Douglas Park

Heard tonight from a source close to the club two things:

1) Douglas Park is taking over the ownership and running of the club. 

King may not be around for much longer.

2) When asked about who the new manager is to be the response was that the club know and it’s an appointment that nobody would see coming. 

Makes me think Gerrard is the one coming in. 

Not going to start saying who it came from as not worth the hassle at my end, but it’s someone I know, trust and who is well connected with the club. 

3 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Wouldn’t be surprised but the downside is that simpleton of a boy of his will be on our board for life because of Daddy 

Park I’ll give the benefit of the doubt to as running the club says to me Robertson will get the punt, in that case bring on the change.

King getting to fuck would be the icing on the cake and shut the ones up who constantly say “who’s gonna take over from him there’s no one”

Well it was from a very trustworthy source and said it’s in the pipeline. 

Dont know much about Parks son but it might bring a fresh outlook to the club and potential avenues of investment etc. 

4 minutes ago, jintybear said:

2) makes me think it's not Gerrard! These rumours have been flying about for weeks so people are expecting it so if it's someone we'renot expecting then.........

Exactly what I’m thinking, especially with this discussed tonight when it has really ramped up recently and bookies favourite before it leaked iirc

1 minute ago, jintybear said:

2) makes me think it's not Gerrard! These rumours have been flying about for weeks so people are expecting it so if it's someone we're not expecting then.........

I hope you are right.   

You would have to be an idiot to hire someone who has never managed a club in his life knowing we need to stop the filth in the next 2 seasons!  Nothing surprises me with this mob mind...

10 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Wouldn’t be surprised but the downside is that simpleton of a boy of his will be on our board for life because of Daddy 

Park I’ll give the benefit of the doubt to as running the club says to me Robertson will get the punt, in that case bring on the change.

King getting to fuck would be the icing on the cake and shut the ones up who constantly say “who’s gonna take over from him there’s no one”

If G Park , who let's not forget was only appointed to the Board to look after his Dad's interests due to Dougie's personal issues at that time , managed to survive the Pedro fiasco , then I think it's safe to say that we're lumbered with him for the time being . Another one who brings fuck all to the Boardroom along with murray and johnstone .

Don't mind King moving aside for Park but the remainder of the board needs hounded (or at least reorganised) for people who actually know something about running a football club our size, have pride in our history, have the forward thinking to know when things are not going to plan, and sound out future managers etc when we want to change things i.e. a board that doesn't sit with their fingers up their arses.

Another sideways step. Yes he may have money to help us but that seems to equal the final say in the teams matters ie Manager etc when he and his son clearly haven't a clue about football matters. Be glad when Robertson is gone, guy ain't cut out for a club this size and demand.

33 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Point 1)  ????

Point 2) Would love to get rid of both Robertson and that bastard Mini but I don't know the latter's relationship with Park

Point 3) YES

One huge bonus of King moving on (presumably post share issue when his soft loans become equity) is that we will be less toxic in the eyes of the outside world. Financial transactions will be easier, dealing with other clubs will have less preconditions attached etc.

Interesting times?

7 minutes ago, Smell the hotdog said:

If King is ready to move aside why the fuck is Park allowing him to pick the next manager?

Park will be left carrying the can for the inevitable shitshow that’s about to take place.

Maybe it’s Park calling the shots on new manager?

Everyone is putting king to it because of link with Liverpool and Gerrard. 

1 hour ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Heard tonight from a source close to the club two things:

1) Douglas Park is taking over the ownership and running of the club. 

King may not be around for much longer.

2) When asked about who the new manager is to be the response was that the club know and it’s an appointment that nobody would see coming. 

Makes me think Gerrard is the one coming in. 

Not going to start saying who it came from as not worth the hassle at my end, but it’s someone I know, trust and who is well connected with the club. 

Just a thought, maybe your informant isn’t up to speed on dave’s impending court instructed offer.