Rumours at this stage

1 minute ago, cp9 said:

Can’t hold anything against Murty. He was put in a position which he was massively under qualified for and has unfortunately failed miserably. 

All the best to him but he has to go. 

He didn’t have to take it and when countless numbers of fans can see changes need made before he can he should walk away his self 

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply
44 minutes ago, fanaticCR said:

Few people tweeting he won’t be in charge next week. EST consultancy and 4 lads had a dream.

4 lads had a dream stated that we didn't offer Bates a contract. Murty said in an interview the following day that we did. They will be guessing again. Fucking clowns.

Just now, Drunk and disorderly. said:

4 lads had a dream stated that we didn't offer Bates a contract. Murty said in an interview the following day that we did. They will be guessing again. Fucking clowns.

The Danny Wilson saga suggests there’s liars  in our club

2 minutes ago, ronniemca said:

One thing is for sure .if the board have someone in mind and he is currently jobless then he must be brought in immediately to cast his eye over that fuckin shambles we saw today. I don't give a fuck about second place or Europe even, the whole playing staff needs major surgery as quick as possible.if it means bringing in youths for the remaining games then so be it,I've fuckin had it up to here with the cowards ,imposters and losers masquerading as Rangers players at hampden today.

Don’t think any manager would want to take over just now. Absolutely no guarantee of Europe and another game against the tarriers to come. The new manager will want to start next season so I think it will be Nicholl

Im blaming Murty for today.

He picked the wrong team and the wrong approach.

He shouldn't have subbed Halliday when he did either - for me it was humiliating for Halliday (and im not a fan of his)- unprofessional making AH the scapegoat when it was Murtys fuck up.

Zero passion from the sidelines.Have heard it said that a team is a reflection of its Leader - we saw that today.

2 minutes ago, ChrisMcb said:

He didn’t have to take it and when countless numbers of fans can see changes need made before he can he should walk away his self 

Why would he not take the job? 

13 minutes ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

The board have threw the guy under the bus. 

100% correct mate , and there was plenty of us predicting such an outcome when the Board in their wisdom decided back in December to give him until the end of the season . The latest in a long line of spineless cunts to occupy our Boardroom .

Just now, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

I guess we're fucked then.

I will agree to that!

We're celtic in the 90s but worse, and until either 10 in a row is stopped or they get 10 so it doesn't mean fuck all anymore, we'll continue to be fucked because no manager will get more than a season.

Just now, Drunk and disorderly. said:

What does that have to do with my post?

U said murty said we offered Bates a new deal,  but there was things murty said in the same situation regarding Wilson and he claimed different. Not looking to argue but don’t think murty can be trusted 

I wouldn't be in the least surprised if Murty had decided enough was enough.   It's clear that despite all his Warburton-like pre-match talks about what needs to happen in an upcoming game and of realising what needs to be done unfortunately it has become consistently the case that the sides he puts out are not able, or not willing, or not motivated enough to do a proper job playing in a Rangers strip.  That ultimately comes down to the Manager - especially when the manager sees what needs to happen but is unable to get his players to respond.    

There only a few league games left to go.  There is a very real risk that a form slump could continue and we have a very poor end to the season and no European football next season.  Maybe more to the point the season risks ending on such a low under an weak and ineffective Murty that it risks overhanging into next season despite a change of manager.   If Murty stayed on now and could not do what he has not so far been able to do and that is to properly galvanise the squad into far better results his continuation risks handing over a weak and clueless and leaderless squad to someone new and with less time for that person to sort out the wheat from the chaff.  

It is vital that the remaining games are properly fought and contested and with an utter determination to get 3 points from each game.   After yet another failure today I cannot see Murty himself finding it within him to achieve the right levels of motivation.   He may recognise the need, he may talk about the need, he may say all the right things about needing as strong a finish to the season as possible........but if he felt that at its core he is just not getting the team to deliver as well as it should then the greater service is to step back now.........provided there is someone capable of taking over immediately.   That's the $64m question though.  Who?

The balance right now for King and his board is whether there is enough credibility left in Murty to somehow get through to the end of the season without the remaining games turning into a sort of form slump......can he really motivate the team to perform properly in these last games?   If their judgement is 'no' or if Murty's own judgement is 'no' then stepping aside is the option but only if there is someone credible to step in to plug the gap either permanently or until this shambles of a board is ready to announce a proper replacement.   

After listening to Murty's post match comments I'd say it'd be very hard for him to lift himself to a level where he could properly lead the squad next week never mind set the sort of leadership example that would galvanise them into a strong finish to the rest of the season.   

3 minutes ago, Bearsden bear said:

Im blaming Murty for today.

He picked the wrong team and the wrong approach.

He shouldn't have subbed Halliday when he did either - for me it was humiliating for Halliday (and im not a fan of his)- unprofessional making AH the scapegoat when it was Murtys fuck up.

Zero passion from the sidelines.Have heard it said that a team is a reflection of its Leader - we saw that today.

This.

i said he should have been audible from space earlier today.

A tough manager commands respect, players fear crossing them and ultimately they end up seeing them as a father figure.

Kevin Thomson said there was a time he went to see Walter in his office and Walter asks him how he thinks he’s doing. Thomson replies “‘I think I’m doing alright”. Walters reply wasn’t “keep it the good work” it was “Alright isn’t fucking good enough. This is Rangers”

thats the attitude that will get respect from the players. They’ll listen to your instructions. They give their all on the pitch for you.

instead our players turn to the sidelines and see this

2E46757A-2914-4854-BC0B-D85973380E27.thumb.jpeg.a50d8bf28a08ecf21eef1bc0cf1a1768.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

I will agree to that!

We're celtic in the 90s but worse, and until either 10 in a row is stopped or they get 10 so it doesn't mean fuck all anymore, we'll continue to be fucked because no manager will get more than a season.

I was thinking about that an hour ago. I think were a actually worse than they were in the 90s. We never went 10 undefeated to them did We??? Maybe 5 or 6 at the most.

Archived