English/British players

Rum Ham

All well and good recruiting the best from these markets when we could compete with the English clubs for the best, but my biggest worry about Allen/Gerrard/ anyone we have been linked with is it's the only market they will know.

We will not survive scouting and recruiting from English Leagues.

Why are we not linked with anyone from European leagues?

There is a handfull of centre backs from Bundesliga 2 I would take over the same names we are constantly linked with from England.

1 minute ago, GT66 said:

All well and good recruiting the best from these markets when we could compete with the English clubs for the best, but my biggest worry about Allen/Gerrard/ anyone we have been linked with is it's the only market they will know.

There is a handfull of centre backs from Bundesliga 2 I would take over the same names we are constantly linked with from England.

how do you know there is a handful of centre backs in bundesliga 2   is this from your computer games

3 minutes ago, GT66 said:

I love the idea that football fans will have this expansive knowledge of the global game that professionals won't have because they didn't actually play/work in it. :mutley:

5 minutes ago, GT66 said:

Wait lets go Mexican and Portugal, ahh never-mind, Im off to pish in a fountain.

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

I love the idea that football fans will have this expansive knowledge of the global game that professionals won't have because they didn't actually play/work in it. :mutley:

Has there been any evidence to suggest otherwise? I haven't seen it if there has been

1 minute ago, GT66 said:

Nah, mate.

Have watched German football for a while, longer than you have structured English sentences, clearly.

where do you watch german football  i have all the sports channels and you only get an odd bundesliga 2 game on there   name some names  by the way  i am 75 yrs young  been watcging gers for approx  66yrs  and probably know more about football than you will ever learn                                                                           c

There's only one market we seem to like, either support Rangers and played for Rangers before. Doesn't matter if they are any good.

Last year we were told that they had invested in to the scouting, am sure most of.us could sit in the house and do a better job

2 minutes ago, billscott said:

where do you watch german football  i have all the sports channels and you only get an odd bundesliga 2 game on there   name some names  by the way  i am 75 yrs young  been watcging gers for approx  66yrs  and probably know more about football than you will ever learn                                                                           c

Worked in Essen from 2011 to last year.

The only reason I have an account on here was to follow what was happening with our club. 

You want names of free transfers, who could do a job and relatively young, or players I think that could do a job/ make a profit for us? 

15 minutes ago, GT66 said:

Like David Bates for instance.

I want winners first and foremost.

Big athletic aggressive no nonsense bastards of a player preferably, but as a minimum a guy that will concede nothing on the pitch and drag others to his winning level. No nonsense, no excuses. Win or face the consequences type.

Don't give a fuck really about age, nationality etc, that's what's important. Get at least a spine of the team with that quality and we're back on the right track.

8 minutes ago, billscott said:

4DFACDAC-9487-4CE7-A761-5AB1C11B2457.jpeg

I think unless you have the finances to buy the best in quality , like we could years ago , I think you'll probably find even the average ones will struggle here here - we've had them before . That's not to say they're not better footballers but the Scottish game is a completely different animal to anywhere else where aggression plays a big part and time on the ball is at a minimum . At least players here in the UK have some sort of similarity to it and know what to expect as opposed to continentals . 

Because our scouting is shite and the head honchos of our club adore the English leagues, specifically the prem and championship, and wold rather sign a 29 year old who has played most of his career in the championship than a younger player from a more obscure league. Because playing in the Premiership and coming up here obviously means you’ll be a class above the rest :sarcasm:

2 minutes ago, pcbear said:

Like David Bates for instance.

Well, yes.

He's the sort of player right now I would like as a thrid choice CB.

He'll probably be on the bench for Hamburg in that league, but they definitely didn't sign him thinking they were staying up.

16 minutes ago, billscott said:

tenor.gif

1 minute ago, RDFM said:

Because our scouting is shite and the head honchos of our club adore the English leagues, specifically the prem and championship, and wold rather sign a 29 year old who has played most of his career in the championship than a younger player from a more obscure league. Because playing in the Premiership and coming up here obviously means you’ll be a class above the rest :sarcasm:

Because younger players from more obscure leagues are going to be better than a shite player like Scott Arfield obvs

Cardoso

Herrera

Pena

Dalcio

All better than Arfield.

3 minutes ago, gmcf said:

the  Scottish game is a completely different animal to anywhere else where aggression plays a big part and time on the ball is at a minimum .

Except when you play us and both space and ball are gifted to the opposition in abundance.

12 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

I want winners first and foremost.

Big athletic aggressive no nonsense bastards of a player preferably, but as a minimum a guy that will concede nothing on the pitch and drag others to his winning level. No nonsense, no excuses. Win or face the consequences type.

Don't give a fuck really about age, nationality etc, that's what's important. Get at least a spine off the team with that quality and we're back on the right track.

11 of these types of players please. 

12 minutes ago, Bronzy said:

Because younger players from more obscure leagues are going to be better than a shite player like Scott Arfield obvs

Cardoso

Herrera

Pena

Dalcio

All better than Arfield.

Then I go Dorrans, Martin, Barton and use Morelos to fit my agenda. Also Herrera and Pena aren’t young 

9 minutes ago, GT66 said:

Well, yes.

He's the sort of player right now I would like as a thrid choice CB.

He'll probably be on the bench for Hamburg in that league, but they definitely didn't sign him thinking they were staying up.

How do u know for a fact that they only signed him as they were to get relegated? Maybe they seen something in him the fact he can defend first and they could work on his technical ability. FWIW I think he will go on and have a right good career and we have made a mistake letting him go. 

2 minutes ago, RDFM said:

Then I go Dorrans, Martin, Murphy and use Morelos to fit my agenda. Also Herrera and Pena aren’t young 

Just because there are shite players down south doesn't mean we should just dismiss every player that plays there. Also you could argue that it takes more time for players abroad to adapt to Scotland and the football here whereas it's a lot easier for players coming from England.

13 minutes ago, Bronzy said:

Just because there are shite players down south doesn't mean we should just dismiss every player that plays there. Also you could argue that it takes more time for players abroad to adapt to Scotland and the football here whereas it's a lot easier for players coming from England.

It’s not every player from down south I’d disregard. But me personally, I’d never sign and older player from the Premiership ever again and the vast majority of players I’d sign from England would be young players from the championship and from top English youth sides. For me the club needs to turn into an Ajax or Dortmund type club where we sign young players from all over with the view of getting them ready for and eventually selling them to the Prem for good money as it’s most players aspirations. The signing of Premiership has beens just doesn’t work for me.