Pena

MrMckee

6 minutes ago, 55andmore said:

Could his entry visa (I think he needs one but not sure) and work permit be cancelled and then, if he can't get back into this country he could be sacked with no compo due? Save us a fortune...better us pissing it up against a wall than him getting to piss it up against a wall and us paying him for the pleasure doing it :/

Nah mate, looks like we're stuck with him. Total joke of joke of a signing. Just waiting for the plethora of posts saying "there's a player in there" now. Ffs.

6 minutes ago, Truth_is_out_there said:

Nah mate, looks like we're stuck with him. Total joke of joke of a signing. Just waiting for the plethora of posts saying "there's a player in there" now. Ffs.

ok, wasn't sure. 

Always a sad case when some people with talent and opportunities to use it get destroyed by their own self destruct button...looking across so many sports and other fields, it is a regular occurrence and we all slate them for it but also see it close to home and know how bad it can be. But hey ho, that's life

12 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Aye, ESPN Deportes fucking hate us and are always running negative stories about us before Old Firm games. 

I just seen it on twitter and it was the sun and record i don’t tend to watch spanish espn and it isnt on cruz azuls official page.

1 hour ago, psb07158 said:

Guys like Pena anger me no end. 

A natural talent just fucking being pissed away because he’s a mad alchy bastard and can’t be fucked playing now that he’s got a few quid in the bank. 

Frustrating because he’s got something natural you just can’t really teach footballers - positioning and timing of runs into the box. Such a dangerous asset for a midfielder to have. 

Fucking wasteman. 

Goes directly against Rangers footballing philosophy if the past

1 hour ago, psb07158 said:

Guys like Pena anger me no end. 

A natural talent just fucking being pissed away because he’s a mad alchy bastard and can’t be fucked playing now that he’s got a few quid in the bank. 

Frustrating because he’s got something natural you just can’t really teach footballers - positioning and timing of runs into the box. Such a dangerous asset for a midfielder to have. 

Fucking wasteman. 

Doesn't want it he reminds me of that avicii cunt professional career on his lap but chooses drink fuck him

2 hours ago, Truth_is_out_there said:

There is, it can't be denied.

The problem is Pena can't be arsed though so he's no good to us no matter how good he could be.

Doesn't a players contract state that he has an obligation to look after himself and keep himself up to match fitness as much as possible. It should. If a player is not training right and hitting the booze he should not expect to be paid. We might not be able to sell him but we could save a lot by fining him until he sorts himself out.

11 minutes ago, To Be A Ranger said:

Doesn't a players contract state that he has an obligation to look after himself and keep himself up to match fitness as much as possible. It should. If a player is not training right and hitting the booze he should not expect to be paid. We might not be able to sell him but we could save a lot by fining him until he sorts himself out.

Aye but alcoholism is viewed as an illness and if (as the Mexicans are reporting) he’s been told to go to rehab we can’t just bin him for it. 

17 minutes ago, BigBearButt said:

Get him into rehab and get him the support he needs. 

I agree. What are our options:

1. Pay off the remainder of his contract. 

2. Sell him (No-one will buy)

3. Pay for rehab and help him. (If this works we get a good player and show the world we actually care about our players).

Three would be my choice, what do we have to lose?

13 minutes ago, JograBear said:

The guy went for some beers, got pissed and had his fun. Rehab ffs....and this coming from Scots where drinking till pissed is part of the culture.

It’s what is being reported by ESPN in Mexico. He’s been offered to go to rehab by Cruz Azul to get treatment. That can make it so much harder for us to sack him for something he done while pished. 

49 minutes ago, BigBearButt said:

Get him into rehab and get him the support he needs. 

I was angry earlier, and that's easy to understand.

But, looking at things differently I think you're right. It is our fault for taking him on, and now we have to deal with it.

4 minutes ago, The Dude said:

It’s what is being reported by ESPN in Mexico. He’s been offered to go to rehab by Cruz Azul to get treatment. That can make it so much harder for us to sack him for something he done while pished. 

What if he goes to rehab and refuses to comply with the guidelines / rules they set , or even refuses to go altogether , would that be grounds to sack him ?  

It's  a difficult one because I suppose ' falling off the wagon ' or refusing to see you have a problem is part of the illness .

55 minutes ago, gmcf said:

What if he goes to rehab and refuses to comply with the guidelines / rules they set , or even refuses to go altogether , would that be grounds to sack him ?  

It's  a difficult one because I suppose ' falling off the wagon ' or refusing to see you have a problem is part of the illness .

Then it becomes different because you’re doing everything you can reasonably do to help. I’ll be honest and say I don’t think we’ll sack him but wouldn’t be surprised if there’s a payoff in the summer if they have indeed ripped his loan up.

12 hours ago, SIRB_72 said:

I hope he gets the help he needs and gets clean and comes back and we can try and get some use out of him. I know he's not everyones cup of tea but there's no point throwing him on the scrap heap for two years when we can try to get some use out of him!

I think he is putting himself on the scrap heap. All we can do is offer to help him with his problem but if he won't comply then it is down to him. I think he will be gone in the summer with some Rangers cash in his back pocket and his career effectively over.

9 hours ago, linfield1690 said:

Doesn't want it he reminds me of that avicii cunt professional career on his lap but chooses drink fuck him

No that is totally different....Pena is the likes of Charlie Miller as someone says. A guy that would bevvy than take training seriously.