Steven Gerrard MBE - New Manager

Wullie72

• Replies 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Could Gerrard convince James Mcarthur to sign up? Am excited to see the level we can attract under him. We shouldn't overrun our team with experienced pros but 3/4 wouldn't hurt.

Gareth barry or players of that level hes a free this summer

Just now, KingKirk said:

Could Gerrard convince James Mcarthur to sign up? Am excited to see the level we can attract under him. We shouldn't overrun our team with experienced pros but 3/4 wouldn't hurt.

Gareth barry or players of that level hes a free this summer

IMO no. James is a Rangers fan, we should be the only draw neccessary if he wants to come back to Scotland regardless of who the manager is.

6 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Any tarrier I’ve heard or seen talk about this is either in denial it’s happening or gutted. Got to wonder why

Because he's a big name and they've been encouraged by the media in Scotland to think that he and many other big names love them and hate us. When the reality is, nobody cares.

12 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

Hopefully he’s in the DB on Sunday and he’s announced Sunday night

Tarriers announced big brenda on the eve of our cup final , hope if it is to be SG , that we've learned a lesson there and have it sorted for Monday's papers . 

Just now, The Godfather said:

I'm away to top myself 

And I thought the chucky green days were bad...

The thing is with Gerrard is that is unquestionably a big gamble. He has not track record of course and just because you were a good player doesnt mean you will be a good manager eg Bobby Moore, Charlton etc etc 

The majority on here are pessimistic. And on FF theyre pulling their wee cocks out in anticipation. 

But can he be a good coach? Of course he can -whynot? Time will tell. But he is going to require significant financial support? My hunch is that he will not take it unless there is.

So im willing get on the 'Gerrard55 train' - and why not? The alternatives out there (Warnock,FDB, Clarke) are gambles too arent they?

10 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Any tarrier I’ve heard or seen talk about this is either in denial it’s happening or gutted. Got to wonder why

Cause Phil told em sevco is going bust. Gerrard kills that poor scummy cunt.

Get it up them

Archived