Pena

MrMckee

9 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

for a small period, I thought this guy may have come good once he settled in. Now  I just see him as a hasbeen who has no future in the game. And to think we may have to bring back a player who blew his nose on our uniform.

I doubt he will be back another payoff 

19 hours ago, MrMckee said:

Caught buying a 6 pack of beer in his training kit according to the papers :lol:

Miko and Kuznetsov used to buy a sizeable carry out every week in Uddingston.   People don't like Pena which I can understand but I believe a good manager would get more out of a good player.  Pena certainly has ability but we don't have anyone capable of getting him to channel it correctly.    We may never manage that though as we can't get anyone to get the best out of the other players we have at present.   This rubbish about wiping his nose with our shorts is utter nonsense by people looking for an excuse to hate him.

2 hours ago, JCDBigBear said:

Miko and Kuznetsov used to buy a sizeable carry out every week in Uddingston.   People don't like Pena which I can understand but I believe a good manager would get more out of a good player.  Pena certainly has ability but we don't have anyone capable of getting him to channel it correctly.    We may never manage that though as we can't get anyone to get the best out of the other players we have at present.   This rubbish about wiping his nose with our shorts is utter nonsense by people looking for an excuse to hate him.

Agree with this, I said before that given Pedro couldn't get the best (or anything really) out of him in Scotland I don't understand why people are surprised that the same manager hasn't got the best out of him in Mexico. Still think there's a chance a disciplinarian could get something out of him but it depends what the root of his problems are. 

Attempted translation........................

Everything indicates that the 'adventure' of the Gullit Peña in Cruz Azul will last only 6 months. And, according to the report of journalist Leon Lecanda of ESPN, the club's board of directors has decided to rescind the contract to the midfielder who, a few years ago, was habitual in the calls of the National Team of Mexico.

"Club Cruz Azul will rescind Carlos El Gullit Peña's contract this summer. That is to say: the full year of loan with option to buy is not going to be fulfilled, due to the incidents that the player of the celestial machine has had, the indiscipline outside the field. The last one, one day after having bought beers outside the club, happened at the concentration hotel. The hotel staff notifies the Cruz Azul that Carlos Peña was in a state of intoxication and that, at that moment, he was urinating at the source of this hotel. Afterwards, they raise him to the rooms, a kind of drift is set up. There is obviously evidence in photographs and videos that was deleted. What the Blue Cross says is that the player has relapsed in these negative behaviors and has come to the decision that he will not continue"

Cruz Azul offers Peña a rehabilitation program to solve his alcoholism problem: 

"Cruz Azul is willing to pay for a rehabilitation for El Gullit Peña, so that the player himself can have an outlet to this problem that the club itself and the people close to it have found (...) It is up to Peña himself to decide if he wants to accept it, and also the Rangers (Scotland club), who owns his pass. "