Candeias Goal

BridgeIsBlue

28 minutes ago, MrMeeseeks said:

Is it just me or has Morelos been poor ever since Cummings arrived? It's as if he's been worried since and lost a bunch of confidence, probably down to the overconfidence of Cummings, who's definitely a big character. Hopefully Cummings will get the nod next week also.

Gives the impression of being in the huff because his transfer move didn't work out.  He was meant to be using his time with us as the basis for a move to England at some point (which is understandable I suppose, if he did really well here), so his apparent enthusiasm for a move to China puzzles me. The financial side would be lucrative, but I'm not sure that a move of that type would  help with his career longer-term. Anyway, it seems pretty clear that he doesn't want to be here, so just ship him out for as much cash as we can get. 

31 minutes ago, MrMeeseeks said:

Is it just me or has Morelos been poor ever since Cummings arrived? It's as if he's been worried since and lost a bunch of confidence, probably down to the overconfidence of Cummings, who's definitely a big character. Hopefully Cummings will get the nod next week also.

If he was looking out for the welfare of the team instead of just himself it shouldn't be an issue. Selfishness in a striker is good up to a point, but when they start thinking it's a one man team they need a solid reality check. 

I’m right behind dug outs.  He ran as if going to Murty, on his way past he either dismissed Murtys embrace or gave him a wee high five straight to Halliday then invited the other players into this embrace. What I will say though is that when he came of as sub Murty and DC interacted like there was no problem. 

See a couple of comments about the Alf and Cummings switch. There was the standard shake of hands without a doubt.  What’s expected? 

We have problems, I’m not sure however any of that stuff is a big deal or add to them whatsoever. 

Just now, Blue_Devil said:

When Candeias was substituted, it looked like he shook hands/embraced Murty....anyone able to confirm? 

There was some contact between them, but he could hardly avoid him when coming off.

I have no doubt his celebration with Halliday was to point out to Murty who he was backing from last Sunday, and it was not Murty. :happy:

The Candeias celebration was about team unity, people looking for it as being disrespectful to Murty are clutching at straws.

He was showing how much he cared and especially to Halliday who’s had a nightmare all week. Candeias showed with his comments about Pedro that he doesn’t play for or against any manager, he plays for Rangers.

1 hour ago, JentleJames said:

The Candeias celebration was about team unity, people looking for it as being disrespectful to Murty are clutching at straws.

He was showing how much he cared and especially to Halliday who’s had a nightmare all week. Candeias showed with his comments about Pedro that he doesn’t play for or against any manager, he plays for Rangers.

I cannot agree with that, if he did not mean it to be a snub to Murty he would have stopped at Murty and invited all the players around them both at the edge of the pitch, not nearly in the dugout with Murty left looking like a boy lost on the touchline.

All in my opinion of course.  :happy:

17 minutes ago, Smile said:

Ran past wee Pface. who put his hand out but swerved him to celebrate with Halliday and the players.

This. I also think it was very obvious it was Halliday he went direct to as if to say I am with you mate, not the person on the touchline. 

3 hours ago, cushynumber said:

i dont see that as a bad thing. its sad that a journeyman player who has been all round Europe is the guy trying to bring a bit of unity to the squad.

I totally agree with you. Was just being a bit tongue in cheek. 

Think he'll win the clubs players player of the year.

1 hour ago, KeyserSoze said:

Why did he not make the same gesture when Cummings scored then?

True. Think I am looking for the utopia. Fucking hate the shite being thrown at us, the shite we are playing( last week was embarrassing). I’m looking for positives in the most negative situation we have ever been in. We played ok today and deserved our win but when hearts scored you cud hear the joy and expectation in walkers and the commentators voice in what they hoped would happen. I fucking hate this and therefore love the celebrations. I just fucking love Rangers and try not to get involved in the politics of it.

2 hours ago, Bears r us said:

This happened very close to me in SE3, when he started to run to the dugout I assumed he was going to high five Murty, but he ran straight past him and hugged Halliday, then other players joined in.

It was a very public 'fuck you' to Murty IMO and payback from last Sunday for him and Halliday. I cannot see how it can be spun any other way. 

??If Miller or Wallace were there I expect he’d have hugged them, Halliday was the next best thing.