Barry Ferguson - “It hurt seeing what celtic players did...”

.Williamson.

7 hours ago, big blue Fin said:

Barry might be capable of burying the hatchet when it comes to the Lego muncher and the lurkin lurgan bigot but he wouldn't have been scared by them or been slow to upend either one in a game. There's no commiment like that in the Rangers midfield just now.

No commitment like that in the entire club.

8 hours ago, K.A.I said:

I'm not denying that but my point is, the actions of guys like Griffiths and Brown is a product and consequence of guys like Barry Ferguson, Rae, DJ, Derek Ferguson, Dodds, Butcher etc in the media and the the Scottish footballing circles not defending us like Rangers men should and allowing an environment of hate to spiral out of control ...this hasn't happened overnight and it's ironic as Ferguson is hurting and can't see it.

Is this not kind of the point that Barry is making though?

If we had a team of winners (players that are truly hurt and try to right their wrongs) then results (or at least a bit of desire & passion on show) would then dictate how choice celtic players behave. We've had players acting up to our fans at the expense of them, their doing it to us, to only way to change that is by results.

I can't agree 100% that hatred is spiralling out of control, contempt has always been there, but our performances spiralling out of control by lack of commitment, desire & passion like that of the very men in the media you talk about, well that's the issue. It's always been about bragging rights, and right now their bragging, only results will change that.

Unfortunately for us, we have a board(s) that have stunted our progression of were we should be by now because we do have a sense of entitlement and rightly so, but until that is matched on the park, the fans suffer the consequences. 

7 minutes ago, Weird_Beard said:

Is this not kind of the point that Barry is making though?

If we had a team of winners (players that are truly hurt and try to right their wrongs) then results (or at least a bit of desire & passion on show) would then dictate how choice celtic players behave. We've had players acting up to our fans at the expense of them, their doing it to us, to only way to change that is by results.

I can't agree 100% that hatred is spiralling out of control, contempt has always been there, but our performances spiralling out of control by lack of commitment, desire & passion like that of the very men in the media you talk about, well that's the issue. It's always been about bragging rights, and right now their bragging, only results will change that.

Unfortunately for us, we have a board(s) that have stunted our progression of were we should be by now because we do have a sense of entitlement and rightly so, but until that is matched on the park, the fans suffer the consequences. 

You are wrong there.

Kids getting bottled at Hampden two fixtures on the trot.
Buses getting ambushed at the lights at Govan and fans assaulted last month.
Old men getting assaulted in the pubs, unprovoked at Bridgeton Cross off them various points in recent years.
Likewise the Dalmarnock in after the 0-0 game in December.
They set fire to Ibrox and tried to burn the stand down at a youth game in recent years.
They were planning on breaking into the Ibrox trophy room.
Griffiths blowing his nose on Rangers corner flags and scarfs.

and last but not least, I have literally lost count of the amount of attacks and jibes at the club from Brown, Griffith's and Lustig the past couple of years. It's almost weekly now.

If that was someone in charge of them like Billy McNeill he would have that lot transfer listed for constantly bringing their club into disrepute with their lack of class and petty hatred that's escalating. 

He was the last manager they had with an ounce of class with the exception of maybe Wim Jansen.

10 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

You are wrong there.

Kids getting bottled at Hampden two fixtures on the trot.
Buses getting ambushed at the lights at Govan and fans assaulted last month.
Old men getting assaulted in the pubs, unprovoked at Bridgeton Cross off them various points in recent years.
Likewise the Dalmarnock in after the 0-0 game in December.
They set fire to Ibrox and tried to burn the stand down at a youth game in recent years.
They were planning on breaking into the Ibrox trophy room.
Griffiths blowing his nose on Rangers corner flags and scarfs.

and last but not least, I have literally lost count of the amount of attacks and jibes at the club from Brown, Griffith's and Lustig the past couple of years. It's almost weekly now.

If that was someone in charge of them like Billy McNeill he would have that lost transfer listed for constantly bringing their club into disrepute with their lack of class and petty hatred that's escalating. 

