Reflection

stewaj3

7 minutes ago, stewaj3 said:

So having tried to calm down and failing I wanted to summarize my thoughts on where we are

The game

Absolute shambles and I have nothing good to say about anyone involved, however it's made me evaluate everyone.

The Board

Nowhere near good enough. Poor handling of almost every situation since they've come in. Even llambias blasting them as he left comes back and makes me think he had a point, even if they were no better.

Don't have the funds to take us forward

Structure all over the place. Youths not bringing real quality into the team. Scouting brings in Scottish journeyman.

Blazers everywhere. Nobody really doing anything of note

The Warburton sacking was a shambles. Deserved to go, but they could have handled it better

Pedros appointment was horrendous. No track record, not up to it

The progres game should have lead to change.

The director of football chase was like sticking your finger in the air and hope you get the right man .

Didn't handle Pedro losing the squad at all. Miller Wallace incidents were embarrassing.

Pedro eventually getting sacked, should have had a replacement lined up, took too long sacking him

McInnes chase not good enough.

Appointing a youth coach who isn't up to it. Never has been, never will be.

Approached McInnes then failed, then extending murty til the end of the season.

No replacement lined up for murty.

Let players leave the club who actually had decent seasons in Wilson and bates

Which brings me on to murty

Can't pick the right team

Poor tactics, if you can call them that

Too nice to be a manager

Doesn't know how to change a game

Recalled players in halliday and o'halloran who aren't good enough

Too loyal to his favourites, Morelos and windass have needed dropped for about the last  6-7 games.

Lost the dressing room

Interviews are pathetic

poor use of his own signings

2 players punished who weren't even on the pitch last week, there's several more who is suspend after that shambles.

Now the team

Nowhere near good enough, thought there was some positive signs but I wouldn't be sad if they all left.

Morelos we should have driven him to the airport.

Windass and Tav highest bidders in the summer.

Miller and Wallace, thanks for the good memories and see you later. Both have had spells I've enjoyed and spells where they've offered little. I'm not even going to go through the rest

Spineless the lot of them. They don't deserve our backing. 

I have no idea where we go from here.

I think that is a superb post mate . Very surprised you haven't had more likes for that

5 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

I think that is a superb post mate . Very surprised you haven't had more likes for that

I'm so bitter. This is season has had the 2 worst performances I've ever seen from us, in the progres game and this.

I don't even know if I will watch or listen to us this weekend as I'm so done with the '1st team', board and manager... If you can actually call any of them that.

1 minute ago, stewaj3 said:

I'm so bitter. This is season has had the 2 worst performances I've ever seen from us, in the progres game and this.

I don't even know if I will watch or listen to us this weekend as I'm so done with the '1st team', board and manager... If you can actually call any of them that.

Can’t say I blame you, or anybody else who’s likeminded, at this point.

2 minutes ago, stewaj3 said:

You are forgetting about the 1-5 mate and the 5-1 . They are up there with the most disgraceful performances I have ever seen from a Rangers side

There are 2 or 3 that have played in them all .

Get them all to fuck as they are the losers that are stinking the place out

3 minutes ago, HG5 said:

Can’t say I blame you, or anybody else who’s likeminded, at this point.

Would normally always try and keep up with it, but i don't think I can, total kudos to anyone who keep going, but I can't wait for the season to end.

11 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

You are forgetting about the 1-5 mate and the 5-1 . They are up there with the most disgraceful performances I have ever seen from a Rangers side

There are 2 or 3 that have played in them all .

Get them all to fuck as they are the losers that are stinking the place out

Those games were awful. Maybe times a good healer here and tell me if I'm wrong... They had a great season that year, we had just been promoted. Thats not an excuse for those games, but We've had 3 transfer windows since then, brought in a lot of players/managers/staff in that time and don't look any better.

So for those reasons I'm going to say these games are worse.

4 minutes ago, stewaj3 said:

Those games were awful. Maybe times a good healer here and tell me if I'm wrong... They had a great season that year, we had just been promoted. Thats not an excuse for those games, but We've had 3 transfer windows since then, brought in a lot of players/managers/staff in that time and don't look any better.

So for those reasons I'm going to say these games are worse.

Splitting hairs mate so your not wrong . Good points in fact .

Just tends to feel like a whole lot of disgraceful results and performances . I don't feel any differ to be honest

2 hours ago, stewaj3 said:

So having tried to calm down and failing I wanted to summarize my thoughts on where we are

The game

Absolute shambles and I have nothing good to say about anyone involved, however it's made me evaluate everyone.

