Jason Holt

BEE

Just now, TMB said:

Holt isn't good enough to play for Rangers you admit that much yourself.  The point of a squad is having a players who can come in and do a job if the first-team regulars are injured or suspended.  Why keep Holt around who isn't good enough and who has proven over the last two years that he should be nowhere near central midfield? 

Ok let me rephrase - there's numerous other players we should be getting shot of before him.

It's not that easy to just get rid of a whole squad who have long contracts. If he stays because he's contracted here and no one else wants him I wouldn't see it as being an awful thing, he can do a job if need be against your Partick's and Hamilton's to come on near the end of games etc.

Just now, five stars said:

Candeias attempted challenge before their second goal in the last game must be one of the most pathetic attempts at a tackle I've ever seen. 

But maybe your right, there better than the league average. Is that good enough for you?

You're highlighting one incident as if that in isolation as if that cancels out all the good work he's done this season - It doesn't work that way.  celtic got pumped 4-0 off Hearts you could look at that game and write off their entire first-team but it would be a bit silly, wouldn't it?  Try to look at the picture as a whole it'll stand you in better stead.

Candeias he's been one of the best attacking wide players in the league this season.  That's good enough for me.  

9 minutes ago, TMB said:

You're highlighting one incident as if that in isolation as if that cancels out all the good work he's done this season - It doesn't work that way.  celtic got pumped 4-0 off Hearts you could look at that game and write off their entire first-team but it would be a bit silly, wouldn't it?  Try to look at the picture as a whole it'll stand you in better stead.

Candeias he's been one of the best attacking wide players in the league this season.  That's good enough for me.  

What doesn't work that way? Backing up an argument with examples? 

Candeias is a very average player who canny beat a man, and is poor defensively. ( which  was clearly evident in both of the recent old firm games).

He's a squad player at best, we're better taking him out and playing another midfielder, where we've been regularly outnumbered.

1 minute ago, JC10 said:

Ok let me rephrase - there's numerous other players we should be getting shot of before him.

It's not that easy to just get rid of a whole squad who have long contracts. If he stays because he's contracted here and no one else wants him I wouldn't see it as being an awful thing, he can do a job if need be against your Partick's and Hamilton's to come on near the end of games etc.

I imagine the DoF will have a long list of players he's looking to move on in the summer.  I'd be surprised if Holt wasn't on that list.  Our central midfield is one of the main reasons we've failed so horribly over the last 2 years and guys like Holt who have been mainstays in there can't be allowed to continue.

celtic have big physical players in front of their defence in Brown and Ntcham.  They look about 3 stone heavier than Holt and that's the type of physicality we need in midfield.  Holt was often criticised by Sheffield United fans for a lack of physicality and they were absolutely correct.  We need physicality, competitiveness, and more ability in that central midfield area next season.  

11 minutes ago, TMB said:

I'm glad that you're happy with above league average players otherwise you'd of spend much of this season being pissed off like i have.

Above league average doesn't cut it for me. I presume you'll be happy if we finish 4th as that well above league average?

3 minutes ago, five stars said:

What doesn't work that way? Backing up an argument with examples? 

Candeias is a very average player who canny beat a man, and is poor defensively. ( which  was clearly evident in both of the recent old firm games).

He's a squad player at best, we're better taking him out and playing another midfielder, where we've been regularly outnumbered.

He's been great all season.  I could give you at least 16 examples of him creating or scoring a goal against various teams in the top-tier.  If he's a squad player I can't wait to see who the fuck we replace him with :lol:

Just now, five stars said:

I'm glad that you're happy with above league average players otherwise you'd of spend much of this season being pissed off like i have.

Above league average doesn't cut it for me. I presume you'll be happy if we finish 4th as that well above league average?

We have arguably the best right sided wide man in the league I'm more than happy with him.  He's had a great first season with us and I'm, looking forward to him building on that under a better manager.  

1 minute ago, TMB said:

He's been great all season.  I could give you at least 16 examples of him creating or scoring a goal against various teams in the top-tier.  If he's a squad player I can't wait to see who the fuck we replace him with :lol:

"He's been great of season" lol.

Your either at the wynd-up or deluded if you think he's been great ALL season.

So you'd describe his performance against them as great?

1 minute ago, five stars said:

"He's been great of season" lol.

Your either at the wynd-up or deluded if you think he's been great ALL season.

So you'd describe his performance against them as great?

His performance against them yesterday doesn't constitute the entirety of a league season.  We're 35 games in to the season and Candeias, for the most part, has been great which is why he was offered that new contract.  He's offered us a real threat in attack as his assists and goals show.  Also, his tracking back and high press has been a real asset to us defensively and guys like Tavernier have benefitted hugely from that. 

16 minutes ago, TMB said:

Great all season?That's laughable, I've been at every away game this season (apart from yesterday) and apart from 1 game he's been shite . He can't play on a tight park can't beat a man ,no wonder he's played in 6/7 different countries the classic journeyman player. 

6 minutes ago, Ivybank said:

Great all season?That's laughable, I've been at every away game this season (apart from yesterday) and apart from 1 game he's been shite .

You may go to games regularly but sadly you know fuck all about football.

19 minutes ago, Ivybank said:

The old resorting  to insults, when your stumped what to say?

It's not an ad hominem approach I'm taking it's simple deduction.  You said of Daniel Candeias - "this season...apart from 1 game he's been shite".  That claim is so wildly inaccurate I would normally suggest you watch more of our games but you claim to attend regularly.  If you do attend regularly then you're failing to accurately interpret events on the pitch.  Ergo, you may go to games regularly but sadly you know fuck all about football.

2 hours ago, TMB said:

Yours is the minority opinion.  Candeias has been excellent this season and I was glad to see him get that new contract.  Looking forward to seeing him next season under a better manager surrounded by better players.  

He’s no been excellent at all, no one has. He gets overrated because he tracks back and defends well, would be good if he done it consistently with that Tarrier bastard Tierney 

Holt can't be faulted for effort or heart. But he's limited as a footballer and his lack of physical presence will see him overrun.

I would be looking to move him on as we need much better in midfield.

The scum have Lego and Ntcham in the middle and our current midfield have shown they can't compete with that physicality. Watch how many times our players are bullied off the ball.

We need big competitive midfielders that can dominate the middle. Holt isn't going to be that player.

We've been linked with james mcarthur & youssouf mulumbu. Put those 2 in the middle and we will be a lot more competitive.

1 hour ago, TMB said:

It's not an ad hominem approach I'm taking it's simple deduction.  You said of Daniel Candeias - "this season...apart from 1 game he's been shite".  That claim is so wildly inaccurate I would normally suggest you watch more of our games but you claim to attend regularly.  If you do attend regularly then you're failing to accurately interpret events on the pitch.  Ergo, you may go to games regularly but sadly you know fuck all about football.

1 AWAY game, can you not read? Tell me what away games he's been good(that you've seen, if any)