  planning and/or decisions that have cost us games.

Im not having it that just because he stepped up he is immune from any criticism.

You have a point there but I think the way some posters are going he's the source of this shit-storm.

He never been qualified for the position and that limits his culpability for me.  

2 hours ago, Bearsden bear said:

Im blaming Murty for today.

He picked the wrong team and the wrong approach.

He shouldn't have subbed Halliday when he did either - for me it was humiliating for Halliday (and im not a fan of his)- unprofessional making AH the scapegoat when it was Murtys fuck up.

Zero passion from the sidelines.Have heard it said that a team is a reflection of its Leader - we saw that today.

The guy is fuckin useless and should never have started 

10 minutes ago, Skyson1872 said:

You're aff your nut if you think he is staying

Yes because this board has a track record of making quick decisions 

Not a chance he's going before the end of the fucking season 

1 hour ago, Smell the hotdog said:

Not as bad as this, I’ve never seen two players disrespect a Rangers manager like that in my life.

We will finish 4th with Murty, a change is needed. Was needed long time ago btw just another in a long line of fuck ups by the board.

The Candeias one was weird. He was poor and an obvious choice to be hooked but think he genuinely will regret acting like that.Think he was trying to impress the fans too much.

Halliday caused a scene for the sake of it. If you're a fan as big as Halliday you'd understand the manager trying to improve the team when you're 2 down.

1 hour ago, Bearsden bear said:

Of course Murty is not immne to criticism, but ffs are you deluded enough to think that with him starting with one or two different options would have made the slightest difference to the result?

Murty didn't apooint himself. The board new he was a rookie, but needs must when you're a desperado. He should NEVER have been appointed.

We remain laiden with absolute dross, but at least Murty didn't have a magic hat. Dross is dross, wether you play wth Accoes or Rangers. We just fucking pay more in wages for it.  The end result is always the same. You win fuck al and we will continue to win fuck all whilst this board are in charge no matter who the fucking manager is, far less a rookie. Just wtf did you expect?

But heh, the board are playing blinder. No fucking wonder they get away with murder with that mind set.

Whether the rumour is true or not he's out the door now or in a few weeks.

Which brings the discussion onto the next manager because before anything else eg formations, strategic outlook, new signings etc this is the most vital appointment arguably in the history of our club. We have to get this right. We have to get the very best available candidate out there. Who is it? Well it comes back to the board to find significant investment. The more, or less, that's made available will dictate what calibre of person comes in. I genuinely believe that there are good, in fact one or two very good players in our squad (of course there's just as many that have to go). A very good manager will galvanise these players and add shrewdely to the squad. We can come back from this but the Board have to raise their ambition

I've already made up my mind to renew next season, in fact i'll always have a ST till my dying day but if another 'patsy' comes in then i wont attend. Yes, many of you will say King won't give a fuck but it's what i'll do if the next guy is modest/obscure. 

Enough is enough.

2 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

When does our season re start if we make Europe ? 6-7 weeks max i'd assume. No time for fucking about looking for a manager in that case. 

If we get europa league football the 1st game would be about 6 and a half weeks after the hibs game yeah

4 minutes ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

Whether the rumour is true or not he's out the door now or in a few weeks.

Which brings the discussion onto the next manager because before anything else eg formations, strategic outlook, new signings etc this is the most vital appointment arguably in the history of our club. We have to get this right. We have to get the very best available candidate out there. Who is it? Well it comes back to the board to find significant investment. The more, or less, that's made available will dictate what calibre of person comes in. I genuinely believe that there are good, in fact one or two very good players in our squad (of course there's just as many that have to go). A very good manager will galvanise these players and add shrewdely to the squad. We can come back from this but the Board have to raise their ambition

I've already made up my mind to renew next season, in fact i'll always have a ST till my dying day but if another 'patsy' comes in then i wont attend. Yes, many of you will say King won't give a fuck but it's what i'll do if the next guy is modest/obscure. 

Enough is enough.

The problem is (as if there was only one problem) that the last three appointments have been “the most vital” too.

The fans’ patience has gone - and the pattern of appointing duds is now turning the spotlight on the board as opposed to the manager more than ever.

Murty is a hospital porter asked to scrub up and perform neurosurgery who, unsurprisingly, fails dismally. The people who took away his trolley and put a scalpel in his hand have more questions to answer than him.

Archived