Chelsea v Rangers for Bradford City fire.

Was anybody on here down at this game or know anything about it, I collect wee bits and bobs from both teams, seen this online and bought it, didn't know they had actually played each other for all moneys to go to the charity, was only twelve at the time. 

_20180423_164557.JPG

41 minutes ago, BEE said:

Before my time but sure @1690tamRFC was there.

Few stories here too: http://forum.Rangers-mad.co.uk/archive/index.php/t-953857.html

Why’s this not in the Bears Den?

Wasn't sure where to put it. If someone can or wants to move it feel free. Looked online and seen we got beat 3-2, said there was at least 7500 there, one of the links I clicked goes onto The Shed End website and few of them said they were at it and there all Rangers fans as well just about. One of them said that we played each other the following year he thinks it was and Rangers won that game 3-2.

35 minutes ago, LOL153 No Surrender!!! said:

Teams on the back. One thing I found strange was the bit that says officials, one has red flag and one had yellow flag, can't remember such a thing, going senile I think.

IMG_20180423_180135.jpg

And the least well known of our Fergusons up front.

obviously before i was born but ive seen the footage of the fire and it looks horrifying, the stands engulfed in seconds, and you see the old guy coming out of the stand actually ablaze clearly in shock because he doesnt seem to realise hes on fire and basically has to get tackled to the ground for the fire to be put out. 

I was a steward at Ibrox at that time and a few weeks after the fire all the stewards were brought in and shown the fire brigade video of the aftermath of the fire from inside the stand. There were a couple of guys who actually threw up when the camera showed the piles of remains in front of padlocked exit gates. I use the word remains because there were no single identifiable bodies it was more a congealed mass of burnt flesh, rendered fat and bones.

We all received fire safety training. Ibrox was the safest stadium in Europe at that point in time.

We played Chelsea at Ibrox the following year, if I remember right it was at this time of year and was definitely a Friday night. Sat in the main stand that night with Sandy Clark. Again if my memory serves me right we won 3-2.

I was there don't remember much about the night though. Remember arriving outside Stamford bridge mid afternoon and some Chelsea boys were waiting to welcome the busses with fuck the pope scarfs and an Ulster flag. We went into a pub just along from the ground think it was called the slug and lettuce and it was full of Chelsea and Rangers belting out each other's songs. We were in the terracing   the opposite side from the shed and we were making quite a bit of noise considering it was midweek and the game wasn't that well publicised we had not a bad wee support down.unfortunately due to having too much drink I was ejected as were a lot of other bears halfway through the first half just for shouting fuck the pope and singing loyalist songs. I then headed back to the same pub and it was still full of gers and Chelsea supporters. If I remember right I travelled down on the Toby jug bus we stayed in that pub until we left Chelsea at midnight and got a good send off from the Chelsea boys as our busses drove away from the kings road. 

On 23/04/2018 at 21:40, With Heart and Hand said:

obviously before i was born but ive seen the footage of the fire and it looks horrifying, the stands engulfed in seconds, and you see the old guy coming out of the stand actually ablaze clearly in shock because he doesnt seem to realise hes on fire and basically has to get tackled to the ground for the fire to be put out. 

I was there (fire, not friendly!) & got out a few seconds before the guy you mention.

What amazed me was the policemen moving IN towards the fire, while all we were thinking about was getting away from it!

3 minutes ago, HG5 said:

I was there (fire, not friendly!) & got out a few seconds before the guy you mention.

What amazed me was the policemen moving IN towards the fire, while all we were thinking about was getting away from it!

Sorry to hear that, I went down to Bradford for Stuart McCalls Testimonial against us, was or is there any memorial to the victims at the stadium, seen a few documentaries about it, remember it happening as well. Sad sad day.

10 hours ago, big blue Fin said:

I was a steward at Ibrox at that time and a few weeks after the fire all the stewards were brought in and shown the fire brigade video of the aftermath of the fire from inside the stand. There were a couple of guys who actually threw up when the camera showed the piles of remains in front of padlocked exit gates. I use the word remains because there were no single identifiable bodies it was more a congealed mass of burnt flesh, rendered fat and bones.

We all received fire safety training. Ibrox was the safest stadium in Europe at that point in time.

I’d been at the Aberdeen game at Easter, which was the first time I’d been back to Ibrox after the rebuild & been impressed with how great it was.

My old man was a Bradford City fan, who’d been there the previous time they’d got promoted & it seemed like a good idea to go.

My first thought as we entered the ‘main’ stand was ‘what a tip - what would happen if something went wrong in here?’

Answer came all too quickly.....

3 minutes ago, LOL153 No Surrender!!! said:

Sorry to hear that, I went down to Bradford for Stuart McCalls Testimonial against us, was or is there any memorial to the victims at the stadium, seen a few documentaries about it, remember it happening as well. Sad sad day.

Cheers mate.

Worst bit for me (at the time) was I’d got separated from my dad & brother in law & spent an hour & a half walking round amongst all sorts, looking for them.

Eventually went back to the bar where we’d started off & they’d been there almost all the time, watching it on tv!

On 23/04/2018 at 17:57, LOL153 No Surrender!!! said:

Wasn't sure where to put it. If someone can or wants to move it feel free. Looked online and seen we got beat 3-2, said there was at least 7500 there, one of the links I clicked goes onto The Shed End website and few of them said they were at it and there all Rangers fans as well just about. One of them said that we played each other the following year he thinks it was and Rangers won that game 3-2.

Was at the Ibrox one 

Think it was a Friday night

5 hours ago, Gaffbear said:

couple of my mates were there..

Chelsea had just installed their electric fence around the pitch but wasn't switched on that day.

Hahaha, fuck that's rite, forgot about the fence, I'm laughing I know but just think how bad things went down south, I remember him threatening to turn it on, they called it the English Disease but it was happening all over, eighties in Scotland as well there was a fair few things going on, so the press up here couldn't stand all high and mighty about it.