Steven Gerrard MBE - New Manager

Wullie72

8 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Clearly a go at Gerrard. What's Gerrard done to be considered a diddy

In a managerial context.

No-one is (because they can't) saying a word against him as a footballer and a household name. After Messi and Ronaldo, in recent years he's every bit as world famous as the likes of Beckham, Lampard, Neymar or anyone else. Top top name in football.

But that's where it starts and stops.

He has zero managerial experience so it's a diddy appointment in that sense. We are assuming because of his name, then he will be a top manager. Football doesn't work that way.

If I was a partner in USA's top law firm, based in a skyscraper in Midtown Manhattan and appointed Gerrard as a senior partner that would be a diddy appointment too for the same reasons. It's not a slur on Gerrard at all - he's simply unqualified and a bad choice. 

• Replies 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

We don't have money. If we did we wouldn't be about to hire some guy who has fuck all experience in management.

Think about it, we can't attract decent managers because we can't afford it. 

Steven fucking Gerrard, who was plan b? Frank lampard?

Jose Mourinho did fuck all and has achieved a lot in football.:pipe:

2 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

In a managerial context.

No-one is (because they can't) saying a word against him as a footballer and a household name. After Messi and Ronaldo, in recent years he's every bit as world famous as the likes of Beckham, Lampard, Neymar or anyone else. Top top name in football.

He has zero managerial experience so it's a diddy appointment in that sense. We are assuming because of his name, then he will be a top manager. Football doesn't work that way.

If I was a partner in USA's top law firm, based in a skyscraper in Midtown Manhattan and appointed Gerrard as a senior partner that would be a diddy appointment too for the same reasons. It's not a slur on Gerrard at all - he's simply unqualified and a bad choice. 

Logical post.

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

In a managerial context.

Just because he was a good player doesnt mean he cant be a good manager - its a gamble, no doubt about it.

A bad choice though? You could be wrong - time will tell. 

Still fucking baffled this is happening and even more baffled cunts are on board with it.

No managerial experience. Zero. Less than Graeme fucking Murty.

All very well saying he was a top player and will command respect from the squad but I can assure you if he doesn’t have it it’ll take a matter of weeks for that respect to be forgotten about.

Incredible that after several years fumbling about and the last seven months we are appointing a nobody (in the managerial sense) to the role.

3 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

In a managerial context.

Was too busy drunkenly typing my post but you’ve summed it up. Spot on.

2 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

That's a guess because there has been no figures mentioned at all....

Where did you get the amount and how do you know what would cover a decent manager?  

I took it as read from a previous post on this thread, ?

Im sure SG will not have come here on the cheap given he is already a very rich man. Money talks.

4 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Based on we are appointing a complete novice to replace another novice who has more experience than the said recently retired footballer.

We have hired 3 diddies in a row probably more but I lost count. We are run by diddies who hire diddies.

Ya fucking diddy 

How does that make Gerrard a diddy? By all means you can be worried etc but keep it fucking real. Truth is none of us know if he is gonna be successful or fail. 

1 minute ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

Just because he was a good player doesnt mean he cant be a good manager - its a gamble, no doubt about it.

Of course but the very fact you've just said the word gamble yourself there is key ... gamble gamble gamble ... that is the issue.

For us where we are at, and what we need then a gamble is a diddy appointment. Stupid and irresponsible. Amateurish. Illogical. Use whatever term you want.

We don't need someone who could be good, bad or just meh/OK. We need a surer thing. 

I've no crystal ball, it comes down to opinion and your own faith/judgement - how anyone can be optimistic and have the faith and think otherwise after everything that's happened with these people and their decisions and the fact they even admit it's a gamble themselves is seriously baffling.

As Godfather said earlier, some of our support must be alkies.

6 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

In a managerial context.

^^^^^^^^

7 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

In a managerial context.

Inexperienced then but no a diddy ffs. I get your point tho

1 minute ago, KingKirk said:

How does that make Gerrard a diddy? By all means you can be worried etc but keep it fucking real. Truth is none of us know if he is gonna be successful or fail. 

