Our squad

If any one of us performed so poorly in our jobs we'd be shown the door. 

Looking at this list, do we have a case to get rid of the lot? We need players with a winning mentality and I don't see any of what's required for 55 currently.

Wes Foderingham

James Tavernier

Declan John

Fábio Cardoso

Lee Wallace

Ryan Jack

Kenny Miller

Graham Dorrans

Josh Windass

Joe Dodoo

Eduardo Herrera

Andy Halliday

Lee Hodson

Jordan Rossiter

Alfredo Morelos

Daniel Candeias

Bruno Alves

Jason Holt

Jak Alnwick

Jason Cummings

Sean Goss

Jamie Murphy

Michael O'Halloran

Russell Martin

Ross McCrorie

Greg Docherty

Carlos Peña

id keep

John, Holt, Jack, Windass and Cummings

and thats being generous, i like Holt and Cummings  and Jack, id tolerate the otbers. The rest can go. Tav was on that list till today but hes just another shite bag

id rather keep some of them and get rid of the board and get and actual manager with qualifications for the job but im a nutcase and its ridiculous to hope that one day sooner than later we wont be a rudderless ship but us loonies can dream

At the moment I would drop them all in a bin and set it on fire. 

Realistically, we can't get rid of them all, so I am going to keep who I think is salvageable with a decent manager in place:

Declan John

Ryan Jack

Graham Dorrans

Josh Windass

Alfredo Morelos

Daniel Candeias

Jason Holt

Jak Alnwick

Jason Cummings

Jamie Murphy

Ross McCrorie

Greg Docherty

We have a big bunch of players that I'd be telling right now they have no future and they can find another club or train in a group themselves away from the team.

Don't give the next manager the hassle or any wee groups forming trying to undermine him if he has to do it.

The better ones we'll need to see if the next manager can work with them and if they get better with better players around them (if we actually manage to sign better) because we simply arent signing another full team.

Realistically, we can't replace the entire squad.  We'll need to keep a large number of them and hope the next manager can get more out of them.

Tavernier, John, Wallace, Dorrans, Morelos, Candeias, Alves, Cummings, Murphy, and Docherty are about all I'd keep.  The rest can go.

6 hours ago, Walter-of-Smith said:

If any one of us performed so poorly in our jobs we'd be shown the door. 

Looking at this list, do we have a case to get rid of the lot? We need players with a winning mentality and I don't see any of what's required for 55 currently.

Wes Foderingham

James Tavernier

Declan John

Fábio Cardoso

Lee Wallace

Ryan Jack

Kenny Miller

Graham Dorrans

Josh Windass

Joe Dodoo

Eduardo Herrera

Andy Halliday

Lee Hodson

Jordan Rossiter

Alfredo Morelos

Daniel Candeias

Bruno Alves

Jason Holt

Jak Alnwick

Jason Cummings

Sean Goss

Jamie Murphy

Michael O'Halloran

Russell Martin

Ross McCrorie

Greg Docherty

Carlos Peña

After the recent statements from the board and the SG stories I think they know they're on there way out. I think the board are just looking to find ways to end their contracts.

SACK THE BOARD

5 hours ago, bluebloodbear said:

At the moment I would drop them all in a bin and set it on fire. 

Realistically, we can't get rid of them all, so I am going to keep who I think is salvageable with a decent manager in place:

Declan John

Ryan Jack

Graham Dorrans

Josh Windass

Alfredo Morelos

Daniel Candeias

Jason Holt

Jak Alnwick

Jason Cummings

Jamie Murphy

Ross McCrorie

Greg Docherty

Tbf that would be pretty much all I would consider keeping as well.  In the case of windass and morelos they would only be kept with a view of getting as much cash as possible in the summer. 

I seen Notts forrest were in for foderingham, wonder if we could do a deal for Cummings.  Hopeful gerrard or whoever comes in plays with 2 strikers. 

3 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

None of them are good enough. 

You could maybe keep a handful of them and they might improve when played next to much much better players around them. 

Or we get a much much better level of manager. 

I genuinely think a better level of manager would have got more out of that squad, how much though I'm not sure but being honest I think a better manager would have just been papering over the cracks as many of, if not all those players bar a small handful should never be near the club at all in any capacity let alone guaranteed first team picks. 

None of them have shown they want to play for our team. If the board have anything going for them, today they should be making a statement saying that they will listen to offers for any Rangers 1st team squad player. See if the spineless bastards will play for their career albeit not with us. Goes without saying, if Murty doesn't have his p45 with yet another payout for yet another dud then the board needs lynched.

Is a depressing list . 

Rossiter,Pena should be got rid of now. I have no faith in ever getting anything from them. They are same as niko was. 

Wallace and miller as well. They are past it tho mean well.

Tav I would get rid of as I think we need to go 532and he is not that good as a full back. 

alves and Martin- bullet. Cannot be relied upon.

The others I would want a new manager to take a look at and assess during a training camp. Do they fit into has planned approach and structure?  No new contracts for these guys if they expire in meantime other than pay per game tho.

We can't just bin a whole squad until we have a plan for how the game should be played. We have shown promise this season. Just not consistently.

20 minutes ago, crazy bob swollenbaws said:

Is a depressing list . 

Rossiter,Pena should be got rid of now. I have no faith in ever getting anything from them. They are same as niko was. 

Wallace and miller as well. They are past it tho mean well.

Tav I would get rid of as I think we need to go 532and he is not that good as a full back. 

alves and Martin- bullet. Cannot be relied upon.

The others I would want a new manager to take a look at and assess during a training camp. Do they fit into has planned approach and structure?  No new contracts for these guys if they expire in meantime other than pay per game tho.

We can't just bin a whole squad until we have a plan for how the game should be played. We have shown promise this season. Just not consistently.

You think we should play 532 and get rid of two attacking fullbacks? Hmm not quite sure what to say about that tbh. 

7 hours ago, MasterD said:

We have a big bunch of players that I'd be telling right now they have no future and they can find another club or train in a group themselves away from the team.

Don't give the next manager the hassle or any wee groups forming trying to undermine him if he has to do it.

The better ones we'll need to see if the next manager can work with them and if they get better with better players around them (if we actually manage to sign better) because we simply arent signing another full team.

I sometimes wonder whether some (and that’s a list which changes from one week to the next) would look better with someone of higher quality alongside them.

Then you see 2 performances like yesterday & Hampden & you realise that this bunch has no redeeming qualities whatsoever.

Too tainted with failure, as many 4-goal plus defeats in 2 seasons as we would normally get in decades - the whole lot must be purged.

I know we can’t afford that, but it’s what it needs.

48 minutes ago, Howsitgoing said:

None of them have shown they want to play for our team. If the board have anything going for them, today they should be making a statement saying that they will listen to offers for any Rangers 1st team squad player. See if the spineless bastards will play for their career albeit not with us. Goes without saying, if Murty doesn't have his p45 with yet another payout for yet another dud then the board needs lynched.

Won’t be much of a payout for Murty as he was only initially appointed to the end of the season (arguably, it’s ended already....).

Dunno where that leaves us re his youth team gig -can’t imagine he’d be on mega-bucks for that.