Miller and Wallace Suspended

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Murty's position is really untenable at this point.

This entire situation is avoided by a stronger manager. Any issues dealt with behind closed doors.

The fact he gone to the board rather than deal with the situation himself shows a man with no managerial or leadership ability.

I can't see anything but more disastrous results under him. How can this board expect him to unite a squad when they are clearly against him siding with Miller and Wallace.

The board backing their ceo and manager after this shows their managerial and leadership qualities. We have a bunch of friggin eejits at the helm.

7 minutes ago, ShanksRFC said:

Kenny Miller only cares about Kenny Miller, always been the same.

Correct.Nothing new we have had managers like that.

Offer him a years contract on a grand a week and he would be on the phone to TLB.

Probably utter dog shite but thought id share the latest rumour

Players and staff have been unhappy with Murtys prep and its been brewing for weeks leading up to the Semi-final. Jimmy Nicholl supposedly went at Murty at HT over the tactics, performance and the Halliday substitution. At FT, Miller echoed what Nicholl had said and Wallace backed Miller up. Miller is definitely off.

Surprised if this is true as Nicholl hasnt even been mentioned and hes at the training ground with Murty in the pics today.

1 minute ago, Gandalf the Blue said:

Players and staff have been unhappy with Murtys prep and its been brewing for weeks leading up to the Semi-final. Jimmy Nicholl supposedly went at Murty at HT over the tactics, performance and the Halliday substitution. At FT, Miller echoed what Nicholl had said and Wallace backed Miller up. Miller is definitely off.

Surprised if this is true as Nicholl hasnt even been mentioned and hes at the training ground with Murty in the pics today.

Can you say where this came from mate ? it sounds believable but if true how has KM & LW been the only ones suspended ?

2 hours ago, Gandalf the Blue said:

Jimmy doesn't look a happy chappy at training though. 

23 hours ago, Ivybank said:

Believe me or not, it was handbags in the dressing room,players shouting at each other,tactics questioned,murty walked out

players thought that was the end of it, murty went to the board like a dick,players couldn't believe it.(this from a player,)

as I said believe me or not

If this is true then we're going to get hammered on Sunday.

Lafferty and naismith scoring each :megaanguish:

On ‎19‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 19:26, Ivybank said:

Believe me or not, it was handbags in the dressing room,players shouting at each other,tactics questioned,murty walked out

players thought that was the end of it, murty went to the board like a dick,players couldn't believe it.(this from a player,)

as I said believe me or not

I have been hearing this as well. Will be interesting what the "investigation" comes up with. 

Neil Lennon failed in a bid to land Kenny Miller last summer but the Hibs manager would not be drawn on whether he would try again.

The veteran striker is currently suspended by Rangers as he nears the end of his Ibrox contract.

"Kenny is a winner," said Lennon. "His career has been fantastic.

"He is nearly as old as me. A good player though. We tried to get him at the start of the season. I like him a lot but it's just speculation."

Miller, who started his career with Hibs, played alongside Lennon at celtic during season 2006-07.

This week, the former Scotland international was suspended, along with captain Lee Wallace, as the Ibrox club investigate a dressing room row with manager Graeme Murty.

"He has an opinion and I respected him as a team-mate," said Lennon.

"I liked playing with him and he is mentally a very strong character. I don't know if he has crossed the line or not. There is an investigation going on and I'm not privy to that. Maybe it's been blown out of proportion.

"He is 38 and still very very fit and that is testament to being a very good professional and not one that chucks in the towel."

_100947752_milllen.thumb.jpg.78b2c7c324c245ff4d3490fd4e1cab48.jpg

Kenny Miller is a mercenary.  I always knew he'd end up back at Hibs with his mate Lennon.  Some have tried to make a case for him to be introduced to the Ibrox Hall of Fame but I think we can now safely say that's never going to happen.  

If we believe what is being said and its a mountain out of a molehill it shows one thing - Murty doesn't have the mental fortitude to be Rangers manager. 

I said it in another thread, the manager needs to be respected before he is liked, without respect he has nothing.

14 minutes ago, TMB said:

Kenny Miller is a mercenary.  I always knew he'd end up back at Hibs with his mate Lennon.  Some have tried to make a case for him to be introduced to the Ibrox Hall of Fame but I think we can now safely say that's never going to happen.  

You've just posted an article saying he chose not to go to Hibs

2 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I bet Miller can’t wait to get to Easter Road to link up with Lennon and Whittaker - he’ll be the most at home ever and the crushing thing is he’ll do well for them 

Miller will do well for them while Cummings struggles like fuck with us.  Couldn't make it up but it's got to be poor coaching and management.  We can't get the most out of our players.

On ‎20‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 15:42, Gandalf the Blue said:

Just heard a version of events which I take to be accurate. Didn't mention Nicholl at all. A meeting was requested by the players and Murty and Allen were in attendance. Both players felt the level of commitment at training and in games was well below satisfactory level. Murty felt like they'd gone above his head by involving MA and there's a general perception in the squad that he wanted to play the big man and take them down a peg. KM's already been told to look for a new club. LW is awaiting "deliberation" from the club but feels pretty betrayed by us over the whole thing. Who can blame him? 

There was a bit more to it but, all things considered, the version I heard plainly made Murty sound like an arsehole. 

45 minutes ago, rangersross said:

Just heard a version of events which I take to be accurate. Didn't mention Nicholl at all. A meeting was requested by the players and Murty and Allen were in attendance. Both players felt the level of commitment at training and in games was well below satisfactory level. Murty felt like they'd gone above his head by involving MA and there's a  

Im pretty sure the commitment and effort at training is down to the players. 

Archived