McAllister

GOAT

1 minute ago, M4XGERSBF3 said:

Am I the only one who still can't get his head around this idea of Gerrard being manager :huh:. If he is manager then fuck it I will back him but its a massive gamble. 

I can get my head around it just for the fact it’s exactly the king of thing our board would do! Like you I have my doubts but if he does come I’ll back him 100%, hopefully he’ll get some decent youngsters on loan from Liverpool!

Just now, Bristol loyal said:

I can get my head around it just for the fact it’s exactly the king of thing our board would do! Like you I have my doubts but if he does come I’ll back him 100%, hopefully he’ll get some decent youngsters on loan from Liverpool!

It just seems fucking mental. Would love it if he absolutly blows the league away but who knows. If this fails then the board have no lifes left thats for sure. 

35 minutes ago, pcbear said:

Got dogs abuse when playing for Scotland at the scums home.

Was at that game, couldn't believe the abuse he was getting. Of course, it was his first home game after Euro96 and his hapless effort against England. He still had a decent career after it, and it was clearly Scotland's loss not to have him in the side.

4 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

The 1st game of the 1st division campaign we were at home to Brechin....we won 5-1....McAllister was doing the co - commentary and he clearly used the term US when the 2nd goal went in....from that I have always assumed he is a bear.

Yes, he has been on BT a few times as a co-commentator before heading to ESPN in the USA, always thought he was well spoken and knowledgeable about the Scottish game. He never jumped on the bitter bandwagon that seems to be the pre entry requirements for most of the awful punditry that pollutes our media now, Thompson, Stewart etc..

15 minutes ago, Bristol loyal said:

Let's hope they all don't get 'homesick' - like our current Liverpudlian youth superstar.

1 hour ago, pcbear said:

Got dogs abuse when playing for Scotland at the scums home.

I was at his last game for Scotland at celtic Park (only time I've ever been there). Against the Czech Republic, I think. He was booed off the park.  A disgraceful performance by the 'Tartan Army'. Not the first and not the last.  I remember being utterly disgusted by the home crowd that night. 

40 minutes ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

I was an S form for Motherwell back in the day. He was definitely a blue nose.when Big Jock left Motherwell to go back to Rangers he told him he would be back for him. Gary was buzzing. Twice Wallace tried to sign him and he practically begged the club to sell him.

Then right out the blue he was away to Leicester with club captain, Ally Mauchlen. In those days clubs just told you where you were going or staying - there was no player power like now. 

He was a brilliant big guy though and even then you could tell he was some player - although i was a bit surprised to see how good he got. He just got better and better the older he got. 

He used to organise the tips for the youth players every Tuesday - we were all YTS. And i actually met him in Orlando Airport 5 years ago and he remembered me ???

Love stories like that ?

43 minutes ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

I was an S form for Motherwell back in the day. He was definitely a blue nose.when Big Jock left Motherwell to go back to Rangers he told him he would be back for him. Gary was buzzing. Twice Wallace tried to sign him and he practically begged the club to sell him.

Then right out the blue he was away to Leicester with club captain, Ally Mauchlen. In those days clubs just told you where you were going or staying - there was no player power like now. 

He was a brilliant big guy though and even then you could tell he was some player - although i was a bit surprised to see how good he got. He just got better and better the older he got. 

He used to organise the tips for the youth players every Tuesday - we were all YTS. And i actually met him in Orlando Airport 5 years ago and he remembered me ???

Seems a right decent guy 

3 hours ago, Bristol loyal said:

Yep, first and only one must be Jurgen Klopp. 

3 hours ago, hammer93 said:

The 1st game of the 1st division campaign we were at home to Brechin....we won 5-1....McAllister was doing the co - commentary and he clearly used the term US when the 2nd goal went in....from that I have always assumed he is a bear.

Not sure of that, but he's definitely a brother, for sure.

Even know his grannies age. 

2 hours ago, 285miles said:

He scored a belter for Leeds in the 92 champions league at Ibrox and remember him saying before the tie that he always had supported us

He didny really celebrate scoring either , especially for it being "Battle of Britain" 

Like most of us I believe we are taking a huge gamble but I can't help remembering that Souness was a huge gamble and Sir Walter had not been a manager either before he took over and that scenario worked out really quite well for us so let's hope Gerard and McAllister do something similar.