Kris Boyd getting ripped into King

K.A.I

He's basically saying it as it is from a supporter's point of view and who could argue with any of it. Crunch time is coming for the board with its hiring of a new manager and the arming of funds for him. If they get it wrong this time around its cheerio and if they leave us in a perilous state they'll be hunted down. 

Come on Rangers WATP.

5 minutes ago, sondicklg said:

He's basically saying it as it is from a supporter's point of view and who could argue with any of it. Crunch time is coming for the board with its hiring of a new manager and the arming of funds for him. If they get it wrong this time around its cheerio and if they leave us in a perilous state they'll be hunted down. 

Come on Rangers WATP.

sadly no one hunted whyte down 

That s a hard hitting piece there from Boyd. He is right with that one, and he is saying what a lot of us on here are saying about the situation. 

we are being mismanaged, and we are getting to the stage where something must change. Boyd will know the inner workings of the club better than most of us will, and if he is saying alarm bells should be ringing them he is right. (I've been critical of Boyd in the past but can't argue him here). £250 wage increase is ridiculous for Bates considering the vast amounts we have wasted on players who can't get into the team, and players who have left on loan. 

1 minute ago, Negri's lovechild said:

That s a hard hitting piece there from Boyd. He is right with that one, and he is saying what a lot of us on here are saying about the situation. 

we are being mismanaged, and we are getting to the stage where something must change. Boyd will know the inner workings of the club better than most of us will, and if he is saying alarm bells should be ringing them he is right. (I've been critical of Boyd in the past but can't argue him here). £250 wage increase is ridiculous for Bates considering the vast amounts we have wasted on players who can't get into the team, and players who have left on loan. 

That was another good point he made that regardless of what you thought about the abilities of Bates and Wilson (he's basically saying they weren't the best) there's something to be said about the way their contract talks were handled by Mark Allen ... I believe Wilson was offered the same or reduced terms and Bates £250 a week rise, £250 a week on top of the first development salary he'd have been on since his move from Raith is a slap to the face and I don't care what anyone says and I'm not a Bates fan by any stretch. 

3 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

That was another good point he made that regardless of what you thought about the abilities of Bates and Wilson (he's basically saying they weren't the best) there's something to be said about the way their contract talks were handled by Mark Allen ... I believe Wilson was offered the same or reduced terms and Bates £250 a week rise, £250 a week on top of the first development salary he'd have been on since his move from Raith is a slap to the face and I don't care what anyone says and I'm not a Bates fan by any stretch. 

Exactly. The guy was in and around the first team, and playing more regularly than a Portugal international. His ability isn't the greatest but by the game time he was getting, he deserved more than that. Wilson as well. 

Agendas are funny things. There is probably an end game that we haven't seen fully played out yet.

7 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Mark Allen may not be as good as we all once thought.

1 minute ago, Negri's lovechild said:

Exactly. The guy was in and around the first team, and playing more regularly than a Portugal international. His ability isn't the greatest but by the game time he was getting, he deserved more than that. Wilson as well. 

Agendas are funny things. There is probably an end game that we haven't seen fully played out yet.

Yeah I see it like an trainee skilled apprentice getting £50 a week for a year or two while in development then when he's established he's doing big jobs, a lot of extra responsibility and then only getting offered £300 a week for example - in relative terms, like what a cleaner or some kid flipping burgers at McDonald's would get as a weekly wage. It's not right or close to being good enough.

1 minute ago, cushynumber said:

I don't disagree with what boyd is saying. What I completely disagree with is a pro for another club current playing against us commenting on our players. That is not right. Ex player or not.

That's the only bit that s always sits uneasily with me. I don't like that at all.