Our fans

1 hour ago, EMRFC said:

Should boycott the remaining three games. An empty Ibrox would send a message

I 'boycotted' the Hearts game i.e. didn't attend in my ST seat or give my ticket to anyone else.

I am now thinking about the same for the Killie game, but was previously going to have a bit of an end of season pub crawl  to say 'fuck it, but next season we'll be back'. I'm now thinking about not going at all. If the board would like to unveil a new manager at the game I'll be there, otherwise I just don't know.

The thing is empty seats won't bother our board if ST's have already been sold and paid for.

9 minutes ago, To Be A Ranger said:

From what I've read on here it seems he left well before the end, probably before any of the fans did.

Aye I seen a comment saying that on the match thread. I switched it off after the third went in so never seen it. Did he vanish about 75-minutes? 

1 hour ago, K.A.I said:

I'm prepared for the abuse but I think on this instance it just looks daft ... everyone walking out at half-time would drive home a better message.

I'd never tell anyone what to do, especially as I didn't even bother going today so they deserve to show their support whatever way they feel. Just find it frustrating that we are way too loyal and vocal in our support and should be doing something a bit different just now.

I would never give you abuse mate but I do disagree. The one thing that our club needs is the fan base and I fail to see what advantage we would gain by walking out. The reason we are in this position is surely because we were pumped down to the lowest division, had assets stripped and made to start again. The fan base ensured this fight back happened and we are now back in there fighting with the “big boys”. The final part of this ie getting back to the top depends on us getting investment and the best way for this to happen is to have that loyal fan base. We are gettting the shit on our way back up but hey ho that’s what being a loyal fan is and that hopefully is what any potential investor wants. I would hope the board know how much we are hurting but it is all about investment. 

1 minute ago, Domthenbud said:

I would never give you abuse mate but I do disagree. The one thing that our club needs is the fan base and I fail to see what advantage we would gain by walking out. The reason we are in this position is surely because we were pumped down to the lowest division, had assets stripped and made to start again. The fan base ensured this fight back happened and we are now back in there fighting with the “big boys”. The final part of this ie getting back to the top depends on us getting investment and the best way for this to happen is to have that loyal fan base. We are gettting the shit on our way back up but hey ho that’s what being a loyal fan is and that hopefully is what any potential investor wants. I would hope the board know how much we are hurting but it is all about investment. 

There was no advantage gained to staying there and singing our hearts out either.

Walking out would have driven home a message. We were getting hammered either way.

2 hours ago, G.E.C. said:

I might get shot down for this but I’m amazed we sold out our allocation after that hiding. The players don’t deserve any more backing. 

We had a few spare which we got rid of en route and there was a fair few for sale walking to ground. Boys looking for them too mind. 

8 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

There was no advantage gained to staying there and singing our hearts out either.

Walking out would have driven home a message. We were getting hammered either way.

On this forum we talk a lot about other teams fan base or lack of fan base and therefore support. I like to think we do things correctly by supporting our team. 

It' sad to see that being loyal to this current team, is also our Achilles heel...

The board do not care about fighting for our loyalty. We blindly give it anyway because we love what the past gave us before 2012.  

Damned if we do and damned if we don't :(

23 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

We are Rangers, super Rangers. Just coz the players can’t hack it, doesn’t mean the fans have to chuck it. Boards come and go, management teams come and go, players come and go. But we’re in it for the long run. Walking out would drive fuck all home. There’s other far better ways to let them know what we think. 

I think what most posters on here forget is that because of what happened 6/7 years ago we have fuck all money, piss poor sponsorship and a MSM who see us as easy prey and are fucking loving it. We are still in deep shit and do not have the resource to purchase or even “get the loan of” players of the calibre of the tims. Now regarding today’s game I believe the effort was there from our players  but unfortunately due to, the quality of our players, the way they were set up and instructed to play, a lot of the effort was used up closing down a 10 yd gap. We have many problems at Ibrox, player quality and manager being biggies. We unfortunately will not go from championship winners with championship level players to premiership winners overnight. There unfortunately is a transition period. ESP with our financial status. And it could be said by screwing up what investment money we did have. But I have renewed.

16 minutes ago, Gazza2258 said:

We are Rangers, super Rangers. Just coz the players can’t hack it, doesn’t mean the fans have to chuck it. Boards come and go, management teams come and go, players come and go. But we’re in it for the long run. Walking out would drive fuck all home. There’s other far better ways to let them know what we think. 

Well that's just a matter of opinion then.

3 hours ago, K.A.I said:

I'm prepared for the abuse but I think on this instance it just looks daft ... everyone walking out at half-time would drive home a better message.

I'd never tell anyone what to do, especially as I didn't even bother going today so they deserve to show their support whatever way they feel. Just find it frustrating that we are way too loyal and vocal in our support and should be doing something a bit different just now.

Fed up saying it. We're victims of our own loyalty.

EVERY Chairman knows it, but there's been none like King for abusing our loyalty.

We keep about 5 or 6 clubs alive in Scotland with our support, yet we accept the way they treat us and go back to their grounds again with our money.

Something has to give, and a halftime walk out today would have sent the message.

After the UB's silent protest last week, a halftime walk out would have kept the ball rolling and the pressure on the Board.

I feel last week's protest has now been lost among all of today's shite.

Everyone who turned up today deserves so much respect from every Rangers fan. The loyalty shown is unbelievable. Our support is the only good thing about our club right now.

We need to make the board aware of how angry we are though...I'm not saying boycott the remaining games but even if it were just one. Nobody turns up and see how the players like that feeling... Just imagine what would be going through their minds if nobody turned up at Ibrox after all the amazing support we've given them. It would also send a message to the board.

If we really don't want to boycott a game then we should set up a display. None of this wee shitey display in the broomloan corner but in the Sandy jardine stand so that not only can the TV cameras see it but the players won't be able to ignore it.

We need to do something. 

6 minutes ago, thebooler said:

Fed up saying it. We're victims of our own loyalty.

EVERY Chairman knows it, but there's been none like King for abusing our loyalty.

We keep about 5 or 6 clubs alive in Scotland with our support, yet we accept the way they treat us and go back to their grounds again with our money.

Something has to give, and a halftime walk out today would have sent the message.

After the UB's silent protest last week, a halftime walk out would have kept the ball rolling and the pressure on the Board.

I feel last week's protest has now been lost among all of today's shite.

I’d go for a halftime walkout next week. Fuck applauding the imposters on their end of season lap of honour...