English/British players

Rum Ham

3 minutes ago, bluewhitevanman said:

How do u know for a fact that they only signed him as they were to get relegated? Maybe they seen something in him the fact he can defend first and they could work on his technical ability. FWIW I think he will go on and have a right good career and we have made a mistake letting him go. 

I think he'll be a good player, and I was pissed we let him go when we are paying cunts like Pena 20+k a week

I'm assuming they'll be relegated, but hope they wont.

Just now, GT66 said:

I think he'll be a good player, and I was pissed we let him go when we are paying cunts like Pena 20+k a week

I'm assuming they'll be relegated, but hope they wont.

Same here hope they stay up not that I take an interest in bundesliga but that wee connection always has me wanting them to do well. I think if they can get him better technically then he will be back playing in England in a couple of seasons 

1 hour ago, GT66 said:

Has there been any evidence to suggest otherwise? I haven't seen it if there has been

Evidence that Allen or Gerrard know markets outwith the UK?

Gerrard just spent a year playing in America. Sure he'll have a fair idea of a few players there too. If even just the guys he played with at LA Galaxy.

Allen was heavily involved in recruitment at Man City's Academy in his eight years there where they sign boys from all around the world.

Managers normally start by going after players they already know.  Rodgers went after Sinclair, Clarke brought in Mulumbu, Pedro gave us Pena and Herrera.  Player recruitment is a key part of the job so we need to hope Gerrard (if he gets it) is excellent at it given the task at hand.  He'll need to come here and complete rebuild the team before laying down a formation and style of play that will win us the league.  

2 hours ago, GT66 said:

All well and good recruiting the best from these markets when we could compete with the English clubs for the best, but my biggest worry about Allen/Gerrard/ anyone we have been linked with is it's the only market they will know.

We will not survive scouting and recruiting from English Leagues.

Why are we not linked with anyone from European leagues?

There is a handfull of centre backs from Bundesliga 2 I would take over the same names we are constantly linked with from England.

Come next year there will be restrictions on foreign players.