Murty speaks

Smile

48 minutes ago, KWBear said:

Thought since he was appointed he came across a bit of a smarmy cunt. Don't care what he has to say now, just want him to fuck off 

Roll up Alex Neil who we can hate from the outset. Happy days 

I’ve thought that aswell, seemed smug for a wee while.

1 hour ago, Smile said:

I can see him being here next season.

Hope so. As assistant manager. He's got s lot of learning to do but this is the experience we treasure so much. He has to learn in front of millions, but surely the experience he is gaining is greatly accelerated. 

I dont really blame Murty for this as he's out his depth but it was his call to take the Rangers job full time - who wouldn't though.

Everything he says just seems the same every interview - its out a coaching manual & has no personal insight or interest.

Any hard questions are given a non answer reply, or a statement of confusion and a insight of lack of understanding.

This club isn't being managed properly and it's quite clear - what embarrassing interview, week, year, years for Rangers.

9 minutes ago, writingranger said:

Hope so. As assistant manager. He's got s lot of learning to do but this is the experience we treasure so much. He has to learn in front of millions, but surely the experience he is gaining is greatly accelerated. 

He has a very similar record to Walter Smith as well.

I feel sorry for him to an extent in that he’s been put in an impossible situation and is out of his depth but he really should have walked after Sunday.  Carrying on in the role isn’t doing himself, the players or the fans any good.  The only people gaining from it is the board.

Gonna go slightly against the grain here and give him a bit of sympathy. We'll keep hearing similar soundbites until we're winning titles again, the nature of pre-match and post-match press conferences is repetitive and it's usually the same questions with the same stock answers. All the important stuff will be said in the dressing room.

He's not beyond criticism, I gave a fair amount out on Sunday, but he's certainly found himself in a position where even an experienced manager would likely struggle as a result of the wider situation at the club. I hope we see a big response on Sunday, though I doubt that we will, we sorely need to be at it from the start. Losing this game and going into another Old Firm game would be disastrous.