The Board

Nowhere near good enough. Poor handling of almost every situation since they've come in. Even llambias blasting them as he left comes back and makes me think he had a point, even if they were no better.

Structure all over the place. Youths not bringing real quality into the team. Scouting brings in Scottish journeyman.

The Warburton sacking was a shambles. Deserved to go, but they could have handled it better

The director of football chase was like sticking your finger in the air and hope you get the right man .

Didn't handle Pedro losing the squad at all. Miller Wallace incidents were embarrassing.

Pedro eventually getting sacked, should have had a replacement lined up, took too long sacking him

Too nice to be a manager

Too loyal to his favourites, Morelos and windass have needed dropped for about the last  6-7 games.

Lost the dressing room

Interviews are pathetic

2 players punished who weren't even on the pitch last week, there's several more who is suspend after that shambles.

Now the team

Nowhere near good enough, thought there was some positive signs but I wouldn't be sad if they all left.

Miller and Wallace, thanks for the good memories and see you later. Both have had spells I've enjoyed and spells where they've offered little. I'm not even going to go through the rest

:tu::tu::tu:

12 hours ago, stewaj3 said:

The game

The Board

Too nice to be a manager

Lost the dressing room

Interviews are pathetic

Now the team

Great post mate you are spot on.

14 hours ago, stewaj3 said:

The game

The Board

Too nice to be a manager

Lost the dressing room

Interviews are pathetic

Now the team

I don't disagree with most of that but Morelos is a young player who needs to be handled better.  He is only 21.   Our tactics don't help him.  We do have some players who would still be good squad men but for me we should be building from the back.  Our defence positively haemorrhages goals.   Believe me, I understand your hurt but a better manager would make more out of much of our squad.  We can't just keep ripping it up and starting again.   Off the field the problem is an inept board.  Actually two inept boards.

The Club board consists of Robertson, Dickson and Blair.  If Robertson and Dickson are solely responsible for what has happened off-field then they need removed.  If they are simply an expensive conduit from the parent board then both should still be removed and replaced with cheaper yes men. 

On the parent board we have King, Johnston, Murray, Blair, Scott, both Parks and Bennett.  Of that group I would get rid of Murray and Johnston immediately.  King I don't trust an inch.  Blair is a "yes man" accountant.  I am led to believe that Graeme Park is a big-headed idiot.  Douglas Park may be too old now.  Bennett I believe to be a reasonable person.  No idea about Scott.  What is obvious is that serious change is required.  There should be as much shouting in the boardroom as there was in the dressing room.

58 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

I don't disagree with most of that but Morelos is a young player who needs to be handled better.  He is only 21.   Our tactics don't help him.  We do have some players who would still be good squad men but for me we should be building from the back.  Our defence positively haemorrhages goals.   Believe me, I understand your hurt but a better manager would make more out of much of our squad.  We can't just keep ripping it up and starting again.   Off the field the problem is an inept board.  Actually two inept boards.

The Club board consists of Robertson, Dickson and Blair.  If Robertson and Dickson are solely responsible for what has happened off-field then they need removed.  If they are simply an expensive conduit from the parent board then both should still be removed and replaced with cheaper yes men. 

On the parent board we have King, Johnston, Murray, Blair, Scott, both Parks and Bennett.  Of that group I would get rid of Murray and Johnston immediately.  King I don't trust an inch.  Blair is a "yes man" accountant.  I am led to believe that Graeme Park is a big-headed idiot.  Douglas Park may be too old now.  Bennett I believe to be a reasonable person.  No idea about Scott.  What is obvious is that serious change is required.  There should be as much shouting in the boardroom as there was in the dressing room.

I don't disagree with most of what you say. I think the last thing we need is to rip it up and start again, at the same time I wouldn't be sad if any of the players left.

You say a better manager would get more out of the team, I don't doubt it. Like when Walter Smith came back, he got more out of those players than plg.

He did however want his own men in and I think that will be the way for any new manager. The problem is that the board don't have the cash to bring the calibre of player in that we need.

If they were running us well and selling players when there stock was high and gradually improving us, I'd perhaps be more patient. We are not improving though and I've seen amateur clubs run better than us. They have no plan and are not up to running this club.

It's a shambles from top to bottom for me. I don't see any other way to improve it without mass change in all areas/levels