Graham Potter

Zander1

The right guy is the one who delivers results right now. Philosophies, tactics, style of play and 3 year projects are not an option.  Agree with the majority, this guy is unproven under any kind of pressure. 

You could argue that Europa league ties against Arsenal is pressure alright, as is competing with teams like that on a shoestring budget 

Not saying he’s the right guy but he’s being asked to come up against sides we can only dream of playing in Europe, not exactly a walk in the park nor is running a club that small 

Wouldn't surprise me if he does great at his next club while we still call for some Neanderthal like Hughes or Moyes

52 minutes ago, TheGovanIniesta said:

You could argue that Europa league ties against Arsenal is pressure alright, as is competing with teams like that on a shoestring budget 

Not saying he’s the right guy but he’s being asked to come up against sides we can only dream of playing in Europe, not exactly a walk in the park nor is running a club that small 

Wouldn't surprise me if he does great at his next club while we still call for some Neanderthal like Hughes or Moyes

Please don't include me in the word "we".

"Some" is the word you hopefully mean. 

3 hours ago, Gazza1212 said:

The guy is a success at a tiny club where there are absolutely no demands on players or the management team for Results. 

I don't need to point out we are the polar opposite of that. Ive already acknowledged his achievements which again are very commendable however the complete absence of pressure is almost certainly a contributory factor in that success. 

I watched the video on him and his methods a lot of which put me in mind of Delia and look how that worked out. 

Who is the real deal? Well that's for the Directors of our club to come up with the answer to that one but it ain't Graham Potter at this particular point in time. 

Agree to a point however as others have already mentioned the pressure of playing PAOK, Galatassaray and Arsenal are right up there and he passed all with flying colours bar Arsenal at home with a team of loans, free transfers and third rate players!

Now maybe I’m being too logical but we are hardly flush with cash and are up against sellik with a bigger budget(see above Europa teams), surely bringing in someone who can organise and Win while managing under financial constraints and bringing in hidden gems is exactly who we need?!

MPH is my first choice however if I was a director Potter would be on my list of 3.

2 hours ago, callumbo87 said:

Agree to a point however as others have already mentioned the pressure of playing PAOK, Galatassaray and Arsenal are right up there and he passed all with flying colours bar Arsenal at home with a team of loans, free transfers and third rate players!

Now maybe I’m being too logical but we are hardly flush with cash and are up against sellik with a bigger budget(see above Europa teams), surely bringing in someone who can organise and Win while managing under financial constraints and bringing in hidden gems is exactly who we need?!

MPH is my first choice however if I was a director Potter would be on my list of 3.

I'll tell you when this one  would have made perfect sense. When we were down at the very bottom end of Scottish football..... Not now. 

I distinctly remember saying as much to a mate at the time. Not Potter in particular, but rather anyone with proven ability working within financial constraints and good at developing youth players. 

That was the time for this guy or the like. A heaven sent opportunity (yes opportunity) where for once in our clubs modern day history we had time to build a side up year on year. Unfortunately we even managed to royaly fuck that up. Something that still angers me greatly to this day. 

What we need now is somebody who can inspire what little talent we have together with a few well chosen additions and somehow challenge the papes over the course of a season. 

It goes without saying that's going to take somebody a bit special. Somebody who at this particular time on our journey has a track record of proven ability to make an immediate impact on a club. Graham Potter may well go on to establish himself as a great manager, I wish him well. For where we are at this particular moment however he represents far too much of a risk for me.