Tuesday, and time for clear thoughts

I could have posted this on Sunday evening or yesterday but neither I or I suspect anyone else on here was in a mental state to read or digest it. 

However its 48hrs on from that car crash on Sunday (especially that 1st half!!!) - so where do we go from here? 

The way I see it is that the current Board have one last chance to demonstrate they can take the club back to where it belongs. The single most important decision is the next managerial appt. whoever this person is will illustrate clearly what finance and ambition these incumbents have. If it’s an obscure, left of field, out of a job manager then at that very point they should get to fuck out our club! 

However, if they ‘reach for the stars’ and appoint someone of a certain stature and calibre then it’s game on (but can you see that? That’s another debate for now) 

i say that the next managerial appt is critical because once again I’m left reflecting on where the rhats were exactly 2 years ago. In that semi we schooled them in that first half with Keirnan, Halliday and Holt all playing!! Fuck, we were lamenting that Forrester was out injured in the lead up up the game! 

This was a sellick side made up of Gordon, Lustig, Tierney, Boyata, Lego, Rogic, McGregor, Roberts and Thumb - all of whom were involved on Sunday. Add the rebirth of nae neck Forrest and the difference is crystal clear. 

They bagged that Norwegian numb nut and aimed high. The rest is written out in the last 10 games. 

A high quality high, salary manager can actually pay himself back on transfer values and European money. Aim lower and you’re pissing money down a drain eg Pedro 

So over to you King. I saw the despair amongst the most loyal of bears at half time on Sunday. And let me assure you sir, you are in last chance saloon!!!! 

I'm still gutted 

Mark Allen was the guy appointed to do all the football stuff .

He seems devoid of blame , this shambles is on his watch and this is his job .

He is the man that needs to push the playing side of this club forward .

Just now, Land Rover said:

I'm still gutted 

Guy should never have been appointed and is another ridiculous waste of supporters cash. Any decent manager will want him gone before he signs up.

3 minutes ago, Land Rover said:

I'm still gutted 

he didn't pick Murty, Wallace or Miller.

3 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

Nigel Pearson would sort that bunch of pussies out and knock fuck out of any of them that gave him grief.

Seems we've already got players who want to knock fuck out of each other, we need a manager to channel that aggression towards our opponents. 

We need from them before the end of this week the new manager in place and a guaranteed budget that will get the level of player we deserve  

We need from them before the start of the new season any sign that they have the wherewithal to negotiate a shirt deal befitting the size of our club. 

We need from them a sponsorship deal worth a good bit more than fucking Aberdeen. 

We need for them to replace Robertson with a proper CEO that has ran a club if our size  

Honestly the list goes on and on  

4 minutes ago, Land Rover said:

I'm still gutted 

Mark Allen can only do what finance are put in front of him. This is the Board’s responsibility, them and no-one else. 

5 minutes ago, Land Rover said:

I'm still gutted 

I would agree but does he do when the board ignore his picks for manager and put Murty in charge. 

4 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

We need from them before the end of this week the new manager in place and a guaranteed budget that will get the level of player we deserve  

We need from them before the start of the new season any sign that they have the wherewithal to negotiate a shirt deal befitting the size of our club. 

We need from them a sponsorship deal worth a good bit more than fucking Aberdeen. 

We need for them to replace Robertson with a proper CEO that has ran a club if our size  

wont happen

wont happen

wont happen

wont happen

yes it does

Spot on! Go use that ST money and go get us a good manager. It worked wonders for them with basically the same squad as you say. I'd much rather we spent 2/3 million on a manager than wasting it on 3 or 4 duds. For example, could you imagine what Walter would have go out of someone like Bruno Alves (I'm not suggesting Walter btw).

Despite looking a million miles away on Sunday we still can mathematically win the league with 5 games left which for how bad we've been is just bizarre. Though it could be argued celtic took their foot off the gas months ago.

The players performed and acted ridiculously on Sunday, but for me the standards start with the manager and we've not had a manager who has the standards we  have needed or need just now: discipline, hard work, character & dedication.

2 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

I would agree but does he do when the board ignore his picks for manager and put Murty in charge. 

Yeah , I would agree with that .

I was hoping that Murty was here till the end of the season because they had a guy lined up who didn't want to leave his club mid season , but that's not the case it seems .

Mark Allen should have been in the know about Murty  losing the dressing room .

At the very least he should have called a clear the air meeting with players and playing staff .

I can only hope he is doing that now .

7 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Yip, no shirt deal in place, no manager in place, going nowhere, sickening 

I think heads MUST roll in that boardroom. They have made bad decision after bad decision and that's 5 managers that we have seen slip away, one way or the other, under their watch - MW, Murty, Pedro,  McInnes and Murty again - in just over a year. They have made mad gambles on unknown Portuguese managers, managed to fuck up a fairly easily viewed transition into McInnes and then completely ruined a young youth managers career.

On the financial side all we have heard is how great the fans are but its been radio silence on investment and/or merchandising contracts. As time goes by they have made clueless decision after clueless decision - or in appointing Murty made no real decision at all.  It is nothing less than incompetence on a grand scale. 

30 minutes ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

I could have posted this on Sunday evening or yesterday but neither I or I suspect anyone else on here was in a mental state to read or digest it. 

However its 48hrs on from that car crash on Sunday (especially that 1st half!!!) - so where do we go from here? 

The way I see it is that the current Board have one last chance to demonstrate they can take the club back to where it belongs. The single most important decision is the next managerial appt. whoever this person is will illustrate clearly what finance and ambition these incumbents have. If it’s an obscure, left of field, out of a job manager then at that very point they should get to fuck out our club! 

However, if they ‘reach for the stars’ and appoint someone of a certain stature and calibre then it’s game on (but can you see that? That’s another debate for now) 

i say that the next managerial appt is critical because once again I’m left reflecting on where the rhats were exactly 2 years ago. In that semi we schooled them in that first half with Keirnan, Halliday and Holt all playing!! Fuck, we were lamenting that Forrester was out injured in the lead up up the game! 

This was a sellick side made up of Gordon, Lustig, Tierney, Boyata, Lego, Rogic, McGregor, Roberts and Thumb - all of whom were involved on Sunday. Add the rebirth of nae neck Forrest and the difference is crystal clear. 

They bagged that Norwegian numb nut and aimed high. The rest is written out in the last 10 games. 

A high quality high, salary manager can actually pay himself back on transfer values and European money. Aim lower and you’re pissing money down a drain eg Pedro 

So over to you King. I saw the despair amongst the most loyal of bears at half time on Sunday. And let me assure you sir, you are in last chance saloon!!!! 

They've had enough chances as far as I'm concerned. As long as we have clowns running the show we'll continue to be a circus

6 minutes ago, Land Rover said:

Yeah , I would agree with that .

I was hoping that Murty was here till the end of the season because they had a guy lined up who didn't want to leave his club mid season , but that's not the case it seems .

Mark Allen should have been in the know about Murty  losing the dressing room .

At the very least he should have called a clear the air meeting with players and playing staff .

I can only hope he is doing that now .

Agreed mate, he’s the DoF if things are getting that bad in the first team squad between management and players it’s his job to get both sides in a room and get it sorted. 

By the length of time it’s taking to get a manager in I don’t think he’s getting the job of picking him this time either.