Myles Beerman

K.A.I

Someone was asking yesterday what’s happened to him - was just reading there Queens don’t want him for last few games of season and have sent him back early saying thanks for efforts but it’s not worked out. 

Not really surprised as I guess they have nothing to play for and they'd rather use some of their own.

I didn't see anything great from beerman when.he played. Thought he looked a step down from Wallace. I'd say John looks about on par with Wallace maybe a little better but none of them are good enough long term.

Forgot about Beerman. Never looked hard enough to be a left back but these days neither of our full backs can tackle but everyone seems to love them. He did seem to have a burst of pace and could go past a player or two. Far from the worst who has played for us in recent years, but another who showed promise then loaned out to never be heard of again.

Just checked there and he joined them on loan 4th Jan and played a whopping 3 times - going on that and the managers comments it’s safe to say it was a disaster. 

Alrhough im not going to be entirely brutal to the lad (even though I don’t rate him) it must be hard being young, getting a taste of first team football at Rangers then be expected to drop down there and be on top of everything probably wishing you were still in the Rangers first team 

Probably best he moves on though along with some others who won’t make it and hope this next batch that’s been smashing all these top teams away from home have a couple of contenders for first team football next year or two 

2 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Probably best he moves on though along with some others who won’t make it and hope this next batch that’s been smashing all these top teams away from home have a couple of contenders for first team football next year or two 

Changing the topic a bit I saw we hammered Leicester 6-0 on their patch this week, but was surprised to see they hammered us 6-1 earlier in the season at Ibrox (or Auchenhowie or wherever these games are played). So, has something changed at youth level since  the 2nd half of the season or have the boys just stepped it up due to playing better opposition?

Just now, To Be A Ranger said:

Changing the topic a bit I saw we hammered Leicester 6-0 on their patch this week, but was surprised to see they hammered us 6-1 earlier in the season at Ibrox (or Auchenhowie or wherever these games are played). So, has something changed at youth level since  the 2nd half of the season or have the boys just stepped it up due to playing better opposition?

I’ve no idea mate they can be an enigma to me .. away from home they horse and outplay some of the best teams going ... at home they get horsed and also suffer defeats from domestic shite ... it’s strange 

4 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I’ve no idea mate they can be an enigma to me .. away from home they horse and outplay some of the best teams going ... at home they get horsed and also suffer defeats from domestic shite ... it’s strange 

Sounds like our first team.

18 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I said it christ knows how much last season and it still stands now, I wouldn't put too much faith in results at that level but much more into performances and what they pick up from the games. They all seem to have really bought into it though and have been trying to soak up as much as they can of different environments and seeing bits and pieces of how other teams and countries treat their preparation. There's every chance they could play Leicester again tomorrow and take another leathering.

5 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I said it christ knows how much last season and it still stands now, I wouldn't put too much faith in results at that level but much more into performances and what they pick up from the games. They all seem to have really bought into it though and have been trying to soak up as much as they can of different environments and seeing bits and pieces of how other teams and countries treat their preparation. There's every chance they could play Leicester again tomorrow and take another leathering.

I know you said it loads but I’ll always disagree with it as wins and good results are an essential part of development at a club like ours - a winning mentality installed in them is a great trait and from the most recent conversation I had with Mulholland which was in Belgium at Mechelens stadium he agrees with me - he was still smarting about not getting the win thanks to the late penalty in the 2-2 draw in the game against Alkmaar with the notorious dodgy midget ref ... which was music to my ears as him and the boys were still reeling as they like winning 

that’s the character I want in a results driven business 

9 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I know you said it loads but I’ll always disagree with it as wins and good results are an essential part of development at a club like ours - a winning mentality installed in them is a great trait and from the most recent conversation I had with Mulholland which was in Belgium at Mechelens stadium he agrees with me - he was still smarting about not getting the win thanks to the late penalty in the 2-2 draw in the game against Alkmaar with the notorious dodgy midget ref ... which was music to my ears as him and the boys were still reeling as they like winning 

that’s the character I want in a results driven business 

I agree it's an important part of their development but it wouldn't be how I'd judge their success - if that makes sense - but it is something that you always want. Especially when it comes to individual players and how they are coming along. They're always going to smart at not coming away with a win and as daft as it might sound, having that experience is something that helps them too. I really like Mulholland and think he's probably the only 'department head' at the club who can genuinely be happy with what is going on under his watch.

I'm curious what the plan is for next season when the reserve league returns since it looks like it is going to be mandatory. Hopefully we don't go down the road of just giving seniors a chance to play more often because they can more.

Just now, The Dude said:

I agree it's an important part of their development but it wouldn't be how I'd judge their success - if that makes sense - but it is something that you always want. Especially when it comes to individual players and how they are coming along. They're always going to smart at not coming away with a win and as daft as it might sound, having that experience is something that helps them too. I really like Mulholland and think he's probably the only 'department head' at the club who can genuinely be happy with what is going on under his watch.

I'm curious what the plan is for next season when the reserve league returns since it looks like it is going to be mandatory. Hopefully we don't go down the road of just giving seniors a chance to play more often because they can more.

Don’t get me wrong I do know where you are coming from in the sense that sometimes you learn a hell of a lot more in a defeat than you do in an emphatic win - the win is obviously better but you might not learn a lot as it gives you belief and confidence which is something different 

not every 11 that plays every under 20s game is going to make it at Rangers or even in football let’s be honest so I do see a thought process that provided a couple of them come on leaps and bounds regardless then to hell with the result provided a couple come up good but I need and enjoy Rangers winning at everything they play doesn’t matter if it’s a league decider or the Hong Kong 7’s it’s vital for our brand 

49 minutes ago, To Be A Ranger said:

Well, Middleton happened. Has been a standout by all accounts.

52 minutes ago, To Be A Ranger said:

No Murty...

2 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

Well, Middleton happened. Has been a standout by all accounts.

We had outstanding results away to Brentford, Alkmaar, Mechelen, Benfica and Bayern - sure I might have missed 1 or 2 our, before he came on the scene mate 

2 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

We had outstanding results away to Brentford, Alkmaar, Mechelen, Benfica and Bayern - sure I might have missed 1 or 2 our, before he came on the scene mate 

I know that.. But he is by all accounts the standout player in the team. Scores and assists a lot of goals. Seems an exciting player.

Just now, johanhentze said:

I know that.. But he is by all accounts the standout player in the team. Scores and assists a lot of goals. Seems an exciting player.

I’ve still to see him play not got to a game in ages was meant to be going to Leicester the other day until I lost 9 days holidays in work and couldn’t get it covered - gutted 

5 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I’ve still to see him play not got to a game in ages was meant to be going to Leicester the other day until I lost 9 days holidays in work and couldn’t get it covered - gutted 

I have only seen highlights on RTV. Quick and strong... powerful type of player. 

12 hours ago, K.A.I said:

Could it be something to do with player availability and whether boys are playing up and down with different age groups? I mean that from our point of view as well as the opposition. Leicester might have had a full squad available when they pumped us but in the other fixture five might have been up with the first team for example depending on fixtures/cup games etc.  I guess there’s an element of inconsistency with young players as well which would effect it.