Steven Gerrard MBE - New Manager

Wullie72

1 hour ago, K.A.I said:

and he's another I don't trust. I'd rather Gerrard signed his own players and dictated his own transfer policy. I trust him more.

1 hour ago, ChrisMcb said:

Defo think Gerrard will have his own ideas about who he wants.  Hopefully they work together can only be a positive 

He will and im sure he'll have a big say but financially it wont be gerrard spunking cash, allen will have a budget, gerrard will identify positions he wants filled and with what characteristics, allen and his team then identify affordable targets that meet gerrards request, then its up to gerrard to choose one

• Replies 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

See the sun are claiming he’s torn. Considering they broke it I’d be more inclined to go with them 

Aye . They're saying , according to reports down south , it's a 50/50 chance it'll go through . 

9 hours ago, Sasa'onlyPLGsuccess'Papac said:

Fair enough if you don't want him as manager but with all the media coverage about it and the McInnes fiasco if Gerrard is not appointed would be a major embarrassment for the club.

Surely no fan would want that for us at this current time??

We set ourselves up to be laughed at by approaching absolute nobodies like McInnes and Gerrard in the first fucking place. 

Surely no fan wants us to replace a youth coach with another youth coach? 

Forget the name Steven Gerrard, forget what he achieved as a player. 

What has he done as the coach of Liverpool under 18's to merit being in charge of Rangers Football Club?

Somebody please tell me :headwall:

8 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

We set ourselves up to be laughed at by approaching absolute nobodies like McInnes and Gerrard in the first fucking place. 

Surely no fan wants us to replace a youth coach with another youth coach? 

Forget the name Steven Gerrard, forget what he achieved as a player. 

What has he done as the coach of Liverpool under 18's to merit being in charge of Rangers Football Club?

Somebody please tell me :headwall:

But he's a huge name and his signing might be aimed at attracting a better class of player.  In itself, that might do the job, whether he's a great coach or a mediocre one.

5 minutes ago, Charlie Peace said:

But he's a huge name and his signing might be aimed at attracting a better class of player.  In itself, that might do the job, whether he's a great coach or a mediocre one.

success = very good manager managing mediocre players

joke = mediocre manager managing very good players

what don't you understand?

6 hours ago, Walter-of-Smith said:

My Mum's partner is from Eastbourne. I've also got family in nearby Bexhill on Sea:tu:

Agreed. There's a Scouser i know and he's legit a full mongo:belm:

??? eastbourne is pretty much full of taigs and scousers. They are all full mongos 

8 minutes ago, Charlie Peace said:

And how is he going to manage these better class of players if he's never done it before? 

Has he went the distance and actually won something as a manager yet? 

Does he know what it takes to win a league title as a manager? 

Why are we giving out another apprenticeship when the tarriers can win their 8th title on the trot next season and only one away from 9IAR?

5 hours ago, Paulbrian11 said:

I started off sceptical about this but now I’m really excited about it. The thing for me is I don’t think he’d come here if he wasn’t assured there would be funds available.

Either way it’s far more exciting than McInnes or Clarke or some cunt.

Agreed with everything about your post to the Clarke bit, have a word with yourself, give Clarke the same funds then as less a gamble. 

Archived