Murty not relieved. Board contempt or not

Mr Murty's tactical ineptitude  was sadly clearly evident on Sunday for all to see. 

For me this farce brought things to a head and showed we must relieve our manager of his duties if we are to make sure of second place and the desperately required finance that European football provides.

Is the board's refusal to a act and remove him another act of complete contempt for the loyal Rangers support or possibly a further display of what some consider to be incompetence from the Rangers board?

2 minutes ago, southcoastbear said:

Mr Murty's tactical ineptitude  was sadly clearly evident on Sunday for all to see. 

For me this farce brought things to a head and showed we must relieve our manager of his duties if we are to make sure of second place and the desperately required finance that European football provides.

Is the board's refusal to a act and remove him another act of complete contempt for the loyal Rangers support or possibly a further display of what some consider to be incompetence from the Rangers board?

It certainly was, but LBH we are simply not good enough to put them to the sword. They are miles ahead technically and mentally.

Then to make it worse, there is the lack of fight in our players. You don't need a manager to be up for battering those cunrs. So, we simply have substandard players with the mentality to match.

As for Murty, simply makeshift to serve the board's purpose and will be gone at the end of the season, if he doesn't decide to fuck off himself.

Nothing new in the board treating us with contempt, as it started on day one of their tenure and I don't know why anyone would expect anything else.

On the plus side, protestaions are gathering momentum and it will be a first for them to face, having such an easy ride thus far. So it's getting near shit or get off the pot time.

Lastly, getting humped by the scum, appointing Murty and two players suspended is not where it's at. Being it's all in the boardroom and take the eye off that ball at your peril, as history has now taught us with these Rangers men.

24 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

We have to keep our fingers crossed that Murty can get something out the squad until the end of the season, I can’t see the board   getting rid and admitting they made a vast error in appointing him in the first place

they don't need to admit it.it's there for all to see :anger:

He has now lost all credibility with the team, he insulted Halliday with the timing of his substitution and that of Candieas. Then Miller and Wallace have a pop at him in the dressing room. By running to the board, he has alienated himself from the squad, resulting in the possibility of us finishing 4th or 5th.

40 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

We have to keep our fingers crossed that Murty can get something out the squad until the end of the season, I can’t see the board   getting rid and admitting they made a vast error in appointing him in the first place

I think King's statement made that clear.  I suspect there's either no cash for a pay-off and replacement, or there's no one available at the moment.

52 minutes ago, Smile said:

should have been out on his arse Monday morning.

and who would take over? believe me i want him replaced asap but sacking him just to make a statement would get us nowhere and make the squad feel even more unstable than it already does

same with this Miller and Wallace situation, im no huge fan of either but they arent resposible for our results recently, Murty is but hes just another buffer to save the board from the blame they rightly deserve, they are masters at deflecting blame and creating stories to detract from their problems

13 minutes ago, bornabear said:

He has now lost all credibility with the team, he insulted Halliday with the timing of his substitution and that of Candieas. Then Miller and Wallace have a pop at him in the dressing room. By running to the board, he has alienated himself from the squad, resulting in the possibility of us finishing 4th or 5th.

I’d go along with all that, apart from the part about Candeias.

Any manager in the world would have brought a CB on to replace RM at his red card.

It was simply a matter of who the sacrificed forward/midfielder would be.

In that respect, DC was just as fair game to be hooked as anybody.

Murty should not have been sacked. 

The guy should have had the dignity to resign with a short statement saying he knows he's not upto the job and left. 

Unfortunately, and I'm almost certain that this buffoon will still be manager next season.  The fact the board appear to have backed him over players showing displeasure in his management further emphasises this

1 hour ago, Johnstone Burgh said:

There’s no point removing him with 5 games to go. He will stay til the season finishes to save face more than anything. 

Agree. It would look as if they were exonerating Mhiller and Wallace if they let him go too. I'm delighted to see the back of Mhiller, he's done and thinks he has a right to be at our club.

Apparently that's not a popular view on the forum but that's what I think

Murty has to be removed.  We can't go to Parkhead with Murty in charge, put out the same team (which it will be), and get pumped again.  How is that a good situation for anyone?  The board need to step in and put an end to this.