Steven Gerrard MBE - New Manager

Wullie72

Just now, rabc10000 said:

No need for strikers as we have torres and sturridge coming to play for gerrard. 

Joking aside I think morelos will be sold in the summer and we will sign Cummings permanently along with a younger English based striker.  Also have a feeling that Dodoo may turn up and put in a shift with gerrard being here. 

Would love nothing more than morelos to bag the winner today.  Guy gets so much stick when in reality I don't think he's an out and out striker but more a link up man but due to our formation is our only proper goal threat

Correct mate the scum slag him off for being gash hopefully make the cunts eat their words today.

• Replies 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Roddy Forsyth on radio this morning claiming that three issues have still to be resolved although none appear to be insurmountable, and the issue of the transfer budget and players' wages has already been settled. Still, I would not be surprised if SG decides against the move, in the same way he did when apparently on the verge of a transfer from Liverpool to Chelsea all those years ago.  

17 minutes ago, rabc10000 said:

I was just saying that to a friend last night who was to say excited is an understatement.  Wouldn't surprise me in the least if gerrard knocks us back and we go with murty again next season

Murty again would be an absolute travesty. Has shown time and again he doesn’t have anything like what it takes to be the Gaffer.

Not even this board are that stupid.

They’ve just discussed it on Sunday supplement. Interesting to hear the unbiased journalists points of view. 

Points to highlight

1. If SG comes to Rangers , they have more work to do as they’ll need to come up and report on it. It’s all about the Rangers as they’re not reporting on Brenda!

2. If it’s a straight choice between Rangers and them, then players will choose Rangers because of the intrigue and chance to be our Marquee signing playing for SG. 

3. SG will want to get one over on Brenda after the way he was treated. 

4. It’s like Liverpool are sending SG out on loan and are going to continue supporting him as he has a good relationship with Klopp. Liverpool will want to send us their best kids on loan. 

Talking about SG on Sunday Supplement there ,saying it would be a great move for him as it's probably looked at along the lines of a loan away from Pool because he could go back there directly from us as manager because of our size and expectation  unlike if he was at MK Dons or a Cambridge 

42 minutes ago, BILLYBOY50 said:

Your right mate but to be honest I want our defence sorted out first like souness done when he first became manager. Then get a couple of out and out goalscorers in. I think we have players in the midfield they just need managed correctly.

Yes, you’re not wrong re priorities.

Just some games we’re footering around, going from side to side & you’re hoping somebody would just smash one!

Never seen a team play it back out wide again, from good positions in front of the sticks, that are just crying out for someone to put their foot through it!

(Arsenal came close on Thursday, mind!)

2 minutes ago, ArthurNuman said:

They’ve just discussed it on Sunday supplement. Interesting to hear the unbiased journalists points of view. 

Points to highlight

1. If SG comes to Rangers , they have more work to do as they’ll need to come up and report on it. It’s all about the Rangers as they’re not reporting on Brenda!

2. If it’s a straight choice between Rangers and them, then players will choose Rangers because of the intrigue and chance to be our Marquee signing playing for SG. 

4. It’s like Liverpool are sending SG out on loan and are going to continue supporting him as he has a good relationship with Klopp. Liverpool will want to send us their best kids on loan. 

Watched it there and thought they exact same. One thing SG will help with is our image again.

20 minutes ago, rabc10000 said:

No need for strikers as we have torres and sturridge coming to play for gerrard. 

Joking aside I think morelos will be sold in the summer and we will sign Cummings permanently along with a younger English based striker.  Also have a feeling that Dodoo may turn up and put in a shift with gerrard being here. 

Would love nothing more than morelos to bag the winner today.  Guy gets so much stick when in reality I don't think he's an out and out striker but more a link up man but due to our formation is our only proper goal threat

Dodoo turning up ? are you smoking crack?hes shite no matter who is in charge of us 

26 minutes ago, rabc10000 said:

Nah mate, link up men have to be able to hold it up for teammates and play them in,,, Morelos hasn't learned yet that there are 10 other men on the pitch with him that are allowed a crack at goal yet

18 minutes ago, Trooblue said:

Roddy Forsyth on radio this morning claiming that three issues have still to be resolved although none appear to be insurmountable, and the issue of the transfer budget and players' wages has already been settled. Still, I would not be surprised if SG decides against the move, in the same way he did when apparently on the verge of a transfer from Liverpool to Chelsea all those years ago.  

The words of Souness yesterday will be ringing in his ears, he will be well up for the challenge.

17 minutes ago, ArthurNuman said:

Points to highlight

Point 4 must not happen unless its a player who will improve the first team, we have been there before with random loan signings

Gerrard will be a scuccess here. We know it and u can feel the fear already!  The interest it l create across the uk will be huge. Rangers will be the main talking point and focus of scotland.  Nothing about them adding to their tainted titles today in the media. All the focus is on the Rangers! We r coming for ye!! 

Archived