Murty Sacked - Confirmed

They clearly want the replacement lined up so we can frame it as "thank you for your stewardship, Graeme, but here's the new permanent manager" rather than "Graeme was such a spectacular misstep we've had to fire him from an interim position". 

• Replies 549
  • Created
  • Last Reply

'The club are delighted to announce Graeme Murty has been appointed as permanent Manager with a 3 year contract. Having assessed all the available options the Board unanimously agreed that Graeme's hard work and dedication, coupled with a marked improvement in performances and results justified our faith in his ability. Graeme will be handed significant transfer funds this Summer and we are confident he will bring in the required calibre of player to have Rangers Football Club once again challenging for domestic honours coupled with improved European performances'. 

© Stewart Robertson 01/05/18

Just now, the brown brogue said:

'The club are delighted to announce Graeme Murty has been appointed as permanent Manager with a 3 year contract. Having assessed all the available options the Board unanimously agreed that Graeme's hard work and dedication, coupled with a marked improvement in performances and results justified our faith in his ability. Graeme will be handed significant transfer funds this Summer and we are confident he will bring in the required calibre of player to have Rangers Football Club once again challenging for domestic honours coupled with improved European performances'. 

:cup:

1 minute ago, the brown brogue said:

That........could almost be real, so it’s not funny 

:lol:

I'd imagine he's had enough anyway. Looks more and more feart as the weeks pass.

Hopefully enough of the deadwood are suffering from similar levels of fear such that they'll accept pay cuts in order to get as far away from their living nightmare as they can.

I really feel sorry for Murty, he has been totally hung out to dry by king and his cronies to deflect the anger at them. He didn’t want this job, he was doing a fine job with the under 20’s and forced to take the first team. I’d really like for him to go back to his old job but feel he won’t want to, and who would blame him after the despicable way the club have treated him. Which manager in their right mind would want the job looking at the way the club is being run and how we treat our employees. 

7 minutes ago, the brown brogue said:

You forgot to add in ahead of curve

3 minutes ago, Tearjerker said:

I really feel sorry for Murty, he has been totally hung out to dry by king and his cronies to deflect the anger at them. He didn’t want this job, he was doing a fine job with the under 20’s and forced to take the first team. I’d really like for him to go back to his old job but feel he won’t want to, and who would blame him after the despicable way the club have treated him. Which manager in their right mind would want the job looking at the way the club is being run and how we treat our employees. 

:taig:

42 minutes ago, OneDavidCooper said:

It hasn't worked out for Graeme but I don't understand the personal abuse he gets on here and certainly don't think it's justified. He goes with my best wishes and hopefully on to better things because overall he has been treated disgracefully.

He gets abuse because he’s a spineless shitebag who’s taken over McCoist as the worst manager in our history IMO. He’s treated the fans disgracefully with his inept team selections, substitutions and complete lack of bottle or conviction. The guys a fucking loser and a soft touch. He’ll never make it as a manager. 

5 minutes ago, Tearjerker said:

Living up to your username, given that I'm welling up here after reading that pish. Murty wanted the job, make no mistake about that.

For starters pal,  he did want the job, if you’re a Bear you must be living on another planet.

Nobody forced him to take it. He was asked to take it and he accepted. 

36 minutes ago, OneDavidCooper said:

It hasn't worked out for Graeme but I don't understand the personal abuse he gets on here and certainly don't think it's justified. He goes with my best wishes and hopefully on to better things because overall he has been treated disgracefully.

He's been treated disgracefully? Her watched a team go out in a national semi final and not try and refused to say anything to them about it, the man's a spineless gutless coward. Fuck him.

35 minutes ago, OneDavidCooper said:

Absolutely spot on.

17 minutes ago, the brown brogue said:

You forgot to add that they are lining up a testimonial game against his heroes celtic as a thank you..... ?

1 minute ago, jintybear said:

Nobody forced him to take it. He was asked to take it and he accepted. 

Thats how its been played but I wonder if thats the real truth. After the McInnes fiasco he may have felt he had no option at the time. He had started well and, possibly, thought it would carry on that way. He had said numerous times previously he was happy in the role he had. If he hadn't accepted where did that leave him and the club (given the initial positivity).

The Board is entirely responsible for the current situation. Murty is, clearly, struggling but they shouldn't have put him in such an onerous position. 

I expect a big announcement in the next 48 hours:

"Jimmy Nicholl and Kenny Miller appointed till end of season as temporary manager and assistant, with options on new three year contract if they keep our current points tally intact and don't annoy the players too much." 

39 minutes ago, OneDavidCooper said:

Absolutely mate, he’s been treated terribly. All the best to him in whichever job he gets next. 

Archived