Rumours at this stage

1 minute ago, ChrisMcb said:

U said murty said we offered Bates a new deal,  but there was things murty said in the same situation regarding Wilson and he claimed different. Not looking to argue but don’t think murty can be trusted 

I find it hard to believe that we didn't offer Bates a contract. Probably a pish contract mind you, but I'm almost certain we would've offered something.

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Bearsden bear said:

Im blaming Murty for today.

He picked the wrong team and the wrong approach.

He shouldn't have subbed Halliday when he did either - for me it was humiliating for Halliday (and im not a fan of his)- unprofessional making AH the scapegoat when it was Murtys fuck up.

Zero passion from the sidelines.Have heard it said that a team is a reflection of its Leader - we saw that today.

You're omitting Halliday was replaced with the biggest wimp at the club. We needed steel and we got soggy saps. WTF did he expect Windass to do? Get stuck in and cruise past broon?! We were under the cosh. Fucking joke.

TBH, it should not take passion from the sidelines to be motivated to play the scum and Brenda nor Clarke are not the most passionate at the sidelines. If we're talking Robinson or the lemmon, then that's a different story.

7 minutes ago, Bearsden bear said:

He shouldn't have subbed Halliday when he did either - for me it was humiliating for Halliday (and im not a fan of his)- unprofessional making AH the scapegoat when it was Murtys fuck up.

Zero passion from the sidelines.Have heard it said that a team is a reflection of its Leader - we saw that today.

well said mate. I couldn't agree more. 

4 minutes ago, Bearsden bear said:

I agree with this to an extent, although getting goal before half time would have brought us back into the game so I can see why he chose to throw Windass on for the last 5 minutes of the first half.

It's easy for us to say as supporters, but for me Halliday should have been subbed 20-25 minutes earlier when it was clear celtic were targeting McCrorie and we were dealing with wave after wave. Alves on for Halliday and McCrorie pushed up into CDM might have helped us get into the game.

1 minute ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

I agree with this to an extent, although getting goal before half time would have brought us back into the game so I can see why he chose to throw Windass on for the last 5 minutes of the first half.

It's easy for us to say as supporters, but for me Halliday should have been subbed 20-25 minutes earlier when it was clear celtic were targeting McCrorie and we were dealing with wave after wave. Alves on for Halliday and McCrorie pushed up into CDM might have helped us get into the game.

This is what he should have played at the start of the game. I’d said before I’d prefer Alves and Martin with McCrorie as DM over McCrorie and Martin with Halliday as DM.

Just now, FSM said:

I find it hard to believe that we didn't offer Bates a contract. Probably a pish contract mind you, but I'm almost certain we would've offered something.

We probably did.  Must have been a terrible offer if, as a Rangers fan supposedly, he would rather sign for a team destined for the German 2nd tier than the team he supports 

11 minutes ago, Bearsden bear said:

100% agree mate

2 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

This is what he should have played at the start of the game. I’d said before I’d prefer Alves and Martin with McCrorie as DM over McCrorie and Martin with Halliday as DM.

A good manager would’ve seen that Mcrorie was getting targeted and adapted to that situation. Also should’ve been screaming his fucking lungs out at those lazy imposter bastards that were wearing that blue shirt today! 

12 minutes ago, Bearsden bear said:

Murty deserves the blame no question. 

But the players on that pitch don't deserve to escape criticism either. 

Where is the leadership on the pitch. If the players think murty has got it wrong why aren't they doing something about on the pitch. 

4 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

We have played by far our best stuff this season with mccrorie in front of the back 4. We dominated celtic for long periods at the piggery with that. Yet murty does not make the like and setout that way today. The guy is a kids coach. End of.

Murty stood up when asked unfortunately the job has proved to big for him. I put no blame on him it was those who put him in the position that should take the blame for this. I would love to see Walter take it to the end of the season but unfortunately this will not be the case. I would leave Jimmy Nichol in place . We will end up 4th at best with these types of performances. 

no other choice,   there MAY be a severe backlash against him if hes there next week. Supposedly was few having a go at him before the goal last week. Doesnt help himself with his bizarre mumblings and stuttering about learning from mistakes , borrowed from Warburtons cliche book. Never understood why he was hired tbh given his taig obsession , weird comments about there atmosphere , having them for his testimonial etc. 

11 minutes ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

I was thinking about that an hour ago. I think were a actually worse than they were in the 90s. We never went 10 undefeated to them did We??? Maybe 5 or 6 at the most.

Put it this way. Within 3 years of McCann saving them they won the title in 3/4  years. 

They also ran us close in that time (they only lost one game all season one year) and usually always gave us a game. 

We are rudderless and there's no plan for us to work to. We're a busted flush. 

4 minutes ago, Tearjerker said:

Get bomber and Ferguson in till the end of the season. Boot the players up the arse and show them what it means to wear the jersey. 

is that not what Jimmy Nic was brought in to do ? which Ferguson out curiosity ???

41 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

Did Murty have to take the job?

Has he been successful?

Do the players,support him?

Are his substitutions well thought through?

Does he have a raft of tactical knowledge?

Is he learning from mistakes?

Once again did Murty have to take the job?

No one is saying it’s all his fault. There is fault in the boardroom and in the dressing room too but anybody who thinks murty isn’t to blame for some of this is a dobber.

Fair points well made but the fact stands he should never have had to be there to make those choices or not.

Board, who will replace them? (the usual excuse)

Manager, who will replace him? (the usual excuse)

At our club just now no fucker as we are toxic. Unless some major investment or a new board come in we are fucked.

Unfortunately it looks like we are fucked right now.

He lost the dressing room in full view of everyone to see today

He holds no respect from the players which means he has to go asap

If only the players who have failed him could be treated the same way 

Archived