One for older bears

mrmojorisin

Does anyone remember the guy from the 80's who used to sell the loyalist tapes back in the day just across from the old Rangers shop on copland Rd? 

Big fella..ginger hair shaved into a crew cut and wore a black crombie coat.

When you walked towards him the coat flew open and he would shout "Here Lies a soljahh" and had all the tapes strapped to the inside of the coat.

Everyone ive spoke to cant remember this guy

1 hour ago, mrmojorisin said:

Does anyone remember the guy from the 80's who used to sell the loyalist tapes back in the day just across from the old Rangers shop on copland Rd? 

When you walked towards him the coat flew open and he would shout "Here Lies a soljahh" and had all the tapes strapped to the inside of the coat.

Was it one of those 3am moments when you roll over and need a piss and for absolutely no reason this ginger fella comes into your mind?

7 hours ago, mrmojorisin said:

That's fucking genius :rofl:

5 hours ago, kplfishtank said:

I remember the guy who sold tapes

used to boom out 

“ Here’s yer orange tapes” 

repeatedly every 30 seconds. 

Same with the lad who sold the rolls , meat or cheese. He used to take the big box on our bus to away games any unsold were given to us. 

I remember the cheese and meat rolls on the football specials. Never bought any on the way to the game but once the Eldorado was done on the way home always bought a couple as I then had the munchies lol. Seem to remember it was the guy with the glasses on who also sold the macaroon and  the spear mint chewing gum.

There were definitely more characters in the past :Fod:. The one I always remember was the guy who took a huge cardboard box filled with the most disgusting cheese sandwiches you could imagine on the football special every other week. On the long trips like Aberdeen you always ended up buying a couple and usually ended up regretting it :mutley: