A reality check....

Blue_Devil

I think we need to take a step back. Reflect, and in the words of Murty "let the rawness pass". 

If the Ginger Maldini had made a clean block on Rogic, rather than getting injured in the 3-2 game, the outcome could have been very different in that game, and subsequent games where the defence has looked powder puff without Bates. 

We could still move within 7 points of celtic next week, and with a break of the ball as described above, it could have been a genuine title race. Yes, even with a month or so of the title race to go we could have made something of it. 

We are not that bad (second with a far better goal difference than other challengers), and they are not that good (far from invincible this season). 

Murty cannot remain as manager, he appears to have lost the dressing room and stadium when he didn't make changes to counter Rodgers when celtic were reduced to 10 men. Since that point he has looked like a man that is second guessing himself, and I fear Halliday's substitution in the 4-0 games was based on this perception and the public comments surrounding it. Through this all, he conducted himself with bravery and dignity; he has never hidden. 

If he wins the 3-2 game, and it was close, he would almost certainly be the fans and pundits choice for the job. He was on a high, and that would have taken him higher. He is an asset to the club and we must retain him in some capacity, he could well be a future Rangers manager. 

In the short term we need someone to take the heat, that can manage the board and the fans as well as the players. We need to give him the money to create an iron curtain defence and one player that can add real quality middle to front. But we are not far away. 

Underneath the first team the youth structure has been overhauled, and if it is as good as it looks it should start to bear fruit in 2-3 years. 

To allow it to flourish we must be patient as fans....but we need to stop TIAR. 

Overall, we are not far away but the margins are fine. Now is the time for calm resolve and determination, not short term hysteria. On that, the board are right. 

Tin. Hat. On. 

2 minutes ago, RFC16 said:

And you wonder why the fans dont seem to be united at times.

One result doesnt change the fact we are a fuckin shambles from top to bottom.

The point is we are not. We are second on merit and but for one result could be in a genuine title race. 

Can we stop with this pish that we are only "2 or 3 players away from challenging". People say that like the beasts won't be recruiting players this summer ffs. We are miles away, we can't go on a decent run of wins and our old firm results have been embarrassing. 

At the start of the season improvement meant reducing the gap at the top.   37 last season 10 at present.    Better but not where we need to be and board, management and players all need to ask themselves some serious questions about whether they have what is needed to take the next step forward.   The thing that hurts us most is our inability to roll our sleaves up when it matters and deliver a win against them.  

Sick of people saying if we had done this and that. We are 4 games from the end of a season where we have massively underperformed. There’s a point where you have to realise that the reason why we come out worse off in these fine margins is because we aren’t good enough either in footballing ability or mental strength.

In my opinion, we’re not that bad (I know it seems daft saying that after last week) but that 2-3 game killed us. I know it’s all ifs and buts but football often has big results from fine margins and if we’d even drawn that game I think it would’ve set us up for an interesting final few games.

I don’t think Murty is the man to take us forward but I don’t think our team is, on paper, that bad. Get rid of a few who aren’t pulling their weight (Windass for example) and replace them with (to use a Caixhinha term) 7/10 players and get a couple of big solid CH’s (I’d keep Alves) and I think you’d see a far different outcome. I also think we need a clinical goal scorer. Morelos is our top scorer and puts in a shift but he’s missed too many important chances to be considered a finisher.

Am I right in thinking that we have the best goals for record in the league? You don’t get that if you’re shite.

30 minutes ago, Blue_Devil said:

I think we need to take a step back. Reflect, and in the words of Murty "let the rawness pass". 

If the Ginger Maldini had made a clean block on Rogic, rather than getting injured in the 3-2 game, the outcome could have been very different in that game, and subsequent games where the defence has looked powder puff without Bates. 

We could still move within 7 points of celtic next week, and with a break of the ball as described above, it could have been a genuine title race. Yes, even with a month or so of the title race to go we could have made something of it. 

We are not that bad (second with a far better goal difference than other challengers), and they are not that good (far from invincible this season). 

Murty cannot remain as manager, he appears to have lost the dressing room and stadium when he didn't make changes to counter Rodgers when celtic were reduced to 10 men. Since that point he has looked like a man that is second guessing himself, and I fear Halliday's substitution in the 4-0 games was based on this perception and the public comments surrounding it. Through this all, he conducted himself with bravery and dignity; he has never hidden. 

If he wins the 3-2 game, and it was close, he would almost certainly be the fans and pundits choice for the job. He was on a high, and that would have taken him higher. He is an asset to the club and we must retain him in some capacity, he could well be a future Rangers manager. 

In the short term we need someone to take the heat, that can manage the board and the fans as well as the players. We need to give him the money to create an iron curtain defence and one player that can add real quality middle to front. But we are not far away. 

Underneath the first team the youth structure has been overhauled, and if it is as good as it looks it should start to bear fruit in 2-3 years. 

To allow it to flourish we must be patient as fans....but we need to stop TIAR. 

Overall, we are not far away but the margins are fine. Now is the time for calm resolve and determination, not short term hysteria. On that, the board are right. 

Tin. Hat. On. 

Coulda woulda shoulda 

You see these type of posts from fans of all clubs

If we'd done this or done that we'd be closer, if the sheep could've beaten us and the them at least once each this season they'd be 6 clear of us and only a point behind them, if TLBs team won 5 of the 11 games they've drawn this year they'd be 10 points better off and if the tims had been bothered to get out of 2nd gear for most of the season they would've won plenty of those shitey games they dropped points in.

Can totally understand looking at it from a Rangers prespective but it's futile and disingenuous, painting that kind of picture totally undermines the complete overhaul that we actually need.

We are a winning mentality short of being Rangers class. Simple as that. 

Our manager and players are powderpuff. They were actual scared of the scum last week. Actual scared. 

Wtf. Big streak of yellow where their spine should be and it is typified by Josh Windass but by no means is he the only offender. 

18 minutes ago, Blue_Devil said:

The point is we are not. We are second on merit and but for one result could be in a genuine title race. 

We are fucking awful and that first 45 mins today would get football stopped. If we had won all our home games we would be champions but we didn’t because we have a team full of spineless cunts.

21 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

Can we stop with this pish that we are only "2 or 3 players away from challenging". People say that like the beasts won't be recruiting players this summer ffs. We are miles away, we can't go on a decent run of wins and our old firm results have been embarrassing. 

Even IF we get a new manager, how do we change without the money needed?

These threads are deluded beyond belief .. if so and so happened then it would be different ... what about if Dembele buried the 2 good chances before Bates failed to do something 

we are shit 

have a shit manager, shit players and owners and directors that don’t give a fuck 

thats all the reality anyone needs 

otherwise continue living in the trees with your head in the clouds 

10 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

These threads are deluded beyond belief .. if so and so happened then it would be different ... what about if Dembele buried the 2 good chances before Bates failed to do something 

we are shit 

have a shit manager, shit players and owners and directors that don’t give a fuck 

thats all the reality anyone needs 

otherwise continue living in the trees with your head in the clouds 

With that, only way I see it changing is with new owners, unless you believe this board will step up to the plate. If there are no new owners on the horizon, it's more of the same. 

1 minute ago, Blue Avenger said:

With that, only way I see it changing is with new owners, unless you believe this board will step up to the plate. If there are no new owners on the horizon, it's more of the same. 

Nothing will change. 

An indication would have been AJ being removed for his comments, the fact he’s not been says to me they don’t see an issue and even agree with what he said - so yes, more of the same.