Steven Gerrard MBE - New Manager

Wullie72

• Replies 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, SkylineBlue said:

Michael Barrymore is a name and his career has went down the tubes. He's got the same managerial experience as Gerrard and would probably cost us a fraction of what Gerrard wants. 

Would Michael Barrymore have us as  the first topic of conversation during the coverage of a champions leauge semi final?

3 minutes ago, Goosetav said:

wtf

You've been saying what a great appointment this is going to be.

Don't take offence here as it's not an insult it's something I genuinely want to know, have you ever been diagnosed with any brain injuries?

:lol: mate listen said in in this thread already Gerrard is a massive gamble. However I can isolated that from how I think he'll do. I think he'll succeed

Seems likely to happen but still feel like we'll fuck it up somehow. 

No sure what to think to be honest. Could turn out well. At this point I don't see how we can be any worse. Doubt he'd come here if there was no money for him to spend so if the board is willing to back him then I reckon we can give those rat bastards in the east a good challenge. 

Under Murty we have been sitting 2nd/3rd and at one point we could've got within 3 points of them. If Gerrard turns out half decent and gets players in who aren't shitebags then we might do just fine.

Everyone is making celtic out to be world beaters who can't be touched but they are actually a shite team. They only look good because the rest of Scotland is shite. Put them up against any decent English/European team and their arses will collapse. Don't listen to the taigs and the mhedia. 

Or you know...he'll come here, fuck up, and be chased out. Fuck knows but who ever we get needs to be given a proper chance and shot by both the support and board.

3 minutes ago, DinViesel said:

Would Michael Barrymore have us as  the first topic of conversation during the coverage of a champions leauge semi final?

Probably not but I'd happily let our first team attend one of his pool parties

Another dig talking about Liverpool assistant manager and potentially arsenal and having no experience.

What sorta big club would take a gamble on a manager with no experience

Gerrard only one way to gain it gary

Lineker with a wee ‘dig’ there about “what big club would go for someone with no experience” (talking about the Liverpool number 2 for arsenal) 

and Gerrard was a bit defensive in his reaction 

i reckon this is already done and lineker, Ferdinand and lampard all already know it 

might as well buckle up for the ride  ??

14 minutes ago, wullyRFC said:

As a manager he's an absolute nobody. 

A player of that stature, he’ll always draw attention when he takes his first managers job. That’s why you don’t see players like that taking jobs in league 2 or the national league. 

Lets be honest, a massive risk for the board, but also a risk for Gerrard putting his reputation on the line. Let’s remember we’re talking about a player who was probably in the top 10 players in the world at one point (arguably in the top 3 midfielders). 

So he has said he has some talks with us and there will be some more in a few days.

At least it will calm the mad rumours for a few days.

I don't think he will come as he will be looking for a specific transfer budget.

Archived