This. Its a gamble, a risk no doubt about it but it might just come off 

2 minutes ago, TEFTONG said:

The thing my old Dad has been going on about is how much they seemed to fall out near the end of Gerrard's playing career and how he went to L.A. Galaxy because rubber lips felt threatened by him being there..??

I can't remember if that is accurate or not as I took no notice in what was happening at Liverpool. If it is true then Gerrard has all the motivation needed to put that sanctimonious prick in his place. 

It's a huge gamble but if the funds are available then let's give it a right good fucking go...

I still expect our Board to fuck it up though..

I don't expect Gerrard to comment much on his dislike of Rodgers, but what you have posted is true, Rodgers told Gerrard that he wasn't able in his opinion to play in an attacking role anymore as he hadn't the legs for it (Rodgers was right tbf) and started moving him around the pitch to find somewhere to put him, eventually settling on playing him as deep lying playmaker, the first few months he struggled badly and was getting serious stick from fans, that was the season Liverpool finished 2nd, the next season he again played in that role his contract was up at the end of the season Rodgers kept messing Gerrard about over a new contract and then told him that if he signed a new contract he wouldn't play regularly, that was i think the final straw for Gerrard as far as Rodgers was concerned that coupled with Gerrards last ever game being a record defeat for Liverpool in the PL a 6-1 defeat at Stoke just added to the poor relationship, i know that Gerrard also blames Rodgers for blowing the league title by not listening to the players who wanted him to play for the draw against Chelsea which would have left the league title in Liverpools hands with two games to go instead they went all out for the win; lost because of the Gerrard slip, something that means that he has to live with the "Slippy G" tag for life.

Whether Gerrard has tactically what it takes to be a top manager only time will tell, but one thing he is, is very strong willed and won't tolerate wasters, anyone not putting in 100% effort will be punted.

Just now, KingKirk said:

Inexperienced then but no a diddy ffs. I get your point tho

I'd need to back and re-read his posts so I could be wrong here, but I don't think he was calling Gerrard a diddy, he meant a diddy appointment which is a different thing. He's not slagging Gerrard, he's slagging the board for making irresponsible decisions with the clubs future.

38 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Any tarrier I’ve heard or seen talk about this is either in denial it’s happening or gutted. Got to wonder why

Because they think everyone in liverpool loves them when the truth is they think they are cunts even more so on the 12th when the walk is on. Even the Irish who support Liverpool can't stand them.

Of course but the very fact you've just said the word gamble yourself there is key ... gamble gamble gamble ... that is the issue.

For us where we are at, and what we need then a gamble is a diddy appointment. Stupid and irresponsible. Amateurish. Illogical. Use whatever term you want.

We don't need someone who could be good, bad or just meh/OK. We need a surer thing. 

I've no crystal ball, it comes down to opinion and your own faith/judgement - how anyone can be optimistic and have the faith and think otherwise after everything that's happened with these people and their decisions and the fact they even admit it's a gamble themselves is seriously baffling.

As Godfather said earlier, some of our support must be alkies.

Who isnt a gamble that we can realistically get? Every name that has surfaced has been lampooned by many eg McInnes, Warnock, FDB, Clarke etc etc - we have to hire someone. In my view he will only take it with sufficient transfer funds - so IF he takes it im on board 

I'd need to back and re-read his posts so I could be wrong here, but I don't think he was calling Gerrard a diddy, he meant a diddy appointment which is a different thing. He's not slagging Gerrard, he's slagging the board for making irresponsible decisions with the clubs future.

If thats the case apologies @The Godfather:tu:

11 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

In a managerial context.

Why would you appoint a footballer as a lawyer. 

Just now, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

Who isnt a gamble that we can realistically get? Every name that has surfaced has been lampooned by many eg McInnes, Warnock, FDB, Clarke etc etc - we have to hire someone. In my view he will only take it with sufficient transfer funds - so IF he takes it im on board 

Everyone is a gamble, some more than others and Gerrard is right at the extreme end of the gamble spectrum. I accept whoever we appoint is a gamble but there's gambles and there's gambles. That's the point.

6 minutes ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

Have we not had enough gambles ? Do we really want another ?

I hope it works but I said that with the previous muppets.

This board have learned nothing from the Murray years, they are still gambling with the club and it’s future when a safe pair of managerial hands are needed.

Archived