Jason Holt

BEE

3 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

It depends on what your expectations were.

For 60k he's done well. 

He had a good season along with Halliday in midfield for most of their first season in the Championship.

But it's unfair on both us and Holt that we have never really sorted a decent midfield and he keeps getting thurst in and being out of his depth.

Seriously limited footballer, but he's probably the best central midfielder we have. Just let that sink in for an idea as to our problems ....

Aye it's brutal writing the last sentence then realising he's arguably the best midfielder - just shows how fucked we are.

Record’s player rating for him:

Sent clear inside the box by Jamie Murphy and midfielder got his shot on target but Craig Gordon made the save before rebound scrambled clear. Couldn’t be faulted for effort and while that should be a minimum requirement it is more than can be said of most of team-mates. 5

Pretty much nail on head.

15 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

It depends on what your expectations were.

For 60k he's done well. 

He had a good season along with Halliday in midfield for most of their first season in the Championship.

But it's unfair on both us and Holt that we have never really sorted a decent midfield and he keeps getting thurst in and being out of his depth.

Seriously limited footballer, but he's probably the best central midfielder we have. Just let that sink in for an idea as to our problems ....

I've always liked Holt as he always tries his best and has shown he's a good man but we seriously require an upgrade in quality to compete. He's a good un but seriously we need a clear out of almost this entire squad. The incoming manager has some job on his hands but it can be done with the right amount of funds and the right man at the helm.

25 minutes ago, BEE said:

Tin hat on here but for a guy who joined us from Hearts after rejecting a contract on seriously reduced terms he has exceeded expectations. Probably the only outfield player today I'd give anywhere near pass marks.

Sadly he doesn't have the physicality or frankly the talent to be anything other than a squad player in a successful Rangers team, but if he leaves he's one of the few that can do so with his head held high knowing he gave it a fair bash but just wasn't good enough.

Only cunt that tried and cared yesterday imo.

Lacks the physicality to be part of our midfield next season.  Holt, Halliday, and Winass, as a midfield 3 are one of the key reasons we've failed at any attempt to play a 4-3-3 over the last few years.  They lack ability, physicality, and Windass just can't be arsed defending.  Throw guys like Kranjcar, Barrie McKay, and Waghorn in there and it's no wonder our midfield was overrun.

I do think Candeais and Murphy are a step in the right direction.  Certainly improvements on McKay and Waghorn in those wide areas.  However, the midfield 3 need to be looked at and fixed once and for all.  We need players with physicality and who are very competitive by nature to ensure we win those midfield battles next season.

28 minutes ago, BEE said:

Tin hat on here but for a guy who joined us from Hearts after rejecting a contract on seriously reduced terms he has exceeded expectations. Probably the only outfield player today I'd give anywhere near pass marks.

Sadly he doesn't have the physicality or frankly the talent to be anything other than a squad player in a successful Rangers team, but if he leaves he's one of the few that can do so with his head held high knowing he gave it a fair bash but just wasn't good enough.

He isn't good enough by a long long way but he gives some decent effort 

Probabaly looks better as the players around him were showing none 

Final ball let him down again too but cant fault his effort. I like him and he was one of our better players when he had a spell in the team earlier in the season. Unfortunately he isn't the answer going forward as much as I'd like him to be.

25 minutes ago, TMB said:

Lacks the physicality to be part of our midfield next season.  Holt, Halliday, and Winass, as a midfield 3 are one of the key reasons we've failed at any attempt to play a 4-3-3 over the last few years.  They lack ability, physicality, and Windass just can't be arsed defending.  Throw guys like Kranjcar, Barrie McKay, and Waghorn in there and it's no wonder our midfield was overrun.

I do think Candeais and Murphy are a step in the right direction.  Certainly improvements on McKay and Waghorn in those wide areas.  However, the midfield 3 need to be looked at and fixed once and for all.  We need players with physicality and who are very competitive by nature to ensure we win those midfield battles next season.

Candeias is one of the biggest shitebags in that team, and can fuck off whenever he likes horrible cunt of a guy