Graham Potter

Zander1

46 minutes ago, TMB said:

This guy sounds like another Ronny Delia.  Had success with a small team from Scandinavia but it's a gamble.  

The problem is that there is no-one who isn’t a gamble perhaps with the exception of Sir Walter.

I keep seeing people described as “a gamble” as if there was another wee list headed up “Sure Fire Winners, Guaranteed To Succeed”?

17 minutes ago, Siwel said:

Aye a few in Scotland have done the same apparently, using the money saved to poach young players from top sides and give them gametime.

I read an article about a club, can’t remember which one, but they were saying it made more sense for them to pick up the players at 16-21 that have not quite made it and fell out the system from the top teams. They’ve the had the best coaching that money can buy. I reckon if you looked at our youth set up over the last 10 years the return hasn’t justified the cost.

Don't know much about the lad apart from his 4th tier to Europa league success with a team in a shite league. Not the man for us, he can make his name else where and come in future, not now, no more mad gambles, get a hard to beat, no bullshit organiser in, i.e. Warnock or Stevie Clarke

7 minutes ago, westenclosure2008 said:

I read an article about a club, can’t remember which one, but they were saying it made more sense for them to pick up the players at 16-21 that have not quite made it and fell out the system from the top teams. They’ve the had the best coaching that money can buy. I reckon if you looked at our youth set up over the last 10 years the return hasn’t justified the cost.

I think Brentford did this.  Given the wealth of young talent getting kicked out of top teams around them they decided to scrap their youth system and focus on picking up from the EPL teams.  I like their approach.

53 minutes ago, Bellshill_Bear said:

I’m under no illusions you could Murty in front of a wee board like that and he would come across the same way, we don’t need a master tactician we need a manager with a bite that commands respect - all the tactic talk sounds fantastic but Warburton and Pedro was full of that too 

22 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I’m under no illusions you could Murty in front of a wee board like that and he would come across the same way, we don’t need a master tactician we need a manager with a bite that commands respect - all the tactic talk sounds fantastic but Warburton and Pedro was full of that too 

Our last 3 managers have talked a great game and always presented well to the media. We need a manager that doesn’t do interviews! I hate the whole thought of us having a shortlist of managers then asking them to do an interview. The level we should be looking at should tell them to stick their interview!

1 minute ago, westenclosure2008 said:

Our last 3 managers have talked a great game and always presented well to the media. We need a manager that doesn’t do interviews! I hate the whole thought of us having a shortlist of managers then asking them to do an interview. The level we should be looking at should tell them to stick their interview!

Exactly - an interview can allow you to get sucked into the fancy tactics talk 

any manager worth their salt would say fuck off to an interview you either want me or you don’t 

4 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Exactly - an interview can allow you to get sucked into the fancy tactics talk 

any manager worth their salt would say fuck off to an interview you either want me or you don’t 

There is the whole urban myth that all the Portuguese guys have the same management plan that came from Jose but only a small number can put it into place successfully . Something tells me our board doesn’t have the balls to approach that manager worth his salt. Scarily we seem to be a club just now that the board want a manager that they can control. What was that Lithuanian cunts name again? Roma something ?

17 hours ago, TheGovanIniesta said:

Much better option than Mark Hughes, Pardew, Moyes, McInnes, Neil, FDB and the rest of the desperate times duds

Him, MPH, Warnock or Clarke

Imperative the next manager is held in far higher regard than the duds playing for us unless it’s completely justified 

Good post, agree with Potter, MPH ,Warnock or Clarke

I am over this fuckin shite 

Fucking hell. Can we no learn a lesson no? 

Who the fuck is graham potter?

Why can’t we see that the time for Graham Potters and Mark Warburtons and Graeme Murtys was 2012 when we went down to the bottom division. We had all the patience in the world then  

now the scum are relentlessly marching to another 9 in a row. Stop fucking about and get in a no nonsense, respected, experienced coach who knows how to win in Scottish or at least British football. 

I don’t care if that is old fashioned and a step back. It’s a step back we need. Progressive management can wait til we bag 55 

1 hour ago, Bakbear said:

Fucking hell. Can we no learn a lesson no? 

Who the fuck is graham potter?

Why can’t we see that the time for Graham Potters and Mark Warburtons and Graeme Murtys was 2012 when we went down to the bottom division. We had all the patience in the world then  

now the scum are relentlessly marching to another 9 in a row. Stop fucking about and get in a no nonsense, respected, experienced coach who knows how to win in Scottish or at least British football. 

I don’t care if that is old fashioned and a step back. It’s a step back we need. Progressive management can wait til we bag 55 

We really didn’t.

2 hours ago, Creampuff said:

We really didn’t.

The majority of supporters that I spoke to felt that when we went to the third division that was the time to bring in youth and develop a whole new ethos while working our way back up the league. 

Of course everyone expected to win every division consecutively but to do so while building for 55. Many messages on here were about how if we built youth and built for the future then we would have guys coming into the top league with 100 plus games under their belt while still being relatively young

The dismay when we brought in past it players looking for a final pay day was widespread. 

To me that reflects a patience that we wouldn’t have in the top league 

right now we should be thinking of what it takes to win the title NOW. Not what we need to build to win the title 3 years from now. The usual demands and impatience are exponentially higher than normal as they approach 9 in a row. 

If we had a stable team and didn't have to remove a lot of dead wood this guy sounds as if he'll be an excellent choice. As others have said too much of a gamble.

We need a proven manager who has done it at a high level already albeit has fallen out of place a bit to allow our club to be able to attract him.  There's a couple of ex international England managers that fit that bill.

1 minute ago, eskbankloyal said:

He isn’t. 

There are two things right now that would utterly shake the foundations of my support. 

One would be if Murty is still manager next season and the other is if the scum win 9 in a row. 

Of all the shit we have been through since 2012, them getting to 9 would make it really hard for me to continue following football. I feel like I would just chuck it altogether. 

As a fan base we have done so much to keep this club alive but at some point it needs to be enjoyable again. It can’t be 10 years of utter purgatory with no light at the end of the tunnel. 

With the players we have a Warnock style would be better imo. Like it or not the majority of our squad are English league one or championship level at best and Warnock has an excellent track record with that level of player.  

Our problem seems to be lately managers trying to force what we have into the wrong system.  Once we start winning consistently we upgrade what we have. 

Potter seems like a Mark Warburton type of appointment, I don't think Rangers atm is the right type of club to offer someone the time it'll take for his methods to come to fruition, we need immediate success and while i know that places immediate pressure on the new man, it is what it is, as much good will as the fans will offer before a ball is kicked, our frustration at them heading toward 10 will not allow anyone time if there's not immediate success attached to it.

38 minutes ago, Bakbear said:

There are two things right now that would utterly shake the foundations of my support. 

One would be if Murty is still manager next season and the other is if the scum win 9 in a row. 

Of all the shit we have been through since 2012, them getting to 9 would make it really hard for me to continue following football. I feel like I would just chuck it altogether. 

As a fan base we have done so much to keep this club alive but at some point it needs to be enjoyable again. It can’t be 10 years of utter purgatory with no light at the end of the tunnel. 

10 in a row is a certainty unless there are radical changes within Ibrox at all levels.