49 years

bordersbear

On 4/18/2018 at 23:34, bordersbear said:

It's just gone 49 years since I first went to watch Rangers. Newcastle away in the fairs cup. Ten years old amid the mayhem. I have been hooked ever since. These last few days however have been the worst I can remember. I suffered through their 9 in a row and rejoiced in ours . There have been many highs and many lows but at the moment for the first time ever I'm in despair for the future. I can't see any light at the end of the tunnel. The way things are going I don't think I'll ever see 55. It's worse than admin now. At least then to begin with everyone pulled together. Infighting , shit players , shit management from top to bottom. What the fuck has happened?

49 years ago - I saw my first match as well - against Raith Rovers - and I feel the same way as you do.....

4 hours ago, Blue Viking said:

49 years ago - I saw my first match as well - against Raith Rovers - and I feel the same way as you do.....

Was that the 10-2 game or was that the year before?

We might have won a few cups in the eighties, mainly league cups,  but our league record was terrible. Quite often finishing 4th or 5th

Also some very poor European results and who could forget Chesterfield. The big and most important difference is the phenomenal support. Far better than in the eighties as long as that is maintained , we will be back at the top. My big fear is so many supporters are becoming disillusioned

23 hours ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

49 years ago, eh? Here's a little more depression from that year. This time next week it will be 49 years to the day that we got humped 4-0 in a scottish cup final against the rhats. One or two guys i spoke to at hampden at half time last Sunday brought this game up and predicted it could be the same score at the end of this game - how right they were!!! 

and Sir Furious Fergie got binned after that game for letting mcneil score in the first minute or so....

8 hours ago, Bluenose1986 said:

Honestly?

Even back then we could beat them and win a cup. 

Now we wilt and die when the game kicks off and we haven't won a major trophy in 7 fucking years. 

The early 80's weren't good but it was a whole lot better than now. 

The early eighties were bad,but this is worse. We gave the tarriers a few doings (remember big beastie scoring two in a 3-0 pumping). Cooper was world class on his day. We have nobody now who can get close to these tramps. John Greig tried to build a young team when the sheep,scum and scumdee utd were strong.