Steven Gerrard MBE - New Manager

Wullie72

7 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

It is beyond your comprehension because the point is that unqualified is unqualified ... we are a big club and that hypothetical law firm is a big business ... big clubs, businesses and respected institutions don't make their most important appointments people who are unqualified. 

That's why the point is beyond your comprehension, clearly ... the same way as what I've said above will fall on deaf ears too because you have convinced yourself you are right when you aren't.

Care to tell me how someone who manages an under 18's youth team is qualified for our job considering where we are at right now. 

Pretty much is "end of story" just because you don't don't like being told it doesn't mean it's untrue.

I actually haven't convinced myself I'm right. I have reservations also. That being said football isn't like other industries. It's actually a lot simpler, despite what those involved would have us believe. 

This isn't the impossible job it's being made out to be. We're the biggest club in a country of nothing clubs. The all conquering media darlings have players like Boyata and Lustig in their starting 11. They've been beaten by Kilmarnock and Hearts this year. 

We need a competent manager who will sign decent players, instil discipline and motivate them. It's not rocket science. I certainly don't believe it needs a manager with 15 years experience to do it.

We could all see before the last Old Firm that Mccrorie and Holt needed to play CM to give us strength and energy. None of us are seasoned managers. It's just football. Most of it is common sense. 

• Replies 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

Because they are fucking pish and from teams who have worse records in Europe than us. There's very little talent in Scotland to make it a priority market is both laughable and baffling.

So you really think Signing top talents like Kris Doolan and Ryan Edwards shouldn’t be a priority?

25 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

Have we not had enough gambles ? Do we really want another ?

I hope it works but I said that with the previous muppets.

This board have learned nothing from the Murray years, they are still gambling with the club and it’s future when a safe pair of managerial hands are needed.

I get that argument, but who is that safe pair of hands? 

4 minutes ago, gsa said:

I actually haven't convinced myself I'm right. I have reservations also. That being said football isn't like other industries. It's actually a lot simpler, despite what those involved would have us believe. 

This isn't the impossible job it's being made out to be. We're the biggest club in a country of nothing clubs. The all conquering media darlings have players like Boyata and Lustig in their starting 11. They've been beaten by Kilmarnock and Hearts this year. 

We need a competent manager who will sign decent players, instil discipline and motivate them. It's not rocket science. I certainly don't believe it needs a manager with 15 years experience to do it.

We could all see before the last Old Firm that Mccrorie and Holt needed to play CM to give us strength and energy. None of us are seasoned managers. It's just football. Most of it is common sense. 

Believe it or not I'm still on the fence ... I am playing devils advocate and getting far too drawn in .... all I am saying is that he's not qualified for the job we need done ... could he prove doubters wrong and learn fast and be a gamble that pays off? absolutely ... but it's still a gamble because he's unqualified as it stands, I don't think that's unresonable.

So if Gerrard is targeting or sounding out players, where does that leave Mark Allen ?

I also wonder how long the media in Scotland will give him before trying to make him look like a  diddy If he doesn’t get off to a flying start

The best of luck to him he’ll need it working in the cesspit of Scottish football.

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

Believe it or not I'm still on the fence ... I am playing devils advocate and getting far too drawn in .... all I am saying is that he's not qualified for the job we need done ... could be prove doubters wrong and learn fast and be a gamble that pays off? absolutely ... but it's still a gamble because he's unqualified as it stands, I don't think that's unresonable.

I hear what you're saying but we could get a more experienced guy in and still nothing is guaranteed. 

We have no way of predicting results or outcomes but I do think he'll add a bit of dig, edge, competitiveness whatever you like to call it. That'll do for starters. 

2 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

So if Gerrard is targeting or sounding out players, where does that leave Mark Allen ?

I also wonder how long the media in Scotland will give him before trying to make him look like a  diddy If he doesn’t get off to a flying start

The best of luck to him he’ll need it working in the cesspit of Scottish football.

I think he'll bite back at them if they do that. One thing he will have is massive goodwill media wise down south. The ex-Liverpool clique are very prominent in the media and they'll be supporting him. 

4 minutes ago, gsa said:

I hear what you're saying but we could get a more experienced guy in and still nothing is guaranteed. 

We have no way of predicting results or outcomes but I do think he'll add a bit of dig, edge, competitiveness whatever you like to call it. That'll do for starters. 

As I've said before (and at the risk of sounding bi-polar after my previous half a dozen posts) there is some benefits to having him.

Players will respect him and what he's done in the game and want to play for someone like that. Which is probably 90% of the problem our team has right now - there's no leaders or backbone and most of all they aren't accountable to anyone as Murty is a caretaker and doesn't command anything from them.

Some people disagree, but I think he will be able to attract better players or at the very least the better players would be interested in what he has to say/give a potential move to us the benefit of the doubt.

And thirdly, something BlueAvenger said yesterday that having someone like him, with his prestige and renoun would automatically cancel out some of the brand toxicity that King, Robertson, Mini, Dickson, Park Jnr etc has done with their actions and wrong decisions. That could be a big thing going forward for a lot of different reasons.

But... but but but ... there's still the over-riding factor of the in-experience and the gamble aspect. 

But (and again I've said this a few times so I apologise for boring everyone by repeating myself) I do think once it's confirmed, after a few days I think I will start to get on board with it. Maybe more fool me but I think it will grow on me.

Archived