A reality check....

Blue_Devil

1 hour ago, Blue_Devil said:

The point is we are not. We are second on merit and but for one result could be in a genuine title race. 

One result, why bring up the OF game where bates injury cost us, why not bring up the shambolic losses at home to killie, Hamilton and st johnstone, win all 3 of them an we're a point behind, then you have hibs at home where stevie wonder even seen our midfield being overran but murty couldnt, win that we're top, then you have other shambolic performances like motherwell away, 

27 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Nothing will change. 

An indication would have been AJ being removed for his comments, the fact he’s not been says to me they don’t see an issue and even agree with what he said - so yes, more of the same.

IMO, AJ inadvertently revealed board thinking, that King never wanted made public for obvious reasons.

Iam yet to be convinced that Murty is going anywhere.

I also don't see where we are getting any extra revenue from to rebuild this squad, bar a windfall from somewhere, but I doubt it will be from the sale of Morelos, as another poster put it, every time he sees him play another zero disappears off the fee.

1 hour ago, Blue_Devil said:

I think we need to take a step back. Reflect, and in the words of Murty "let the rawness pass". 

If the Ginger Maldini had made a clean block on Rogic, rather than getting injured in the 3-2 game, the outcome could have been very different in that game, and subsequent games where the defence has looked powder puff without Bates. 

We could still move within 7 points of celtic next week, and with a break of the ball as described above, it could have been a genuine title race. Yes, even with a month or so of the title race to go we could have made something of it. 

We are not that bad (second with a far better goal difference than other challengers), and they are not that good (far from invincible this season). 

Murty cannot remain as manager, he appears to have lost the dressing room and stadium when he didn't make changes to counter Rodgers when celtic were reduced to 10 men. Since that point he has looked like a man that is second guessing himself, and I fear Halliday's substitution in the 4-0 games was based on this perception and the public comments surrounding it. Through this all, he conducted himself with bravery and dignity; he has never hidden. 

If he wins the 3-2 game, and it was close, he would almost certainly be the fans and pundits choice for the job. He was on a high, and that would have taken him higher. He is an asset to the club and we must retain him in some capacity, he could well be a future Rangers manager. 

In the short term we need someone to take the heat, that can manage the board and the fans as well as the players. We need to give him the money to create an iron curtain defence and one player that can add real quality middle to front. But we are not far away. 

Underneath the first team the youth structure has been overhauled, and if it is as good as it looks it should start to bear fruit in 2-3 years. 

To allow it to flourish we must be patient as fans....but we need to stop TIAR. 

Overall, we are not far away but the margins are fine. Now is the time for calm resolve and determination, not short term hysteria. On that, the board are right. 

Tin. Hat. On. 

Fanny !!

1 hour ago, Brian Fantana said:

Can we stop with this pish that we are only "2 or 3 players away from challenging". People say that like the beasts won't be recruiting players this summer ffs. We are miles away, we can't go on a decent run of wins and our old firm results have been embarrassing. 

theyre miles ahead of us, they proved it last week

if its a game like the previous league game they can play with us, if they nees to win they can walk all over us,  they're miles ahead of us in every capacity 

3 minutes ago, With Heart and Hand said:

theyre miles ahead of us, they proved it last week

if its a game like the previous league game they can play with us, if they nees to win they can walk all over us,  they're miles ahead of us in every capacity 

?? depressing but true.

But for the iceberg the Titanic could have had a cracking  maiden voyage. FFS. 

They have beat us 10 times on the trot now and the OP thinks we are not far away? 

I'm all for optimism but there are very few grounds for it at the moment. We are not ahead of any curve. The Rangers train is going right off the curve and down the fecking mountain unless we see board changes and investment. 

2 minutes ago, Guardian said:

But for the iceberg the Titanic could have had a cracking  maiden voyage. FFS. 

They have beat us 10 times on the trot now and the OP thinks we are not far away? 

I'm all for optimism but there are very few grounds for it at the moment. We are not ahead of any curve. The Rangers train is going right off the curve and down the fecking mountain unless we see board changes and investment. 

Absolutely true, however I guarantee that should a miracle occur next week we will have some believing that everything is rosy in the garden. 

Our worst home form in decades and we have bottled every big game we've had. That's the reality of our season.

We need to get an experienced manager in and rebuild the team. We have players that can score goals. We need to sort out the back. We have the worst defensive record of the top 6. New GK and 2 CB a must. 

Being kind Tav, McCrorie, Docherty, Jack, Dorrans, Cummings, Candeias, Murphy, Morelos are all good enough for a SQUAD if a good manager was here

Notice anything about most of them? One is injured and we are absolutely fucked apart from up front.

If the taigs spend and we don’t then the gap will only increase as will the need to stop having one decent player in 4/5 positions and then nothing but championship quality players wasting 100k a week

Hahaha

See when you consistently talk about “fine lines” and “if he’d put that away” and “if he’d made that block” - it means your team are not consistent, which means they aren’t good enough to play for Rangers. 

You put the majority of our squad into a Hearts or a Killie top and they’d be stars. It’s different being able to do it for a team like that and Rangers in front of 50k scrutinising every single pass, every single touch, every single decision you make - and the garbage mentality the majority of the squad possess can never be fixed. It’s their personality. 

Therefore, we aren’t close. We are fucking miles behind. When you’re looking for a big performance, the filth across the city turn up whilst our players crumble. 

“If, if, if, but, if...”

Just fuck off, honestly. We’re dug shite, from the incompetent fuckpigs in the boardroom, the non-existent management team to the powderpuff players on the park.

Six years we’ve been in the shiter and still as far behind as ever. Deluded to think otherwise.

An experienced manager is a must! I’d be interested to see how our current players perform under a good manager 

I’d  imagine a Walter Smith could improve an take a couple of the players in our team to a new level that a few are more than capable of reaching (if not through respect then definitely through fear, how many is debatable)

he’d get rid of the no hopers an play with a simple system where there is no excuses for not doing the basics right

he’d take no shite!

im not ? for Walter to come out of retirement, it’s not gonna happen we just need someone like him!

6 hours ago, Dickie said:

We are fucking awful and that first 45 mins today would get football stopped. If we had won all our home games we would be champions but we didn’t because we have a team full of spineless cunts.

I'm not going to lie but I honestly didn't think we were that bad in the first half. Not great, but not as bad as being made out.