Steven Gerrard MBE - New Manager

Wullie72

• Replies 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, With Heart and Hand said:

what makes you so sure of that? McCoist was a world class footballer and didnt command respect.

Your name and youre cv as a footballer mean nothing in management terms.

ill back him, but i won't be singing his name or changing my avatar to his pic or any of that pish until he desrves the praise

McCoist world class?

He was a good striker but absolutely nowhere near world class.

Don’t recall McCoist having any issues gaining respect from playing staff.

I do agree that a name means nothing so let’s see how this goes (assuming Gerrard is named the manager) 

2 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

I've just seen a text from someone at work....take out of this what you want but apparently SG has been promised 25-30mill as a transfer budget...the money supposedly coming from north America via AJ....this came from AJ son who I'm led to believe is Jason?

Anyone heard anything similar or is it usual pish from people claiming to be ITK?

Would love it to be true mate.

3 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

I've just seen a text from someone at work....take out of this what you want but apparently SG has been promised 25-30mill as a transfer budget...the money supposedly coming from north America via AJ....this came from AJ son who I'm led to believe is Jason?

Anyone heard anything similar or is it usual pish from people claiming to be ITK?

How is the money meant to be able to come into the Club?

2 minutes ago, Goosetav said:

I'll bet when asked about it he says he hasn't spoken to anyone at Rangers about the job and it turns out it's Lampard we're in talks with but the board got them confused and leaked the wrong name to the press

Probably Gary fucking Neville

Just fucking announce it Rangers. Had my doubts like everyone because of our past but will back the guy to the hilt. Come on the gers. Make or break time now.

19 minutes ago, With Heart and Hand said:

what makes you so sure of that? McCoist was a world class footballer and didnt command respect.

Your name and youre cv as a footballer mean nothing in management terms.

ill back him, but i won't be singing his name or changing my avatar to his pic or any of that pish until he desrves the praise

Gerrard has only just retired and already been in coaching and done his badges. He comes across well on tv in a serious well mannered way. 

Whereas McCoist went for the showbiz lifestyle straight from retiring. Even as a pundit everything was a joke.

Im not saying that's going to make Gerrard a bettter manager btw! Just i think Gerrard would command more respect the way he seems to go about his footballing business.

3 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Would be typical of us to finally invest real money and then hand it to a nobody who has never managed a game in his life.

He would have to have an experienced team behind him to have a chance and a very good transfer Budget.

1 hour ago, Siwel said:

Gerrard isn’t who I want we could have done a lot better but the Board need to give him every opportunity to succeed, he’s your guy King back him with everything you’ve got or get yourself to fuck.

Who did you want? 

38 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Would be typical of us to finally invest real money and then hand it to a nobody who has never managed a game in his life.

Here's a mad idea: take 5 - 10 million of the fantasy 25 - 30 million and invest it in a quality manager and just give him slightly less of a transfer budget, since he knows what he's doing with it. 

Archived