Steven Gerrard MBE - New Manager

Wullie72

• Replies 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, With Heart and Hand said:

what makes you so sure of that? McCoist was a world class footballer and didnt command respect.

Your name and youre cv as a footballer mean nothing in management terms.

ill back him, but i won't be singing his name or changing my avatar to his pic or any of that pish until he desrves the praise

This is the mistake we’ve made all too often with the last few managers. We’ve allowed the excitement to spill over into levels of ridiculous optimism.

At the same time expectations have to be tempered

Massive throw of the dice by the Club...but fair play to Gerrard for ignoring the negative noise and accepting what is a huge but exciting challenge.

Oh and it means we will be hogging the headlines for months - much to the annoyance of the "all-conquering " Bheggars,

4 minutes ago, Bears&Reds said:

That story about Brewster makes no sense, he is out of contract at the end of the season and has numerous clubs trying to sign him, Liverpool are desperate for him to stay, Klopp had told him before his injury that he would be involved with the first team next season, so why he would be loaned to them scum.

Didn't know much other than the usual story being Peddled. Probably just designed to wind us up and to placate them about musonda and the 6m spent there. 

1 minute ago, NeoGeo7 said:

This is the mistake we’ve made all too often with the last few managers. We’ve allowed the excitement to spill over into levels of ridiculous optimism.

At the same time expectations have to be tempered

yup, this is why the board have went after a big name instead of a good cv because they know we'll lap it up because some if our younger fans wish we had big names signing for us so will take what we can get cause we're desperate

9 minutes ago, Goosetav said:

Got a set of balls on him accepting this challenge and isn't coming here to fail so I sincerely hope it goes well for him but not sure he knows what he's getting himself into

I'm just hoping the funds he's obviously been promised are given to him.

The only thing that leaves me with any sense of encouragement about this is the fact that the last 4 managers especially have been absolute diddies and never once showed what being a Pro Licence coach actually proves.

Long as he doesn't fall into the trap of making the same mistakes Warburton, Murty, McCoist, Pedro, made time and time again, basic decisions wrong that we can spot on a forum then he will get time and hopefully financial backing.

9 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

Is Kris okay?

To be fair the tweet doesn't tell the full story. He said 50M, 60M or 70M over a few years including transfers, agent fees and wages. Not too far fetched.

11 minutes ago, With Heart and Hand said:

what makes you so sure of that? McCoist was a world class footballer and didnt command respect.

Your name and youre cv as a footballer mean nothing in management terms.

ill back him, but i won't be singing his name or changing my avatar to his pic or any of that pish until he desrves the praise

Fair point mate tbf McCoist the footballer was a winner on the park, had the respect of his team mates, hated losing and tried like fuck, had character in bucket loads, just didn't have what it takes to be a manager.

No idea how Gerrard will pan out as a manager but doubt he will have them skelping balls off his arse at training.

7 minutes ago, Billy1984 said:

I'm just hoping the funds he's obviously been promised are given to him.

I've just seen a text from someone at work....take out of this what you want but apparently SG has been promised 25-30mill as a transfer budget...the money supposedly coming from north America via AJ....this came from AJ son who I'm led to believe is Jason?

Anyone heard anything similar or is it usual pish from people claiming to be ITK?

What are the rules on the number of domestic loans at any one time and from one club? Certainly 5 loans (since we were allowed it with Newcastle) of quality of surplus to requirement Liverpool players would be a real head start with a couple of quality signings thrown in the mix with our current squad sold as much as we can and the rest be squad players.

A massive gamble at a time when we can’t afford to, this board never fails to amaze.

Anyway if he has agreed will back him 100%, never know we might just have unearthed a gem! Plus it seems to wind the taigs up so that’s always a bonus!

1 minute ago, hammer93 said:

I've just seen a text from someone at work....take out of this what you want but apparently SG has been promised 25-30mill as a transfer budget...the money supposedly coming from north America via AJ....this came from AJ son who I'm led to believe is Jason?

Anyone heard anything similar or is it usual pish from people claiming to be ITK?

File that information under "dug meat", mate.

Archived