Graham Potter

Zander1

Just now, RFC RYAN said:

Manager odds are mad that could be a £30 bet for him to go that price. 

I appreciate that, but still, I can't remember anyone being as short odds with any bookie since McInnes (who was actually approached).  Just set wondered if anyone had heard anything because a Google news search really doesn't link him with us much at all.

4 minutes ago, Mr Soprano said:

These markets are very volatile.

£3 x £20 bets can see odds tumble massively.

4 minutes ago, RFC RYAN said:

Manager odds are mad that could be a £30 bet for him to go that price. 

Lost count of the amount of times I've read this on here and even posted it myself yet some folk still get excited over a wee shift in the odds.

Just now, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Lost count of the amount of times I've read this on here and even posted it myself yet some folk still get excited over a wee shift in the odds.

Do you have any evidence to support that though? For example, GVB who has links to us is 25-1.  I've read several folk on here say they've put money on him, yet he remains a long shot.  I pretty sure it would take more than a 'couple of bets' to take someone like GP, who hadn't been mentioned much, come in to 2-1 favourite. 

And even if it is true, why are people now betting on him when they weren't before?

I'm not saying there's definitely something in it, just that someone's obviously heard something.

6 minutes ago, Zander1 said:

Do you have any evidence to support that though? For example, GVB who has links to us is 25-1.  I've read several folk on here say they've put money on him, yet he remains a long shot.  I pretty sure it would take more than a 'couple of bets' to take someone like GP, who hadn't been mentioned much, come in to 2-1 favourite. 

And even if it is true, why are people now betting on him when they weren't before?

I'm not saying there's definitely something in it, just that someone's obviously heard something.

Just the word of the betting experts I've heard discussing the markets on many occasions on Sky Sports News and the like. Guys that actually work for these betting companies.

People claiming on here they've put money on GVB doesn't mean they have. If he's 25/1 just now then go and test the theory and get yourself and a couple of mates sticking a few quid on him and then watch the odds tumble.

And there's a number of reasons why someone would put money on Potter or any other manager for that matter. Maybe they just felt the original odds were too good to not take a punt on him?

8 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

He’s an interesting option. But with a squad that has now chucked it under 2, arguably 3 managers, not sure his unique approaches would sit well. 

Would be a massive gamble 

Watched them a few times in the Europa league they are very counter attacking rather than controlling games. 

Betting odds always need to be taken with a pinch of salt. Market changes constantly. 

Potter has done a cracking job at Östersunds. On free transfers and loans he's built a sqaud that went from the bottom to the top flight and Europe.

It's a big gamble but if he can replicate that at Ibrox. 

25 minutes ago, MrMeeseeks said:

The work he's done with Östersunds has been nothing short of spectacular, especially with where they were when he took over. The guy is a talent to look out for, not sure it'd be the right fit just yet though.

I wouldn't trust guardiola to turn it around at us, that's how bad it is. A good manager is only part of the problem.

Potters job has been remarkable but he's in a job with zero expectation. It's the total opposite here. I'm by no means against it but it's definitely a gamble.

It's the kind of appointment this board would make too, which I don't mean to be a slight on potter, a manager who is relatively inexperienced, with success, throw them in here and hope it goes well.

Meanwhile our youth system, scouting network and boardroom hierarchy will continue to be all over the shop.

There no obvious stand out option, never before has everyone out there been such a gamble. Which I think potter really would be too.

I don't envisage much transfer budget unless we miraculously move on under performers, and whoever comes in is likely to have to work primarily with the current squad until summer 2019 when a good number more players go out of contract.

With Billy Reid as no2 I'd put Potter top of the list of the left field options, higher than FdB, Rio MPH etc. He seems to be able to get players to outperform collectively their individual abilities. And Reid takes no shit in a dressing room, and knows the Scottish game.

I reckon it's (If we know they'd come) Clarke Neil or Potter. Each a gamble for differing reasons but each with key strengths that will be needed too.

Much better option than Mark Hughes, Pardew, Moyes, McInnes, Neil, FDB and the rest of the desperate times duds

Him, MPH, Warnock or Clarke

Imperative the next manager is held in far higher regard than the duds playing for us unless it’s completely justified 

16 minutes ago, stewaj3 said:

I wouldn't trust guardiola to turn it around at us, that's how bad it is. A good manager is only part of the problem.

Potters job has been remarkable but he's in a job with zero expectation. It's the total opposite here. I'm by no means against it but it's definitely a gamble.

It's the kind of appointment this board would make too, which I don't mean to be a slight on potter, a manager who is relatively inexperienced, with success, throw them in here and hope it goes well.

Meanwhile our youth system, scouting network and boardroom hierarchy will continue to be all over the shop.

It isn’t tho?

When you look at the players he's got in Östersunds squad, then it really is miracles he's performing to get them to the level he has.... would it work with us who knows but at least he has a history of success unlike some managers we've been linked with where winning a couple of games was considered a job well done.

45 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

He’s an interesting option. But with a squad that has now chucked it under 2, arguably 3 managers, not sure his unique approaches would sit well. 

Would be a massive gamble 

Reminds me of ian cathro, something that could work at us given time, however Scottish football doesn't give time