He was the last manager they had with an ounce of class with the exception of maybe Wim Jansen.

I not sure that means its getting worse, violence has always been an issue. Just stating my opinion because I haven't checked the history of violence behind it, you may be right, but then we need to factor in external factors like policing etc... for a concrete conclusion.

And I also agreed that their classless behaviour is becoming more recurring, but the point I'm making, in line with Barry's, is that it is perpetuated by our dismal showings on the park against them.

We need to take the chips off their table and move them on to our table, there's only one way to do that.

2 minutes ago, Weird_Beard said:

I not sure that means its getting worse, violence has always been an issue. Just stating my opinion because I haven't checked the history of violence behind it, you may be right, but then we need to factor in external factors like policing etc... for a concrete conclusion.

And I also agreed that their classless behaviour is becoming more recurring, but the point I'm making, in line with Barry's, is that it is perpetuated by our dismal showings on the park against them.

We need to take the chips off their table and move them on to our table, there's only one way to do that.

Before my time but it was bad in the 70's and 80's ... non existent in the 90's and 00's ... it's exploded last few years - trust me. 

and a lot of us don't even hear most of it either. 

4 minutes ago, Weird_Beard said:

Been on many a bus that had it's windows put in during the 80's & 90's

80's were before my time but I've been going literally everywhere everyweek since the early 90's and the bother I always seen was at Easter Road rather than Old Firm games but they've got worse these last few years. They are uncontrolable ... absolute fucking animals ... how anyone can say it's not took a burst/spike and got worse than it was in recent years, even maybe 20 years before is baffling to me. 

18 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

80's were before my time but I've been going literally everywhere everyweek since the early 90's and the bother I always seen was at Easter Road rather than Old Firm games but they've got worse these last few years. They are uncontrolable ... absolute fucking animals ... how anyone can say it's not took a burst/spike and got worse than it was in recent years, even maybe 20 years before is baffling to me. 

Like I said, you may be correct. Like Barry said and what I do know, is that it hurts being trounced. 

Our players doing the huddle in 99 at their ground after being warned by the police was good though eh? If we want those bragging rights back, and rubs their noses in it again, a proper, steadfast structure must be implemented now and adhered too, to put the quality on the pitch to do that. 

1 minute ago, Weird_Beard said:

Like I said, you may be correct. Like Barry said and what I do know, is that it hurts being trounced. 

Our players doing the huddle in 99 at their ground after being warned by the police was good though eh? If we want those bragging rights back, and rubs their noses in it again, a proper, steadfast structure must be implemented now and adhered too to put the quality on the pitch to do that. 

aye ok Paddy

1 minute ago, Weird_Beard said:

Our players doing the huddle in 99 at their ground after being warned by the police was good though eh? If we want those bragging rights back, and rubs their noses in it again, a proper, steadfast structure must be implemented now and adhered too, to put the quality on the pitch to do that. 

I agree they need put in their boxes and you do that by winning and beating them. That's the way it has to be.

But their behaviour has spiked in recent years. Maybe social media booms play a part too as you see a lot of it but they are no doubt getting worse. They will kill a Bluenose if the coppers don't clamp down on them properly. They know their pubs, their hang outs, they let them walk through certain areas going nuts. It needs to stop.

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

I agree they need put in their boxes and you do that by winning and beating them. That's the way it has to be.

But their behaviour has spiked in recent years. Maybe social media booms play a part too as you see a lot of it but they are no doubt getting worse. They will kill a Bluenose if the coppers don't clamp down on them properly. They know their pubs, their hang outs, they let them walk through certain areas going nuts. It needs to stop.

A very valid point. Social Media is despicable for it, so it would only be natural I guess for that to have an adverse reaction on thoughts and behaviour. Our plight has also made us a target too.

And as i said earlier , I'm not saying there hasn't been any violence, I was saying there was always violence but you've convinced me, maybe it is worse.