Steven Gerrard MBE - New Manager

Wullie72

3 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

Here’s a question for those not wanting this:

If there is investment and it’s of the tune of £20m for transfer funds and this was a direct result of Gerrard being manager is that better than a couple of million under Alex Neil, Tommy Wright, MPH?

That's simply fantasy.

there is no evidence that any such funding is forthcoming other than folk spouting that Gerard wouldn't take it without a huge transfer kitty.

he is a youth manager who hasn't had a job in management at 37 with the chance to manage one of the biggest named clubs in Europe that alone would see him jump at the job without much reason. 

Honestly if you think 20 million is coming then you must think Santa has a key to your house 

• Replies 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Happy to be proved wrong but I think the Green and Grey are delighted at this. Unproven, untested coach getting the biggest job in Scotland and to be trusted with ‘serious’ cash?

A gamble too far in my opinion.

Yeah, I will be very shockedif he signs now. You would need to be fucking mad in all honesty, if thats the way i feel and i live and breathe Rangers, think how someone with no ties to the club would feel. So the knock back would be the icing on the cake after this pumping. I think im finished until next season.... no heart or fight within the club from top to bottom.

We need a proven manager to turn this mess around.  No more gambling on guys who have never managed a football team before - that's just repeating the same mistakes.  Gerrard should be nowhere near us.

1 minute ago, TMB said:

We need a proven manager to turn this mess around.  No more gambling on guys who have never managed a football team before - that's just repeating the sane mistakes.  Gerrard should be nowhere near us.

Can i ask how you think we can attract a 'proven' manager in our current state? Why dont all clubs just go and get proven managers?. The fact of the matter is our fan expectaion when compared to our transfer budget are miles apart and will put off most managers. I understand what you mean but i dont think we will get a proven manager.

1 minute ago, Brown Brogues said:

Can i ask how you think we can attract a 'proven' manager in our current state? Why dont all clubs just go and get proven managers?. The fact of the matter is our fan expectaion when compared to our transfer budget are miles apart and will put off most managers. I understand what you mean but i dont think we will get a proven manager.

As shown when the job became available pre Pedro we had proven managers like Rowett and MPH applying for the job and yet the board went with a fucking left field idiot. Looks like thy are going the same way again when we could get a proven higher calibre appointment. Stupid

3 minutes ago, callumbo87 said:

As shown when the job became available pre Pedro we had proven managers like Rowett and MPH applying for the job and yet the board went with a fucking left field idiot. Looks like thy are going the same way again when we could get a proven higher calibre appointment. Stupid

I still think we are inbetween a rock in a hard place. A manager can only do so much, i dont think any of the candidates we have been linked with are the answer. The major issues go beyond the manager anyway. We are singing from the same hymn sheet mate in regards to what we need but i just dont think we can attract anyone that will be able to clean this mess we are in.

3 minutes ago, Brown Brogues said:

I still think we are inbetween a rock in a hard place. A manager can only do so much, i dont think any of the candidates we have been linked with are the answer. The major issues go beyond the manager anyway. We are singing from the same hymn sheet mate in regards to what we need but i just dont think we can attract anyone that will be able to clean this mess we are in.

I agree with you but as in any business a proven manager will generally always make a difference even with his current team. Brenda inherited most of this lot from Delia and as pish as we are he has them winning. MPH has won with every club he’s been at and on restricted budgets. We can do so much better than an under 18s coach, PR exercise.

I’m all for giving Gerrard and macallister a shot. Winners, top level footballers all their careers and come across really well. Presence to boot.

The big concern for me is DoF signing players already, and likely being in charge of the transfers ins and outs. It’s a managers job. He will know what and who he fancies in his side. It’s likely a ‘get what your given’ situation. 

19 minutes ago, Brown Brogues said:

Kilmarnock attracted a manager when they were sitting at the bottom of the SPFL.  If they can do it, why the fuck can't we?  We don't NEED to appoint rookie managers all the time.  We have a DoF there must be someone out there we've had since December to seek one out.

Archived