49 years

bordersbear

14 hours ago, Bronzy said:

You clearly don't watch much Scottish football

the other teams have always been shite. We have one of the biggest budgets and history but instead get the fucking Ringling brothers running us.

All we need is a big top erected over the stadium FFS.

26 minutes ago, billscott said:

disagree mate  i am 75 yrs young  would say i have been a supporter around 66 yrs  and i have never felt as low  AS I DO AT THE MOment

the most worrying thing for me is i cannot see a way out of the mess we are in

I'm 26 mate and i've heard that the 80's were worse 

8 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

the other teams have always been shite. We have one of the biggest budgets and history but instead get the fucking Ringling brothers running us.

All we need is a big top erected over the stadium FFS.

Be more exciting than the current "entertainment" on display tbf.

16 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

The 80’s were worse mate 

You think? This has been by far the worst decade in the history of Rangers Football Club and theres still 18 months of it left.

In the 80s we had some right good players and still managed to win a couple of League Cups and a Scottish Cup we also had a team capable of competing regularly with that mob in competitons even if we weren't getting close to a League Title.

1 minute ago, NixonRFC said:

You think? This has been by far the worst decade in the history of Rangers Football Club and theres still 18 months of it left.

In the 80s we had some right good players and still managed to win a couple of League Cups and a Scottish Cup we also had a team capable of competing regularly with that mob in competitons even if we weren't getting close to a League Title.

I don't think that at all mate. 

I was repeating what i've heard said before 

3 hours ago, billscott said:

disagree mate  i am 75 yrs young  would say i have been a supporter around 66 yrs  and i have never felt as low  AS I DO AT THE MOment

the most worrying thing for me is i cannot see a way out of the mess we are in

I have an acquaintance who works for hmrc and I can hardly look at him now let alone talk to him because they have given the great unwashed such a financial lead over us that it could be years before we get back at them. 

3 hours ago, minstral said:

Some people say the 80s were worse, i would argue against that. First of all we won a Scottish Cup and league cup 6 times, no way this shower of cowards could do this.

Anybody says the 80's were worse than this is either deluded or they weren't there Bud:tu:

3 hours ago, Thermopylae said:

I have an acquaintance who works for hmrc and I can hardly look at him now let alone talk to him because they have given the great unwashed such a financial lead over us that it could be years before we get back at them. 

Let my guess 

He was a rhodent scum bag ?

75% are in that fucking charade of an organisation working under the pretence of fairness 

Agree with a lot of the OP comments and I’m approaching 50 years in October since my first time at Ibrox. Two points I feel need to be made:

Firstly, the 80s were horrendous and we were getting shelled as much by Aberdeen and Dundee Hibs as we were by celtic. A big signing was Cammy Fraser or Colin McAdam, perhaps Robert Prytz for a bit of European glamour:whistle:. But the story offstage was nothing like today and the gulf that exists now was only a nightmare then, unlike the stark reality it is currently. Ironically, the attendances have stood up better in the recent car-crash years than they did when we were just pish as opposed to both chaotic and pish.

However, never doubt that we will be back. A global fan base of millions and a core at home who have been to hell and back supporting (and defending) our great club continue to turn out in numbers which I believe no other club in the world could better given similar circumstances.

It might take a while and it might mean more change and more revolution but never doubt this : we ARE the people and, no matter how long it takes, we WILL prevail.

Doubt or uncertainty from us provides fuel and fodder for our enemies. Never give them such encouragement. And when 55 finally arrives, it will be all the sweeter for every obstacle placed in our way.

3 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

I'm 26 mate and i've heard that the 80's were worse 

ok mate we were a poor side then  but remember the league was a lot stronger with the tims aberdeen dundee utd etc   we got out of it in the 80s  wish i could see where we will recover just now

41 minutes ago, billscott said:

ok mate we were a poor side then  but remember the league was a lot stronger with the tims aberdeen dundee utd etc   we got out of it in the 80s  wish i could see where we will recover just now

We still won cups back then.

3 minutes ago, bordersbear said:

No pal it's worse now. Back then we had hope , now its  gone.

I was too young to fully understand the early 80s. But I will always have hope because as grim as it is now, and its fucking grim, I have faith that we are the biggest and best support in the country and ultimately that will carry the club through. 

Players, managers and owners come and go but the fans are the constant and ultimately that’s what will ensure we win 55. 

Stay strong. 

20 hours ago, superallysbears said:

Yes they have taken advantage and we couldn't do a thing about it while we were away, the 100 million or what ever will run out over the next couple of years, and if they can't get in the group stages they won't be making that kind of cash anymore. We won't be in the champions league either even if we won a league. 

So the solution to our woes is to sit and wait it out for the taigs demise?

dont worry they'll be as shite as us soon and the league will be competitive again. 

2 hours ago, orangecountry said:

So the solution to our woes is to sit and wait it out for the taigs demise?

dont worry they'll be as shite as us soon and the league will be competitive again. 

It's no a solution its a fact, us or them won't be in the group stages anymore imo, they've had a few quid while we were down but it will even its self out over a period of time. 

49 years ago, eh? Here's a little more depression from that year. This time next week it will be 49 years to the day that we got humped 4-0 in a scottish cup final against the rhats. One or two guys i spoke to at hampden at half time last Sunday brought this game up and predicted it could be the same score at the end of this game - how right they were!!!